G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Horrible metal noise.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horrible metal noise.

Hi, I am kinda new to the forum and I may be abit paranoid because its my first new car but I've had two weird noises coming from my car. A loud hiss coming from the passenger of the car which sounds like a hole in the tire. I guess its the fuel pump, unless other ppl think I should take it in to be checked up?? btw the noise stops when the car is off.

The other noise is a metal grinding noise coming from the front of the car or the bottom "im not sure" but it only happens when I put it in first gear going up a driveway kind of slow. That noise really worries me because it sounds really painful. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-jme

Old 01-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd bring the car in and have it checked out.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmeli11
Hi, I am kinda new to the forum and I may be abit paranoid because its my first new car but I've had two weird noises coming from my car. A loud hiss coming from the passenger of the car which sounds like a hole in the tire. I guess its the fuel pump, unless other ppl think I should take it in to be checked up?? btw the noise stops when the car is off.

The other noise is a metal grinding noise coming from the front of the car or the bottom "im not sure" but it only happens when I put it in first gear going up a driveway kind of slow. That noise really worries me because it sounds really painful. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-jme
Does it only last about 2 seconds? if it does? it might just be ABS doing a system check...not sure what is the first one tho, take it to dealer and see what they say...

Old 01-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by limeg35
Does it only last about 2 seconds? if it does? it might just be ABS doing a system check...not sure what is the first one tho, take it to dealer and see what they say...
Is that what that weird sound is when i start my car? It makes my brakes not really work that well when it happens.

Not tryin to thread hijack sorry.

Old 01-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts

-jme

If you find out what that noise is from the front please let me know. Mine is making a rattle/clicking noise when I go slowly up a hill too but the dealership can't seem to reproduce it.

Thanks!

Old 01-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ttrank
If you find out what that noise is from the front please let me know. Mine is making a rattle/clicking noise when I go slowly up a hill too but the dealership can't seem to reproduce it.

Thanks!
same here front end noise
when turning not moving
going to see the dealer weds.
he said it could be front sway bar could be loose

Old 01-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Just a pebble?

-jme
I just took mine in last week for a metal grinding noise. They said a pebble was stuck in the front brake's "dust shield". The dealership had me in-and-out in about 15 min.....no charge! The technician identified it immediately by just driving my car 50 feet and knew exactly what to do.