G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

WISH LIST FOR OUR BELOVE IT G-COUPE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 03:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WISH LIST FOR OUR BELOVE IT G-COUPE

1. MEMORY SEAT W/ POWER RECLINE AND AUTOMATIC RIGHT MIRROR TILT DOWN WHEN IN REVERSING LIKE THE CL-S AND 5 SERIES.

2. SIDE LATCH FOR EASIER REAR ACCESS, FASTER MOVING SEAT MOTOR LIKE THE ACURA CLS.

3. LARGER TRUNK.

4. LEFT & RIGHT REAR MIRROR WITH SIGNAL LIGHTS BUILT IN LIKE THE MERCEDES. ALSO HEATED REAR MIRROR WOULD BE NICE.

5. STANDARD ROUND PROJECTOR FOG LIGHTS BUILT-IN INTO THE AIR VENTS ON THE LOWER FRONT BUMPER.

6. GAS SHOCKS FOR THE FRONT HOOD, COME ON WE'RE PAYING TOP DOLLOR FOR THIS CAR.

THIS CHRISTMAS, I PROMISE TO BE GOOD !!!

Old 08-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: WISH LIST FOR OUR BELOVE IT G-COUPE

I'll definitely second the air shocks for the front hood. This a definite insult to all G owners to have to stick a rod under the hood to hold it up. What are we buying a 60's MG? This is an outrage!

Old 08-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its far from an outrage in fact i would much rather have the stich thing then the air shock lift thingys because if we had them they would have to make our hood stronger which would mean more weaght. We dont have them because our hood is aluminum so it would bend if we had them. Also it looks a lot more profesinal. The race cars have them why should'nt we.

But for my wish list i would say
-Turbos
-New internals so i can run 20 LBS of boost
-19s
-Injen Exuahst
-Nismo Headers
-Ijen Intake
-SAT radio

Hopfully i will compleat that list withen the next 2 year.
Then i think i should be able to take down every car in the state of Ohio

Old 08-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, I disagree with almost all of these.

1. Memory seats: okay if you want it as an option, but I'd have been pissed if I had to spend even more money on the leather package. I would never use memory seats. Who the hell would I let drive my car other than me?

1a. I am, however, in favor of anything that helps backing this car up. I've had mine 8 months and still have no idea where it begins and ends. I shudder at the thought of someone else doing it.

2. Yes, the rear access is way too slow. This is another example of adding "luxuries" like the motor moving the seat forward that are actually more inconvenient than sliding it yourself. Of course, if it we could slide it ourselves, someone would complain that it's not motorized. So we'd need a bigger and stronger motor that adds even more weight, power suckage, and cost to get that thing moving almost as fast as a quick little push could move it.

3. Larger trunk: I say no, unless they can do it without changing the styling. If you need space, put the rear seats down. It's cavernous. I can stretch my full length out back there. Easier access to the spare tire well would be nice though. I'd like to convert that to extra storage space, but you have to pull both entire mats out to get to it. What do I need a tire for, I've got Infiniti's 24-hour roadside assistance.

4. Signals in the side mirrors: big no to that. That's going to be one of those fads that look luxurious now, but which every Civic will have aftermarket parts for in the next couple years, at which point it will look very tacky, and you'll be looking for non-signalling aftermarket mirrors for your G.

5. Standard fog lights: don't like it. The stacked lights are the car's stongest styling cue, and I definitely don't need a second set of foglights sucking power. If someone else wants it as an option, okay, but Infiniti doesn't seem to like line item options and would probably package it with something inappropriate like cruise control and footwell lighting.

6. Hydraulics for the hood: god no. As one person said, you'd have to make the hood from heavier material. The boosters would add weight too. Plus you'd have to apply pressure to the hood from the top and smear your hands all over it to close it. My G is black, so I can't even breathe when I close my hood if I want it to stay clean. I prefer the luxury of gravity. Besides, the rod looks more serious. Boosters are for kiddie seats, not for guys who actually want to stick their heads in their engine compartment.

Here's my top 5 wishlist:

1. Stop packaging stupid items together. I want a limited slip differential, but not silver spraypaint on my dash. Why must I be punished for wanting LSD? I want underbody diffusers to lower drag. I do not want that packaged with a rear spoiler, which creates drag. I want leather seats, but not a sunroof. Thicker, higher seats and lower ceilings are not a good combination. And I want any audio system other than the Bose.

2. Flip the center console around for a left-side driver, and otherwise make it look less embarassing. A marginally scratch-resistant surface would help.

3. Reverse the manumatic setup, or at least install a switch that makes it an option. There's nothing like cruising along behind slow traffic in 4th gear, finding an opportunity to pass, and "downshifting" into 5th while stomping the throttle. Then having to pitifully pull back behind the same slow traffic as your car grunts and goes nowhere. 3rd gear being the primary, heat-of-the-moment downshift gear, a manumatic should downshift by pushing it upwards. And at a stoplight, your first shift is 1st to 2nd, so upshifts should be downwards. It's actually more intuitive that way than up-is-up and down-is-down.

3. There has to be a less filthy set of front brake pads out there that won't cause the braking performance to deteriorate too much.

4. A roof liner that matches the graphite interior.

5. Better CD changer. Actually, since it sounds like they're already addressing this...

5b. Dash lighting that's any color but orange.

All that said, I've already got my G, so it's a bit late for me. I'll have to wait until they add something more substantial before I trade-in, like twin turbos.

-Jack
Obsidian '03 G35 Sports Coupe
Titanium '03 MX-5 Shinsen #532

Old 08-17-2003, 08:53 PM

this is what i want:

1-supercharger or turbo
2-nos
3-full catback exhaust system
4-headers
5-CAI on the way
6-Impul body kit

lol this is alot

Old 08-17-2003, 08:55 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

6. Hydraulics for the hood: god no. As one person said, you'd have to make the hood from heavier material. The boosters would add weight too. Plus you'd have to apply pressure to the hood from the top and smear your hands all over it to close it. My G is black, so I can't even breathe when I close my hood if I want it to stay clean. I prefer the luxury of gravity. Besides, the rod looks more serious. Boosters are for kiddie seats, not for guys who actually want to stick their heads in their engine compartment.

<hr></blockquote>
You don’t need to reinforce the aluminum hood when using hydraulic rods, all you have to do is run full hydraulic rods the full length of the hood like they do in Saab 9-5’s to reduce stress on the hood. And hydraulic rods only add about 5-10 more Lbs. not a big deal.