G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

When will someone make a good leather shift knob for OEM replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb When will someone make a good leather shift **** for OEM replacement?

It looks like aluminum/steel/titanium shift ***** are all the rage these days. I used to have an aluminum Greddy shift **** on my previous car, and while it looked cool, it was certainly NOT an upgrade from stock. It was lighter than stock, so it was harder to throw into gear. It also got hot as hell during the day, and cold as ice at night. Basically, it wasn't a pleasant welcome to my hand at any time of the day.

When will a manufacturer make an OEM replacement **** that's made of quality leather? The stock shifter on the G leaves a lot to be desired. It feels cheap and is starting to wear out. I don't want to slap some funky looking multi-colored universal fit Momo shift **** on there, and deal with those setting pins to keep it in place. I don't want any kind of metal shift ****, either. I want a direct replacement screw on leather shifter. Anyone know of any on the market right now? If not, any of you manufacturers on this forum care to make one?

Old 01-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL! I feel your pain. I'd rather have the functional, OEM **** than some aftermarket metal **** that doesn't even offer enough contour to accomodate a good grip.

Consider finding the right weight and contour, and then spend the $25 for a swatch of good leather and glue it on (or let an upholstery shop glue it on). If the donor **** has a removable shift-gate indicator or decorative circle on top, you could tuck the leather under it and glue it in place. Remember, the stitch pattern on the OEM **** probably helps your grip on the leather as well. Something to consider if you can't find one to fit your tastes.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Well i was reading somewhere on the forum that you can buy the M45 shift *** and you can put it on the coupe. The M's *** looks a lot nicer IMO but I am not sure how much the dealership will charge for something like that.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can only find a very distant shot of the M's A/Tknob, so I'm not sure if it would do the job or not. Do they offer the M in a M/T?

Old 01-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Exclamation M45 shift ****

Originally Posted by Sumlime311
Well i was reading somewhere on the forum that you can buy the M45 shift *** and you can put it on the coupe. The M's *** looks a lot nicer IMO but I am not sure how much the dealership will charge for something like that.
Hmmm...now there's an idea! I found a pic of the M interior and the shift **** looks very nice. It's exactly what I want, except it's for an automatic tranny, so it might not be swappable. Where did you read about putting the M45 **** on the coupe?

Old 01-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by JoeyG35
Hmmm...now there's an idea! I found a pic of the M interior and the shift **** looks very nice. It's exactly what I want, except it's for an automatic tranny, so it might not be swappable. Where did you read about putting the M45 **** on the coupe?
Nevermind, I found the answer to my own question. It looks like people are swapping the M45 shift **** onto their automatic G's. I don't think this swap will work for the 6mt

Old 02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
I just got this one......340 grams, yes sir! It feels great, and shifts even better. That extra weight just feels great. It looks great in a Graphite interior car, like mine.

RAZO RA96. Its great.