G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Has anyone noticed any problems with the 06 MT Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 03:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone noticed any problems with the 06 MT Coupe?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has notice anything wrong with their new 06 6mt... They did change a few things on the car, I had mine for like 3 months but it is crappy winter up here in Canada and my stock rubber can't grip worth **** and I live on a hill... First time I took it out during winter, the weather network said it was a sunny day all day and clear all night with no snow, so me n the guys took it out to a bar and chilled, when I came out at 3am, to my horror there was snow all over... Not much maybe like 2 or 3 inches but still... it was coming down... Made it back in town okay which was a 30min drive but i drove really slow... got to my street n tried to go home but nope... stuck on the hill LOL had to call the guys n get em to help me push it up... Anyways i got a lil bit off topic but it was a bad expierence... I think the 06 headlights aren't as bright... They start off hella blue but then after a few seconds fade to a softer colour n not as intense... Is it just me?

Old 02-14-2006, 04:01 AM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The only think that I dislike is the cup holders.. horrible ergonomics. Should have left the same one as in the 06 AT.
Other dislike.. the radio doesnt display MP3 Info. I havent noticed the dim headlights, mine are pretty bright and I get lots of comments on them.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by Real_G
The only think that I dislike is the cup holders.. horrible ergonomics. Should have left the same one as in the 06 AT.
Other dislike.. the radio doesnt display MP3 Info. I havent noticed the dim headlights, mine are pretty bright and I get lots of comments on them.
I Haven't really seen the 06AT cup holders so i wouldn't know... but yea I've only used reg cd's for it but for the name of the song, it doesn't show the whole name, like i know there's not enought room but it should just move to the left like my old mp3 deck i had for my TL... n yea my headlights have been commented on to be bright it's just that when i first turn them on, their really blue, then they fade... i wish they could stay as blue as they start off...
Thanx for replyin that quick tho haha my first thread been a member for a few months just don't post much... Mine's an Ivory Pearl too... 15% tint all around rebadged and clear corners for now... Can't wait till summer

Old 02-14-2006, 04:34 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hold down the display button to see.. File Name, Title, Artist, Folder Name, CD Name, Or just track #. Tap Display and it'll scroll (stupid but yeah. wish they made it like the lexus).

The lights fade because they're projectors (HIDs will do the same thing). if you want it that blue all the time simply upgrade bulbs to 8,000k.. that should do it for you. The stock lights look yellow to you cause they actually work.. try the stock head lights in fog or rain then try it again with 8,000k bulbs.. big difference IMO.. fog lights actually help too

Old 02-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
The lights fade because they're projectors (HIDs will do the same thing). if you want it that blue all the time simply upgrade bulbs to 8,000k.. that should do it for you. The stock lights look yellow to you cause they actually work.. try the stock head lights in fog or rain then try it again with 8,000k bulbs.. big difference IMO.. fog lights actually help too
Wrong! The lights don't "fade because they're projectors", they change color after a couple of seconds because that's what happens when HIDs warm up! The projectors on the 06s are HIDs! If you want the brightest output out of the headlights then stick with the OEM 4100k bulbs. The stock bulbs put out the most lumens (the actual brightness) and by putting in 8000k bulbs the output will actually diminish. There are not nearly as many lumens in an 8000k bulb as a 4100k. The 8000k bulb is mearly an asthetic upgrade and certainly not a functional one. The factory HID initially looks yellow, but after you log more and more hours on the bulbs they will actually look more blue. This phenonmen is called "color shift", The light color on an HID bulb is an average that it will maintain over 2000-3000 hours. After passing around 100-500 hours the "color shift" will take place. Color will change slightly from a yellowish tone to a crisper bluer tone.

Please don't post if you don't know what you're talking about! Facts outweigh opinions!

Old 02-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Nicely Done Slick

Well put Slick, I was going to reply with actually that. Most people have no idea what HID/Xenon is and how it gets bright. They all think it was to do with the K rating--which is a joke.

Projectors (on the '06) offer better "control" of the glare that all light puts out and also allows car companies to add the BI-XENON feature as well. No projectors no bi-xenon.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Thanks Guys! That was bothering me for awhile, this commuinity is so helpful I love it, Anybody in the Ontario Cambridge/Kitchener Area?

Oh n I'm not bragging about this, just simply sharing my scary situation I was in a few days ago, so it's winter and I miss driving my baby sooo much exspecially since I just got it in Oct. so I didn't get much of a chance to drive during the snow... but there has been a few days this winter that were warm enough and more importantly dry enough for me to take her out for a spin... Well 1 Wednsday night around 3am I just left this girls house after fighting with her so I wasn't in a good mood... I went to some mall n plaza parking lots which were big enought for me to practise doing some dounuts in... well I'd spend like maybe 5 - 10mins at each parking lot then left because too much of a smoke cloud and didn't want to cause too much heat... after like 5 parking lots, I was at the 1 closest to my house, a Crappy Tire lot n i was doing dounuts whatever getting some frustration out and as I faced the street, I saw this white crown vic unmarked signal into the lot... I finished my 360 n as soon as I was facing away, I punched it... the sirens went on and my heart apparently hit Nos cuz I ain't gettin caught for this, it's 3am I wasn't causing too much of a disturbance... it was a really big parking lot but by the time he got in i was near the exit, made a right, nobody around so I drove kind fast.. took the 3rd right and then another left, I saw this garage open and had no idea who's house it was but I drove in the garage... cut the lights n engine and just sat there for about a minute.. all of a sudden the cruiser flies by I waited a few more seconds then backed out n went home... I know pretty irresponsible n dumb of me but please understand I worked my *** off to get this car, went to buy it in the summer but they didn't have any white 6mt's left and the sales guy told me 06's coming late Oct. so i had to wait all summer then when it came, I barely had any time to enjoy it cause of snow so I was really tempted and on top of that Just got into a fight wit da lady... Thank god I got away... anybody else have stories like that they'd like to share?

Old 02-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Just a few things.

1) Have a few interior rattles coming from the passenger's side door handle and trim. Working with dealer to fix.

2) Slight clutch shake when I have my foot resting on it, can feel the vibration a bit. Not sure if anyone has experience this or not.

3) Getting about 340 miles per tank. Spending about $40 on premium. But these are extras.

I actually like the stock Bose system and Navigation system. For the Navigation, it's a very nice improvement over previous years and has quite a few features to brag about being stock. Bluetooth is great too.

Last edited by Hitman_; 02-14-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Mod Junky!
1) Rattle after the first day in the rear speaker

2) Slight knock or shake on clutch pedal when in neutral

Aside form that I love the minor tweaks they did for 06

Old 02-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Seems like the shifter isn't that smooth from 1st - 3rd... after that it's good tho... oh n it shakes like crazyyyyyy when the vdc is off n i'm launchin at 3000.
Yea the bluetooth is just great... makes everything so much easier... I didn't have enough cash to cough out for the navi but it woulda been sick... I was 20 when I bought my G wit my own money, most of the guys my age can't say the same tho so I'm happy

Last edited by JDMVQ; 02-14-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Hitman_
Just a few things.

1) Have a few interior rattles coming from the passenger's side door handle and trim. Working with dealer to fix.

2) Slight clutch shake when I have my foot resting on it, can feel the vibration a bit. Not sure if anyone has experience this or not.

3) Getting about 340 miles per tank. Spending about $40 on premium. But these are extras.

I actually like the stock Bose system and Navigation system. For the Navigation, it's a very nice improvement over previous years and has quite a few features to brag about being stock. Bluetooth is great too.
340 miles per tank? That's on a '06 6MT? That seems great!

Old 02-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Mod Junky!
I am averaging 18.1 mpg

Old 02-14-2006, 05:23 PM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Bluetooth is indeed awesome.. it works great with my motorola Razr V3.

Im getting about 22.5 on gas mileage thus far.

Pretty frosty this morning.. defroster works great!

Dont like the Mp3 labels.. is there a way to make it scroll the names with having to hit the dang button?

Old 02-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hitman_
Thats quite good. I only get about 270 miles on mine Thats a 50/50 with highway and street. I also try to drive like pansy shifing at 3-3500 rpms.
I drive an 05 MT btw.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMVQ
Thanks Guys! That was bothering me for awhile, this commuinity is so helpful I love it, Anybody in the Ontario Cambridge/Kitchener Area?

Oh n I'm not bragging about this, just simply sharing my scary situation I was in a few days ago, so it's winter and I miss driving my baby sooo much exspecially since I just got it in Oct. so I didn't get much of a chance to drive during the snow... but there has been a few days this winter that were warm enough and more importantly dry enough for me to take her out for a spin... Well 1 Wednsday night around 3am I just left this girls house after fighting with her so I wasn't in a good mood... I went to some mall n plaza parking lots which were big enought for me to practise doing some dounuts in... well I'd spend like maybe 5 - 10mins at each parking lot then left because too much of a smoke cloud and didn't want to cause too much heat... after like 5 parking lots, I was at the 1 closest to my house, a Crappy Tire lot n i was doing dounuts whatever getting some frustration out and as I faced the street, I saw this white crown vic unmarked signal into the lot... I finished my 360 n as soon as I was facing away, I punched it... the sirens went on and my heart apparently hit Nos cuz I ain't gettin caught for this, it's 3am I wasn't causing too much of a disturbance... it was a really big parking lot but by the time he got in i was near the exit, made a right, nobody around so I drove kind fast.. took the 3rd right and then another left, I saw this garage open and had no idea who's house it was but I drove in the garage... cut the lights n engine and just sat there for about a minute.. all of a sudden the cruiser flies by I waited a few more seconds then backed out n went home... I know pretty irresponsible n dumb of me but please understand I worked my *** off to get this car, went to buy it in the summer but they didn't have any white 6mt's left and the sales guy told me 06's coming late Oct. so i had to wait all summer then when it came, I barely had any time to enjoy it cause of snow so I was really tempted and on top of that Just got into a fight wit da lady... Thank god I got away... anybody else have stories like that they'd like to share?
Let me get this straight...

you worked real hard to get the car of your dreams, drive it recklessly, run away from the police in a residential neighborhood and traspass private property driving into a stranger's garage, which by the way is "Break and Enter" and got away from an experienced driving police officer???

How did the movie end?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone noticed any problems with the 06 MT Coupe?