G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone else experience this...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else experience this...?

I have a z-tube, popcharger, test pipes, and a plenum spacer installed in the car. When the car is cold, and especially when the weather is pretty chilly, the car is loud as f*ck at WOT. I understand that cars' engines are louder when it's cold, but it's significantly louder. I started noticing this once I installed my plenum, and more noticable when I installed the popcharger. At first I thought that I installed the spacer incorrectly, but I re-did the install and same outcome.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 01-15-2006, 10:39 PM
D87
Originally Posted by vstypicals
When the car is cold, and especially when the weather is pretty chilly, the car is loud as f*ck at WOT.
Wow, and you're in SOCAL too, so "chilly" probably isn't that cold either...

Old 01-15-2006, 10:54 PM
I know exactly what you mean vstypicals!

I have a full borla exhaust and AEM intake... I was late for a meeting and don't normally beat my car when it's cold... Anyways, about 5-10minutes later I dropped the hammer and the WOT open throttle sound almost scared the **** out of me... Thought something was broken, loose, or something...

Really loud intake sound... As the car warms up it goes away... Not sure why it makes that sound but I like it!!! LOL

How do you like the plenum spacer? Was it hard? Does it void warranty? I want one this spring... Which to get... hmnmmm...

BADG35

Old 01-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a z-tube, popcharger, test pipes, and a plenum spacer installed in the car. When the car is cold, and especially when the weather is pretty chilly, the car is loud as f*ck at WOT. I understand that cars' engines are louder when it's cold, but it's significantly louder. I started noticing this once I installed my plenum, and more noticable when I installed the popcharger. At first I thought that I installed the spacer incorrectly, but I re-did the install and same outcome.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff
hay jeff. i instaled my skunk2 plenum but mine is the exact opposite of what your going threw. after i instaled my spacer i lost sound i cant hear my z tube anymore it sounds like a stock G. i dont want to take it off cuz i can feal the power from the plenum and i rather have that then the sound.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by D87
Wow, and you're in SOCAL too, so "chilly" probably isn't that cold either...
Yeah, chilly is more like 50 degrees to me. Haha.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by BADG35
I know exactly what you mean vstypicals!

I have a full borla exhaust and AEM intake... I was late for a meeting and don't normally beat my car when it's cold... Anyways, about 5-10minutes later I dropped the hammer and the WOT open throttle sound almost scared the **** out of me... Thought something was broken, loose, or something...

Really loud intake sound... As the car warms up it goes away... Not sure why it makes that sound but I like it!!! LOL

How do you like the plenum spacer? Was it hard? Does it void warranty? I want one this spring... Which to get... hmnmmm...

BADG35
The spacer is nice, I guess. But like I mentioned above, I felt it more when the engine is cold, and once it warms up, it's not as noticable. Install was pretty straightforward. Warranty? It won't void your warranty unless they can prove that it was the cause of the problem, I believe. But anyway, go for the MD one since there's more "support" and feedback on it.

Goodluck,
Jeff

Old 01-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by slikster818
hay jeff. i instaled my skunk2 plenum but mine is the exact opposite of what your going threw. after i instaled my spacer i lost sound i cant hear my z tube anymore it sounds like a stock G. i dont want to take it off cuz i can feal the power from the plenum and i rather have that then the sound.
Hmm, from what I've read/heard, the spacer should make the car louder around 4000+ RPM. Maybe you can't hear the z-tube anymore since it's sound is being overwhelmed by the sound of the spacer. I only had a z-tube as well the first time I installed the spacer and it was pretty damn loud when the engine was cold. (First 5 mins or so.) Anyway, I see you live in 818. Maybe we can meet up one day and test drive each other's cars and see the difference.

- Jeff

Old 01-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Hmm, from what I've read/heard, the spacer should make the car louder around 4000+ RPM. Maybe you can't hear the z-tube anymore since it's sound is being overwhelmed by the sound of the spacer. I only had a z-tube as well the first time I installed the spacer and it was pretty damn loud when the engine was cold. (First 5 mins or so.) Anyway, I see you live in 818. Maybe we can meet up one day and test drive each other's cars and see the difference.

- Jeff
thats a good idea it will ease my mind about my car.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:01 AM
thats a good idea it will ease my mind about my car.
What city are you from?

Old 01-16-2006, 01:11 AM
What city are you from?
glendale you?

Old 01-16-2006, 02:53 AM
glendale you?
Umm, my girlfriend lives in Panorama City.. So, I guess Panorama City?

Old 01-16-2006, 07:17 PM
RE: spacer and meet up.

Hey I am very interested in getting the mrev spacer. I would love to see the actual install though. I would like to feel and hear the car too. I live in Hollywood. let me know when you guys are meeting up. If you guys don't mind I would like meet up also. Please let me know, thanks.
Pm me thanks.

James

Old 01-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by drunkin master
Hey I am very interested in getting the mrev spacer. I would love to see the actual install though. I would like to feel and hear the car too. I live in Hollywood. let me know when you guys are meeting up. If you guys don't mind I would like meet up also. Please let me know, thanks.
Pm me thanks.

James
I don't have the MREV. I just have a plenum spacer and it's a Skunk2 spacer and not the Motordyne one.. but yeah, if someone sets up a time and date, maybe meet up at a weekly Glendale/Burbank/818 whatever meet, I'll come.

Let me know,
Jeff