G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

AT or 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: AT or 6MT

The only mistake that was made, was the two guys that drove 6MT and got their *** handed to them by a 5AT. Just one mistake and we are gone. I have personally drove manual transmissions my whole life but now I own a Auto and I love it. By the way driving stick is not that hard!!!

Old 08-21-2003, 09:15 PM

I think its cause deep down inside they realy wanted a manual and realize they made a mistake hehe J/K.. But this is true why so personal about these opinions.. And that cal guy needs to nevermind im not even going to start with him since im better then that.. The autos are a lil slower then the manuals like umm .1 or .2 thats about it..

Might I add this is a friendly forum and im going to stick up for MR cause he does not deserve what he got. He stated his opinion about something like we all do on here and you guys call him a "fagget" WTF I agree we need to keep this friendly but we still need these good debates..

Old 08-21-2003, 09:26 PM

peace bro
and sorry for the racist stuff .i just wanted to get a cut at u

Old 08-21-2003, 09:27 PM

for those few people said that why AT drivers take this so seriously and personal? it's bcuz few MT people look down the AT drivers period how simple is that? think about it for second... if AT drivers look down MT drivers and call them " ahahaha u driver freakin MT hahaha how busy r u? did you miss a gear yet? any engine stall yet?" will you be happy when you hear something like this?? i'm sick and tired of those few MT drivers who don't know how to respect a car properly... let me ask a question.. do you think your
car WITH ALMIGHTY 6SPD > everyone else's car??
let me tell you i don't think so...
P.S i'm done for with this topic and let's chill now everyone... looks like ppl are calm down finally..

Old 08-21-2003, 10:18 PM

Hi all! I am actually not a G35 owner, but a fan of the car.

I recently got into an accident where a truck smashed into my BMW coupe and it was totaled. I am now looking around for options. My wife is begging me to get an automatic so she can drive, but sorry to say I will not get an automatic. The reason...I personally think manuals are a joy to drive. I've commuted in traffic for years and never had a problem with driving a manual. I feel more in control with a MT.

Today I drove the g35 AT coupe, and personally I was not impressed. Its a beautiful car, it handles well, its very comfortable...but I couldnt see myself having fun driving the AT version of the g35 (this is a personal preference issue). I'm sure the car is fun for others.

If you are an AT driver who has never driven a manual on a regular basis then you should not be posting on this topic.
Do I respect AT drivers? Only the ones who know how to drive a MT. But i also respect that people have other opinions and preferences.

Old 08-21-2003, 10:33 PM

MrElusive well sumed up...
g35 is sport luxury car not pure sports car.. you got the point there... now let's get along with each other shall we??

Old 08-22-2003, 12:40 AM

Klez, wtf if your problem man. I'm Indian and am none of the things you said...wanting to take a cut at someone is no excuse for being a complete and utter a**hole. If you want to steretype and generalize people based on their race why don't you do everyone a favor and F*ck off.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:14 AM

I have to agree with uheenada. It's in my opinion that the premise of the G as with all Infiniti cars is luxury. Given, it has the same engine as the Nissan Z and built on the same platform but with the luxury tag of Infiniti. I believe that the Z is more of a sports car than the G. If check out the Z you'll notice a few things

1) Under engine specifications, it has 287hp where as the Gc has only 280

2) The Z is a couple hundred pounds lighter than the G with a tighter suspension (from what I hear from Z drivers)

3) In each trim for the Z, a MT is standard and the AT is very limited to only a couple of the trims of the Z. Whereas, there's two trims that come with AT, and one with MT for the Gc. Not really a big stretch there.

Finally) If you go to cars.com, you will see that they placed the Z in the "sports cars" section and the G in the "compact passenger vehicle" section.

For all of you MT G drivers who are bashing on the AT G drivers saying that "you're taking the sportiness away from the ride" may want to rethink what type of ride the Gc really is. To some it may be a great sports car, to others it may be a great car to just drive around in. To AT G drivers who have never had an MT car bashing MT G drivers saying "why should I bother with an MT in traffic" you shouldn't be judging. People know what they like to drive and they know how they like to drive. To ask which is better, AT or MT, well that's like debating political parties or religion (just can't be won)! If anyone should be bashed it's those god damn ricers with their body kits, their paint jobs, their fart machine mufflers, their big *** spoilers that make it look appealing to a sperm whale to hump...and their...lol j/k! So let's stop this civil war and enjoy your rides! The G is a beautiful machine in any transmission.

Old 08-22-2003, 12:07 PM

All I know is that when I see a nice G35 coupe with the 18" wheels driving down the road, and then notice that it has Brembos, it puts a smile on my face.

If the Brembos aren't there, I think to myself, "Damn, that's too bad"

I just wish more people were true enthusiasts.

When I got my 3rd M3, I chose the SMG gearbox. Big mistake. Both of my prior M3s were manual trans and I won't make the mistake of buying a sporty car again without 3 pedals.

Live and learn

Old 08-22-2003, 12:40 PM

Hitman,

Not get in a heated discussion with you...but...are you saying that true enthusiasts are those that drive MT?

"Son, I was the greatest war hero that ever lived during the second world war! Yeah, I stayed here and bought bonds!"

Old 08-22-2003, 12:52 PM

This thread, finally coming back to it's senses after spinning wildly out of control, boils down to one simple idea:

Where cars (and most other things) are concerned, each person is entitled to enjoy THEIR OWN preferences, and that's ALWAYS OK. PERIOD. Aguing about someone else's choice of transmission makes about as much sense as arguing over flavors of ice cream.

The only absolutely "right or wrong" issues are the obvious things like:

Wrong = murder, robbery, child abuse etc...
Right = Love, forgiveness, charity, kindness etc...

Otherwise, it's all up to whoever's playing. I greatly prefer an M/T in my G35C, just like MrE, so for us, the choice is "right" and a no-brainer. Our reality where sporty cars is concerned only exists within the context of a manual gearbox. For others, the A/T was the right choice, the best choice, and the one that will give them the most enjoyment out of the car. How can anyone argue with that?

To characterize an A/T G35C as "boring" for EVERYONE who owns one is just plain foolish, with all due respect to my friend MrE (who has apologized). It does a disservice to the right of EVERYONE to choose the gearbox they want, or, for that matter, to buy a big american luxo-boat-mobile that can't out-corner a shopping cart if that's what makes them happy. A very good friend of mine happens to drive a big boat-like Caddy and loves the hell out of it. He's a great guy too, and not in the least bit a softie (trust me - this guy and I race sailboats together in all weather conditions this side of a hurricane). I say let the man have his marshmallow luxo-barge if that's what puts the biggest smile on his face. Different strokes...

Acceptance vs intolerance is a major issue in human society in general, and has a huge amount to do with what's going wrong in the world at the present time. We don't need to add to that fire amongst ourselves in what's otherwise supposed to be as fun a place as this.

End of sermon...

Old 08-22-2003, 02:29 PM

most european drivers drive a stick because they dont have heavy boat-like cars like we do in the US. Most of their cars are very quick on their feet, and feel pinned down to the road through curves...when u get picked up from the airport, the cab drivers drive their cars like they are all s2000s (or if u dont like that car, very good handling cars)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AT or 6MT