G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe vs Mini Cooper S type

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35 Coupe vs Mini Cooper S type

Boo.......
No Urkel mobile for me and yes I have driven one... I feel huge in that INNI TINI MINI POS...

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by merlin on 08/16/03 08:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-15-2003, 07:30 PM

The Mini crapper forum?

Wow. Guess this forum has lost a bit of class since my last visit. Thanks for lowering the intelligence ratio.

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

Old 08-15-2003, 08:04 PM

G35C Pearl White Auto<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by merlin on 08/16/03 08:55 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-15-2003, 08:17 PM

I think of the mini as a girls car in the same class as a VW bug

Old 08-15-2003, 09:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

personally, I wouldn't drive the Mini, but I doubt many here would.... I will say that for a small car its got a lot of personality and personality goes a long way. I laugh every time I see it, just because the styling is sooo different than most other small cars on the road

I still just don't understand why they couldn't make the guages bigger on that thing.

6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero

Old 08-15-2003, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YOU GOT TO SH*TTING ME. THE G RULEZZZZZZZZ.

Old 08-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Re: G35 Coupe vs Mini Cooper S type *DELETED*

Post deleted by merlin

Old 08-16-2003, 02:42 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

As true car enthusiast you guys should be respecting other people's opinions and looking at other cars potential. I do not think the Cooper is a girly car nor is it a POS. Also lets not forget neither the G35 nor the Cooper were built for the drag strip.

Also how would you like for your cars to be called POS when they get their A$$ handed to them by a truck???? Trust me it will happen!

Old 08-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^ what black said... I guess some people just can't have an appreciation for something that isn't theirs. There are tons of cars that aren't for me. I love my G... but that dosen't mean I can't respect or appreciate something different, even though I wouldn't own it.

6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero

Old 08-16-2003, 11:07 AM

The Mini looks fun as hell to me. It's clearly an enthusiast's car, and should never be looked at the same way as a little econo-shytebox like...what's that tiny little Ford POS...the Festiva? You know the one I mean. Totally different thing...

The Mini is a recreation of a classic micro sportster from the past, the original Mini Cooper of (I think) the 60's and 70's. A car that deserves its classic status as much as many other small high performance cars of their day like Triumph TR4's and MGB's.

It's also quite a fine piece of modern industrial design, as Shelleycat points out, with cutting edge interior styling and generally high quality parts and construction. It's a classy piece, in a retro-modern way, and is probably insanely fun to drive. Go Shelley...

Old 08-16-2003, 03:46 PM

I am getting a mini. i just ordered one and it will be delivered on october. it will be parked in the garage next to my dads g35c. the g will tear it up to 60 and all of that but will loose out in the corners. they are completly different car though, 280hp vs 163hp... 1.6 vs 3.5 liters... its still fun though. it can out handle all ferraris and most porshes.

Old 08-16-2003, 04:05 PM

You sound like a guy who didn't read any of the posts and felt the need to say something stupid to further show your lack of knowledge on the subject matter. You obviously misunderstood everything I wrote and every reference it made to the previous posts. *sigh*

Quote-"Just buy a cavalier and put a supercharger on it for under $20,000 if your going to make those kinds of comparisons. You sound like the guy comparing our G to an M3. They are very different cars so if parallel parking is your thing, get the mini and you'll be happy! "

Old 08-16-2003, 05:11 PM

Thanks for making those very astute points, Loren04coupe. I would have but I just took it for granted that other people would understand those basic facts! Oh silly me! LOL!

And your comments on the interior of the Acura RSX is spot on. Why don't they admit it's just a Honda?

I think the G35 beats out all other cars in its class from 25k up to 40k. I think of the MCS as another sure-fire winner but not comparable. Indeed, the two cars have received many of the same awards, altho the MINI did beat out the G35 for best new car for North America, but that could be because the votes were split between the G and 350z. Anyway, different cars, different class, but still a lot of fun for only a 21k entry fee.

And oh yeah, thanks to the FWD and the go-kart positioning of the wheels and lack of spare tire, there's more interior room in the MCS than the G35 coupe, Celica, Audi TT. Put down the rear seats and you have more than 20 cubic sq feet, all usable. Coopers are being comfortably driven by 6'7" linebackers who say it has more leg room than the WRX. When I test drove it, I was accompanied by a 6'2" and 6'0" and 5'10" and they all said they'd be fine for a couple hours at least.

Additionally, there was a G35 coupe on Ebay that the owner was giving up because at 6'5" he felt very uncomfortable.

So I would hesitate to give any credence to anyone who says the MINI felt small and claustrophobic. Clearly, they haven't driven it or they're taller than Lurch from the Addams Family. What are the odds?

My thanks to the posters who understand that we can compare cars without reducing it to the level of "my car is better and you're an idiot of you don't agree with me."

True car enthusiasts appreciate cars, period. We understand the flaws and strengths, share our personal preferences, and compare and contrast accordingly all in the name of fun.

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

Old 08-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MINI Cooper S is in class D-Stock in SCCA Solo2 racing. The same class, incidentally, as the G35 Sedan. They handle exceptionally well on a tight course, which more than makes up for a lack of power.

Of course, I could fit one in my trunk.... [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I hear that the S version's supercharger displaces the battery from the engine bay (not enough room) -- so they moved it to the trunk, displacing the spare tire.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe vs Mini Cooper S type