G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sharp back pain from sitting in coupe(I'm only 20)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by imRACERX
adjust your lumbar support and make sure to adjust your recline, in the most upright position you can tolerate. The problem is muscle weakness in your paraspinal muscles. you need to work out your back muscles. Go to a Physical Therapist. RX
after re-reading your post, you dont specify wether the pain is localized or "shooting" down to your legs, but if it does travel to the leg/legs you may have nerve impingement caused by a disc wich has herniated. what you would call a "slipped disc" anyway, if the pain is only localized its only weakness of your back muscles. RX
FREE CONSULT!
Thanks guys. Its a localized pain but not exactly in one point. Don't know how to describe it but sparks of electric comes to mind lol I also keep my wallet in my backpocket when I drive. Never had the problem in my JDM celica.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by cloud
Thanks guys. Its a localized pain but not exactly in one point. Don't know how to describe it but sparks of electric comes to mind lol I also keep my wallet in my backpocket when I drive. Never had the problem in my JDM celica.
well its either a herniation or your pelvis is rotated "out of wack" your best bet is to see a physical therapist in town. TRUST ME. You will have the same pain regardless of car you drive if you cont to nothing about it. And it will only get worse. I can tell that its obviously a concern if you took time to post a thread on it. Do yourself a favor and either see a physical therapist or you family doctor if you first need a prescrition in whatever state you live in. RX

Old 01-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by G35MC
time to do some exercise? I think G35 coupe have the best seats ever for me.

Not quite for me.. I've had Recaro's racing seats and they are very comfortable.. I spend 3-4 hours day in my car (field engineer), and I have no problem with any type of pains (im 21).

The G35 seats are ok, I like them no problems.

*Edit* I also sit with a thick wallet in my pocket that does bother me sometimes.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:07 PM
hm..

cloud: you want to trade seats? I'll buy your coupe seats from you

Old 01-23-2006, 05:13 PM
i have yet to have problems with the seat in my G. I am 20 as well. My buddy has a VW GTI VR6 and those seats will kill your back in about 10mins. it is horrible!! The G35 seats are much better than a lot of other seats out there. The only thing you can do is just keep trying different settings on the seat and see if any of them help you out.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sitting with a wallet in your back pocket isn't bad because it causes your pelvis to shift. It's bad because your psyatic(sp?) nerve runs through your cheek, right where your wallet would be. Nerve cells cannot tolerate any kind of pressure like that. Prolonged pressure actually kills the nerve cells. The shooting pain is caused by your nerve cells being in distress.

Trust me about this, as I know all about nerve damage, as I ruptured one of my discs in my back, and herniated it again a few years after I had surgery.

But all that aside, I found the seats in my G coupe to be the most comfortable seats out of any car I've ever owned. I also find it to be one of th easier cars to enter/exit. Exiting my wife's TL is very awkward on my back, because the way the pillar is situated in relation to the seat.

How do you adjust your seat as far as tilt and such? My neurologist gave me a brochure on proper driving position, as he said most people drive with bad posture. For example, many people tilt the seat bottom slightly backwards to support their legs. This puts pressure on your tailbone region, which impacts a few nerve endings, causing back pain. The distance you sit from the wheel effects how much your arms stretch. Over-extending to reach the wheel, puts a lot of stress on your upper/mid back region, etc.

Proper posture is a science. Bad posture can also lead to calcification in your discs, which can lead to more problems/pain/etc.

And no, I'm not an old fart. I ruptured my disc when I was only 25.

Last edited by avs007; 01-23-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by imRACERX
well its either a herniation or your pelvis is rotated "out of wack" your best bet is to see a physical therapist in town. TRUST ME. You will have the same pain regardless of car you drive if you cont to nothing about it. And it will only get worse. I can tell that its obviously a concern if you took time to post a thread on it. Do yourself a favor and either see a physical therapist or you family doctor if you first need a prescrition in whatever state you live in. RX
Agree 100%. I was the same way. I helped my parents move. Then I started having back pain. Started out as a small pain, that gradually got worse. And I mean MUCH worse. Started out as not being able to get comfortable in my car, no matter how I adjusted it. Then it became, could not even sit more than 5 minutes without feeling like I got stabbed. To eventually could not even lie down and be comfortable.

By the way, do you have an ergonomical chair at work?

Last edited by avs007; 01-23-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by avs007
Sitting with a wallet in your back pocket isn't bad because it causes your pelvis to shift. It's bad because your psyatic(sp?) nerve runs through your cheek, right where your wallet would be. Nerve cells cannot tolerate any kind of pressure like that. Prolonged pressure actually kills the nerve cells. The shooting pain is caused by your nerve cells being in distress.

Trust me about this, as I know all about nerve damage, as I ruptured one of my discs in my back, and herniated it again a few years after I had surgery.

But all that aside, I found the seats in my G coupe to be the most comfortable seats out of any car I've ever owned. I also find it to be one of th easier cars to enter/exit. Exiting my wife's TL is very awkward on my back, because the way the pillar is situated in relation to the seat.

How do you adjust your seat as far as tilt and such? My neurologist gave me a brochure on proper driving position, as he said most people drive with bad posture. For example, many people tilt the seat bottom slightly backwards to support their legs. This puts pressure on your tailbone region, which impacts a few nerve endings, causing back pain. The distance you sit from the wheel effects how much your arms stretch. Over-extending to reach the wheel, puts a lot of stress on your upper/mid back region, etc.

Proper posture is a science. Bad posture can also lead to calcification in your discs, which can lead to more problems/pain/etc.

And no, I'm not an old fart. I ruptured my disc when I was only 25.
Yes it can impinge the sciatic nerve as well but it also can result in the classic case of sacroiliac joint problems. And i do trust you but I also trust all my years in school too, about 9 and that includes all summers too. RX

Old 01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by avs007
Agree 100%. I was the same way. I helped my parents move. Then I started having back pain. Started out as a small pain, that gradually got worse. And I mean MUCH worse. Started out as not being able to get comfortable in my car, no matter how I adjusted it. Then it became, could not even sit more than 5 minutes without feeling like I got stabbed. To eventually could not even lie down and be comfortable.

By the way, do you have an ergonomical chair at work?
Do I have an ergo chair at work? Actually my hospital has several but we dont get to use them much. I'm always on the go! RX

Old 01-23-2006, 06:52 PM
actually, I just got around looking for the lumbar support lever today and I'm trying different positions. It has always been in the vertical position(least support I think?). That might be the cause, I'll just wait till the next long drive and post up some "results"

Old 01-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by cloud
actually, I just got around looking for the lumbar support lever today and I'm trying different positions. It has always been in the vertical position(least support I think?). That might be the cause, I'll just wait till the next long drive and post up some "results"
Yea the lumbar may help a bit. it will not help if you have bad posture though (rounded shoulders, head forward, etc. also, you can purchase ergonomic seat covers that are simply placed onto the seats. They have all sorts of diff ones. Even ones with heat to certain areas, massage, etc. But if your problem is internally, and not due to the seat, then nothing will help unless you see a proffesional. If it gets worse, you should deff. see a Pysical Therapist. RX

Old 01-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Well i'll admit i need to get back into the excercise mode and get rid of the Xmas gut,i just bought my G35 Coupe and have had it for 2 1/2 months, it took me awhile to find the right seating postion and now after many miles and what seems like every possible combination of settings i have the right one for me, trial and error, and yes take the friggin wallet out of your back pocket. When i drive my Excursion i don't feel the wallet in my pocket, but the seats in the G are hold you better and with my wallet in the pocket my lower back and left side butt cheek( sorry i know TMI) were aching.

I wish i had the memory feature in my car , after the wife drives it, and she loves this car, i have to go thru the whole routine to get the comfort back in my drivers seat.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:54 PM
I definately notice a difference in comfort when sitting in the G35c with a wallet in the back pocket.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Damn wimpy kids ......!

I just turned 61. I was diagnosed with degenerative hip disease 15 years ago (Osteoarthritis) with the prognosis I'd need total hip replacement in5-10 years.
Ichose the alt.ernate route of working out 5 -6 days a week including 8.miles on an Airdyne,some weight work and 200 crunches 3x'a week.
2 things get tired of are the complaints about back problems from the G's seats and people worrying about over reving their damn motors ....... I red lined my Coupe leaving the dealers and IF my back hurt (in my 20's no less) I wouldn't be asking for help on the internet ........... are you the same degenerates clogging the aisles at Walmart with your asses hanging over te seat of the "handicap" scooters,too?
QTF whining and get in shape, and Oh Yeah start shiftin at 7 Grand. Dad paid alot for that guarantee! Heh, heh.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Bigguy2000
I just turned 61. I was diagnosed with degenerative hip disease 15 years ago (Osteoarthritis) with the prognosis I'd need total hip replacement in5-10 years.
Ichose the alt.ernate route of working out 5 -6 days a week including 8.miles on an Airdyne,some weight work and 200 crunches 3x'a week.
2 things get tired of are the complaints about back problems from the G's seats and people worrying about over reving their damn motors ....... I red lined my Coupe leaving the dealers and IF my back hurt (in my 20's no less) I wouldn't be asking for help on the internet ........... are you the same degenerates clogging the aisles at Walmart with your asses hanging over te seat of the "handicap" scooters,too?
QTF whining and get in shape, and Oh Yeah start shiftin at 7 Grand. Dad paid alot for that guarantee! Heh, heh.
YO GRANDAD, as a doc here on the forum i can reccomend two things for you! 1: Get a frigging hip replacement before you have a stroke! and 2: GET TO BED! its past your bed time. RX
Oh man, this thread is gonna blow up now. Not sure why you had to post. You've really opened yourself up, but I like it! I will suggest hoiwever, that you take your Micardis or whatever heart meds you take, that is if you decide to check this thread tomorrow! RX

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sharp back pain from sitting in coupe(I'm only 20)