G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

AT or 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: AT or 6MT

Hey Guys...Growler has to jump in: I have run auto's for 20 years and wanted to get back to manual. The coupe just seemed to me to provide a perfect opportunity for me to get back on the stick. As far as the comparison of whats quicker on the shift, auto or stick, it's up to you. Auto's shift quick, no coordination on the part of the driver is required. But, remember, the stick shift quickness is up to you and you alone. The "G" will do whatever you want it to do.

Old 08-21-2003, 04:24 PM

I'm very glad you have no respect for G35C AT drivers, because with your attitude, having your respect would mean as much as a turd on my windshield.

Respect begets respect, and I no longer respect you. There's no need to call AT "a joke" and "very boring". Maybe it's not "your style", but no need to go hating. There is still a lot of joy to be had in terms of steering, cornering, pure acceleration, and just having a nice, classy luxury automobile. Would you call the SL 55 AMG boring? Would you call the E55 AMG boring?

Anyways, have fun feeling higher and mightier because you have an MT... too bad it won't be able to shift your attitude.

-T

Old 08-21-2003, 04:30 PM

There was a thread brought up about a week ago about people in the RX8 forums fighting over which car is better cuz they have an MT or an AT.</p>

Here's the thread: <a href="https://g35driver.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=2&Number=86398&page=0&view =collapsed&sb=5&part=">Can't you feel the love</a></p>

Old 08-21-2003, 04:50 PM

I would have to agree.. Im not bashing anyone but just the idea of buying a sports car in automatic makes me sick.. But that is me personally.. Some people like it better, feel its smooth, or just plain old cant do the clutch shift thing and drive at the same time.. When I drive an auto I get soo bored I almost hate it.. The only way I would get a auto is either in a SUV or a PURE lux car, and that will be when Im about 60 and have authritus in my left foot. he he . So to argue about this is crazy cause everyone has there opinion.. I just love being in control of my gears and feeling the power in every gear whenever I want it!!

If you want the G as a sports car get stick
If you want the G as a lux car then auto is for u..

Old 08-21-2003, 04:59 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow - is this a hot topic!!!

I've had Mercedes and BMW's. The Mercedes automatic is the worst I've ever had. The BMW's are good, but honestly, the automatic in the G I like better. Unless you've driven all of these cars, you can't really comment.
By the way, the G with 5AT is still fun to drive too! And as far as the traffic excuse for not getting a stick, it is valid if you live in big cities like L.A. and N.Y. If you don't, you can't really comment.
By the way, the resale value on manuals on almost every car, including BMW's is lower, they are harder to sell - so it's possible this fate awaits 6MT owners.
This topic sure seems to create a lot of controrversy; but frankly people are taking it way to personally. The truth is, when you're driving down the street in your G, nobody except you knows or cares about what car you are driving, let alone what kind of transmission you have. So just get what makes you happy and calm down!!!!!!!!..

Old 08-21-2003, 05:04 PM

OMFG MrElusive...
if you like 6MT in your G good for you now shut the f*** up and leave other AT drivers alone... if you are saying that g35c should be made only MT then why in hell infiniti sells more AT coupe than 6MT?? I think it means majority people want AT rather than MT.. for those people like MT thank god infiniti offers MT for you guys... and no one is pushing people to buy AT... if they did i wanna see the post... it's simple as this... respect all the G35CS drivers... if that's too hard for you then i feel sorry for you cuz you got a very intelligent PIG BRAIN!!!.. i'm guessing your IQ is around 15?? OMG how high is that...

Old 08-21-2003, 05:50 PM

I always thought manuals were faster just do the driveline loss with an auto tranny. Usually a 20% loss with an Auto and only a 15% loss with a Manual.

Hence, 5% more rear wheel horsepower available with a manual.

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded

Old 08-21-2003, 06:32 PM

hey Mr.******. will u fluckin stop ,
who cares if u have a 6mt ,i do too but i don't go and brag all about it.
people who bought an auto G is their choice not ur's ******. u indian or pakistani peace of [censored]
I live in north NJ and I'd like to beat ur ******y a$$ biotch

oh and by the way . yes people im racist
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 08/21/03 04:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AT or 6MT