G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Looking for 12volts constant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again but I'm giving up. Last night I retraced all my steps and tried another source for 12v. Seemed fine. Started putting my console back together. Tried starting the car. No dice. Dead battery again. Made appt with car stereo place for tomorrow.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:14 PM
that bc you are drawing 12v constantly.... its gona kill tha battery

Old 01-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes, i know but according to Parrot thats what it needs so that it keeps the your voice tags and settings. I've spoken to Parrot and have gone over my installation and they say i've done everything right. Do you have anything else i could try? You saw the directions. There isnt much too it right? 1 ground and 2 x 12 volts (one to ignition, one to battery).

Old 01-27-2006, 05:39 PM
hmmm.... trust me try posting this in the audio section of this forum... were really lucky to have some Great audio ppl!!! i love that section they've helpe me a lot..... https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/

Old 01-27-2006, 07:49 PM
I took your advice and moved it to the Audio and Electronics forum. I hope someone can help b4 i spend some more $$$ Thanks for the suggestion buddy.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't worry to much about it draining your battery. Our radios havea constant 12v to remember radio presets. I'm sure none of us have had a battery die b/c of that. I'd say run a wire from the battery. Seach the DIY section for the word GROMMET. A post by Gorgee will be the one to follow. If it doesn't already have one ask Parrot what amp fuse you should put in line if you run it straight off of the battery.

Old 01-28-2006, 10:15 AM
but if im finding 12v constant w/o a key in the ignition, isnt that basically coming direct from the battery? If so, thats what ive done and the battery is draining. what would be the difference of going directly to the battery then?

Old 01-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I would tap in to either the 12vdc wire running to the key switch or to the BCMs power supply. Just make sure you fuse your wire, so you don't blow any vital OEM fuses if something goes wrong.

Tapping a 12vdc constant fuse won't necesarrily drain your battery. Typically, all this tap is doing is keeping the memory to the device, so its a really small current. There are a ton of devices in the car drawing power at all times, such as the ECU, BCM, clock, radio, and that little flashing LED.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by KPierson
ECU, BCM, clock, radio, and that little flashing LED.
Yes this is tru, but the unit he is using, from what i can tell in the diagram, is draining the battery because it is staying on constantly.... there is a good chance i could be wrong, thats what it looked like to me and his bat. is dead.... and if u wanna run a line straight from the batt id suggest u take out the battery and drill thru the fire wall start w/ a small pilolt hole and then get bigger as needed, you wont need to go to big any way then a lil silicone and your all set.... when the battery and the cover is in place you wont see a thing....

Old 01-28-2006, 12:25 PM
you guys are funny

what i ment by only being on with the key is when you turn the key these wires power up and thats what turns on your radio etc. when the key is off they power off. no if you lose the key and all that other crap yall came up with. anyways the best place to get it is at the harness and put a fuse on it

Old 01-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Parrot problem seems solved... keeping fingers crossed

I decided to run a wire directly to the battery and thru the main grommet that enters the car under the dash on the passenger side. So far the battery is holding just fine all day. Hopefully it will stay ok

Thanks for everyones help on this and special thanks to MBentley who pointed me in the right direction regarding the grommet placement and the audio and electronics forum.

Its great having the support out there!

Regards,
Neal.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:19 PM
I have the Parrot ck3100 installed in my 05 g35x. Just buy the adaptor from Siocommunication UK. You will just need to move the adaptor pins and it can patch all your Parrot connectors to the back of the HU. The part # is

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/S...roduct=SOT-096

Everything will work fine without draining your batteries.

al

Old 01-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Appreciate the reply but i think im sticking with an external spkr for now. Does your radio mute when a call comes in?

Old 01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Yes it does as it is a direct patch through the adaptor from the Parrot box to the HU. Whatever the Parrot is supposed to do will work fine. If you go with external speaker, you will have better luck controlling the volume. That's because the way I do is going directly to the amp and the Parrot signal is quite loud even though I have my Parrot turned all the way down.

al

Old 01-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok thanks for the information. I knew some company would come up with something soon. I think a company called JustCarKits in the UK will have something similar soon too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for 12volts constant