G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Back from service at the dealer; has this ever happened to you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Anytime that I have ever taken any of my cars to the
dealership I "Always" have them write on the service
order "No Wash". The last time I took my 300ZX in
for service the wash dude locked my keys in the car.
The service order said "No Wash". I wasn't too
pissed!

Old 01-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MBentley
Whenever I buy a car I tell them to take off the sticker that they put on the trunk
There are some dealers here (not Infiniti tho), that actually bolt their dealer logo to your car. My friend has a Volvo C70, and I asked him why he didn't remove the dealer logo. He showed me that it was bolted on

Old 01-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kidtronix
Never check tire pressure after driving, only when the tires are cold (after sitting overnight). They might have been 34# and warmed up to 38# after the drive home. Furthermore, if they're not using a hand-held tire pressure guage and were going by their nozzle-end guage their reading was probably wayyyyy off anyway and might have read 34# and actually been 38#.

You never know. One way to tell if theyve checked is to tighten your metal valve caps down VERY tight when you drop off the car. If you get the car back and theyre not on as tight as you may have had them, chances are theyve checked your pressure.
Sorry I didn't make it clear, but I do appreciate your comments. I live less than 2 miles from the dealer, and I did wait about an hour and a half before I checked the tire pressure.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hehehe, the porters probably thought it was a new purchase since your car's so new.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Similar experience for me, except that I took my first servicing to a different Infiniti dealership than the one I bought it from (3 Infiniti dealerships in my town). I noticed it after a couple of weeks that they had switched the plate frames to theirs. Kinda thought that it was funny.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by スカイライン
Similar experience for me, except that I took my first servicing to a different Infiniti dealership than the one I bought it from (3 Infiniti dealerships in my town). I noticed it after a couple of weeks that they had switched the plate frames to theirs. Kinda thought that it was funny.
Off topic, but how did you get a Japanese username?? Man, if I knew I could use one, I would have been first to that "Skyline" username!

Old 01-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by GP20
What's more ridiculous? I got the service check-list sheet afterward. On the sheet the boxes for "check and correct tire pressure" were checked. And they wrote down 34psi for both front, and rear, and 34 psi for the spare tire.

For beginner, my car wasn't carrying the spare tire in the trunk. I checked the tire-pressure after I got home and it was still 38ps all around (I always keep it at 38psi and monitored it just a few days ago). One thing I know for sure is I won't pay the dealer to do the 15000-mile service or any scheduled service in the future.
The pressure differance could be explained by guage accuracy. I have 2 at work & 1 reads 3psi low. About once a month I check their accuracy by using a M or QX56 display & comparing the readings.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:05 AM
I tried to keep my dealer plate as long as possible. See when you get your car from Ray Catena, it makes a statement. It says " BIG DAWG"..."Up and Coming"...."Fast Track BABY"...."I'm Glad I'm Me...(and not U) ".

Yeah Infiniti is lowest line of cars they sell....they are also a Mercedes, Porsche,Rolls Royce, Bentley and Aston Martin dealer. One day I'll be shopping acouple show rooms down

Old 01-27-2006, 11:47 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GP20
The first thing I did after taking my new '05 coupe home 2 months ago was taking off the dealer plate frame.

This morning I took my coupe to the dealer to perform the 3750-mile oil change. When I got my coupe back 40 minutes later, I was surprised to see that not only did they wash my coupe (which I appreciate, since it's a lease so I don't mind them washing it for me), they actually took the time and put a new dealer plate frame on my car. How thoughtful.

I jokingly mentioned that the dealer would have to pay me $10 per month for the advertisement. And I just made them take it off on the spot.

Has this ever happened to any of you?
Yes.....They probably figured that someone forgot to put one on in the first place.
Now they know you don't want it, they won't do it again.
C.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:28 PM
I leased my car from a dealership about 20 miles away b/c I got a great deal. I drive about 10 miles to get the oil changed at another dealership. When they saw the other dealer plate covers they said they were going to take them off, break them in half, and replace them with theirs. I told them they could do whatever they wanted, they all look the same.

When I picked up the registration at the dealer when I first got the car I told them I wanted a front plate put on so I didnt get pulled over all the time for not having one (I live in OH). They acted like I was destroying the car and kept trying to talk me out of it.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:31 PM
since we are on the subject of servicing, I'm at 11,000 miles so I know I have to go in soon. The dealer i went to last time ripped me off ($205), so how much have you people been charged for the 11K service?

PS I agree with everyone that the dealers should give us buyers a discount if they are going to advertise on any of our cars.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by phishman
I leased my car from a dealership about 20 miles away b/c I got a great deal. I drive about 10 miles to get the oil changed at another dealership. When they saw the other dealer plate covers they said they were going to take them off, break them in half, and replace them with theirs. I told them they could do whatever they wanted, they all look the same.

When I picked up the registration at the dealer when I first got the car I told them I wanted a front plate put on so I didnt get pulled over all the time for not having one (I live in OH). They acted like I was destroying the car and kept trying to talk me out of it.
It happened to me as well. The salesman actually tried to talk me out of putting the front plate on as well! strange...

Old 01-28-2006, 10:23 PM
g-adabout, where are you at? I picked mine up at Infiniti of Dayton but live in Fairfield, near Cincinnati. The guys at the other place were just joking around, they left the cover on and said they were good guys up there. They also have a very friendly service department. Im paying about $35 for an oil change and free car wash (its always raining when i get my oil changed so I say forget about it). Is that about what you guys are paying? Im not sure what kind of oil it is, but im leasing so I really dont care about that or the car wash quality.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Maybe next time I'll debadge the "I N F I N I T I" and "G35" the next time I get a loaner from that dealer. :P

Old 01-30-2006, 02:12 PM
That exact same thing happened to me when i move from NJ to OH for a short period of time. I was kinda pissed because they didn't at least ask me first before they did it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back from service at the dealer; has this ever happened to you?