G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Back from service at the dealer; has this ever happened to you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from service at the dealer; has this ever happened to you?

The first thing I did after taking my new '05 coupe home 2 months ago was taking off the dealer plate frame.

This morning I took my coupe to the dealer to perform the 3750-mile oil change. When I got my coupe back 40 minutes later, I was surprised to see that not only did they wash my coupe (which I appreciate, since it's a lease so I don't mind them washing it for me), they actually took the time and put a new dealer plate frame on my car. How thoughtful.

I jokingly mentioned that the dealer would have to pay me $10 per month for the advertisement. And I just made them take it off on the spot.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Old 01-26-2006, 01:53 PM
lol that's some funny stuff...

hasn't happened to me cuz I still have my dealer plate frame. i havent had the chance to look for one.

Old 01-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Alumni****
the first thing i did when i came home when i bought my coupes was take off that dealer plate. it's not that i didn't want to advertise for them, i jus thought it looked ugly.

i am surprised that they went ahead and put on a new frame, but then again, i know bodyshops do the same thing when they repair cars. it's their form of advertisement, but i think if it were me, i wouldn't appreciate it. they're relying on those people who won't care and won't bother taking it off.

Old 01-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by liu621
the first thing i did when i came home when i bought my coupes was take off that dealer plate. it's not that i didn't want to advertise for them, i jus thought it looked ugly.

i am surprised that they went ahead and put on a new frame, but then again, i know bodyshops do the same thing when they repair cars. it's their form of advertisement, but i think if it were me, i wouldn't appreciate it. they're relying on those people who won't care and won't bother taking it off.
I certainly agree with you. I didn't appreciate that "at all" either. What's more ridiculous is their parts department is actually selling the same dealer plate frame, except it's in chrome, for about $35. If they wanted to use my car to advertise the dealer, they couldn't have at least put a chrome one instead of the black plastic one.

Old 01-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wouldnt let them wash my car....i always make sure to tell them no...if you ever watch them in the back they treat the cars like crap!

Old 01-26-2006, 02:24 PM
What's more ridiculous? I got the service check-list sheet afterward. On the sheet the boxes for "check and correct tire pressure" were checked. And they wrote down 34psi for both front, and rear, and 34 psi for the spare tire.

For beginner, my car wasn't carrying the spare tire in the trunk. I checked the tire-pressure after I got home and it was still 38ps all around (I always keep it at 38psi and monitored it just a few days ago). One thing I know for sure is I won't pay the dealer to do the 15000-mile service or any scheduled service in the future.

Old 01-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
i wouldnt let them wash my car....i always make sure to tell them no...if you ever watch them in the back they treat the cars like crap!
I'm sure they treat the cars like crap. There were already a ton of swirl marks when I bought my OB coupe, resulted from their "pre-sale prep/detail." I personally witnessed their employees cleaning the new cars in the parking lot with a rag without rinsing off the dirt/dust with water first, and using a circular motion to wipe the cars.

I never let the BMW dealer wash my Z4 either. But my G35 coupe is a lease so I can't help but not caring about it as much.

Last edited by GP20; 01-26-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^

Yea I never let the dealer wash my Bentley Continental.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At least they didn't drill your front bumper. I bought my car from another dealer that didn't drill holes on the front bumper. I heard somebody complain that they did the same. And took the car to the local dealer for service. When he got the car back, they had drilled the front bumper and installed a dealer plate, without asking.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:32 PM
WTF!! I would have been pissed man. Whenever I buy a car I tell them to take off the sticker that they put on the trunk and to remove the license plate frame. One time I bought a used card and they drilled holes into the front bumper to put a plate on there. I told them that they're going to have to fix it, which they did. I also tell them not to wash it. They put that tire dressing stuff that just gets everywhere.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Same $hit happened to me when I had a 300ZX at a Nissan dealership for some brake work...although it was a dealer EMBLEM that they adhered to the rear hatch lid. I didn't notice until I got to a fililng station - and then I BLEW UP. I was furious. WTF WERE THEY THINKING??? To this day I have no idea what was going thru their heads.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Originally Posted by GP20
I checked the tire-pressure after I got home and it was still 38ps all around...
Never check tire pressure after driving, only when the tires are cold (after sitting overnight). They might have been 34# and warmed up to 38# after the drive home. Furthermore, if they're not using a hand-held tire pressure guage and were going by their nozzle-end guage their reading was probably wayyyyy off anyway and might have read 34# and actually been 38#.

You never know. One way to tell if theyve checked is to tighten your metal valve caps down VERY tight when you drop off the car. If you get the car back and theyre not on as tight as you may have had them, chances are theyve checked your pressure.

Old 01-26-2006, 06:17 PM
they always wash ur car.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my came with swirls too.... i'm pretty sure they drove it through those drive thru rag washers.... now i gotta spend a whole day just to zaino the whole car to remove the swirls... i did the trunk just for experiment and it took a good 2 hours... but the outcome is swirl free wet looking trunk lid...i don't regret getting the car spoiler-less...easier to clean...

Old 01-26-2006, 07:55 PM
I use medium locktite on my valve stem caps and only buy the chromed brass ones. Can't stand the plastic ones. Locktite Keeps the little bandits from stealing them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back from service at the dealer; has this ever happened to you?