G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is it me or.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:25 PM
|
Is it me or.

Is it me or everywhere I go, people want to race? Every stop light, every maneuver on the highway someone wants to come and top me for some reason. My insurance just came down when I brought my “G” (97 mustang to a 03 G35 coupe); I'm not interested in a another ticket to bring it back up.....
Is it me or is the "G" just a car everyone wants to race?

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:44 PM
I find that it seems like people want to race me often, but don't seem to expect the car to actually be as fast as it is.....I get a lot of suprised looks and thumbs up when I drive it hard.

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by brikkman
Is it me or everywhere I go, people want to race? Every stop light, every maneuver on the highway someone wants to come and top me for some reason. My insurance just came down when I brought my “G” (97 mustang to a 03 G35 coupe); I'm not interested in a another ticket to bring it back up.....
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I've had everyone from civics, to turbo beetles, to evos and supras doing that to me. (Though the guy with the supra was my boss )

Especially the ones that have appearance mods, and the traditional tuner cars. I had an Wrx/Sti dog me on the freeway yesterday on the way home from Krispy Kreme. Kept speeding up/slowing down next to me, pulled in behind me and rode my bumper, etc. The freaky thing about that, is I know the local PD has a fixed up STi they use to nab people, I saw one pull somebody over a while ago. It was kinda dark, so I couldn't tell if it was a cop trying to bait me, or just some random guy doing the same. I got sick of him tailgating me so I picked up the pace from 70 to 80 (60 zone), but he persisted.

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:52 PM
|
I have yet to give anyone of them a taste, I just refuse to get a ticket. When I first got my "G", it took me two weeks to get the speed deman out me and chill when I drive. I still have people trying to get at me for some reason. I take off when I'm on the highway just to let them know this car isn't a push over, but I back down immediately after the curve.
I've had old as buicks try me........

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:57 PM
Yeah, I mainly like driving fast on the on-ramps, corners and whatnot....straight shots are no fun and don't take much skill, i like to get on it in the corners, its much more of a rush. It is weird how many people kinda stare me down at lights, like they want to race, its hard to tell if they are just checking out the car or want a piece of me. I think part of it is that I look really young and I am driving a sick ride

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:16 PM
|
I like curves as well and you seem to get more pull. I kill the on ramps and off ramps as well, that's were the most fun. I did a fish tail on drive payment the other (VDC-OFF of course) and took off. This expedition tried me then as I approached it. I may have motivated the situation that given time, but I swear, usually I'm chilling. The funny thing is, in my mind, I want to haul-azz everywhere I go, lol

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:29 PM
AHHH!!!! it happened to me last night!! I'm driving, minding my own business comming home from a nice valentine's day dinner and all these little rice rockets roll up next to me. I'm not looking for a race nor am I looking to get a ticket either (especially after having a couple of drinks)! Oh well, what can I say, everyone wants to put a check mark next to G35s on their "list of kills".

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:44 PM
|
Originally Posted by Shiftlock82
AHHH!!!! it happened to me last night!! I'm driving, minding my own business comming home from a nice valentine's day dinner and all these little rice rockets roll up next to me. I'm not looking for a race nor am I looking to get a ticket either (especially after having a couple of drinks)! Oh well, what can I say, everyone wants to put a check mark next to G35s on their "list of kills".
lol at rice rockets, lol

Old 02-15-2006 | 08:01 PM
THE BATMOBILE
happends all the time.....mainly ricers

Old 02-15-2006 | 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by brikkman
Should have gotten a sedan They don't look as fast, but....

Old 02-15-2006 | 08:44 PM
people try and I dont care....Most of the time the cars are ugly and have half painted body kits... G35 Coupes are just plain P.I.M.P...

Old 02-15-2006 | 11:30 PM
I used to have an 05 AT Diamond Graphite coupe and when i had it, no one wanted to race me. But when i got my 05 6mt Black obsidian, Evos, sti's, m3's, s4's, and crappy ricers always dawg me. Why is it that people want to race me now? I think its because on a hill i feather my clutch to stay in place and let the clutch go sometimes because its a long light, making me go back. THey think im racing? ill never know. =(

Old 02-16-2006 | 12:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
think of it this way.. G35s were suppose to be the "US Skyline" its like us comming across a M3 at a light and we're stock.. just want to see where we stand against someone faster..

Old 02-16-2006 | 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by bigkrnxboi
I used to have an 05 AT Diamond Graphite coupe and when i had it, no one wanted to race me. But when i got my 05 6mt Black obsidian, Evos, sti's, m3's, s4's, and crappy ricers always dawg me. Why is it that people want to race me now? I think its because on a hill i feather my clutch to stay in place and let the clutch go sometimes because its a long light, making me go back. THey think im racing? ill never know. =(
your clutch isn't going to like you farther down the road.... feathering the clutch is going to make it die before its time.

Old 02-16-2006 | 03:31 AM
Originally Posted by bigkrnxboi
ill never know. =(
Don't think about it too hard

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it me or.