G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Muscle Car or Rice Burner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muscle Car or Rice Burner

I really hope this car turns out to be considered as a muscle car over a rice burner. For anyone who has heard the car run, it sounds throaty and muscly, and I know thats the sound I am looking for. I just really hope people don't start ricing these cars out, it just makes a nice car like an Infiniti look chinsy and cheap. I think if you really want to "pimp" out the G35, you should consider doing it to a car with less class.

I am also not a big fan of big "bling bling" chrome wheels on the G, I think the 7 Spoke 18's look great and should stay!

Just my opinions, and curious as to what everyone else thinks. Thanks!

-Johnny C-
Laser Red / Willow
6MT / Aero / Loaded w/o Navi

Old 01-03-2003, 12:09 PM
Re: Muscle Car or Rice Burner

I think you would be too worried about the image. This car's performance and looks speak for itself. You would have to do quite a bit to the car consider it "ricey". And remember some "ricey" cars are more muscular than muscle cars (in terms of being fast).

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 01-03-2003, 12:28 PM

Im on the same boat as far as pimping the car out. The highly skilled and HIGHLY paid and Highly Educated engineers did a lot of work to get the design right. I don’t think some fool, with a few extra $'s could really improve the look to where it stands out even more. I have the 18-inch rims and I am very satisfied with them however I have seen some great aftermarket ones as well as some GOD awful ones.

My opinion. If anyone cares!

Old 01-03-2003, 05:06 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

i agree man, maybe someone should try and get their stock 18's dipped in chrome, see how it would look, it might be worth the investment instead of buying custom wheels

Old 01-03-2003, 05:38 PM

I couldn't agree with JCrew more. Leave the pimping to the Honda civics and all the other pieces of ...

There's no better beauty than that of a true engineers creation, which is the G35 coupe. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2003, 06:12 PM

I agree with everyone as well. However, I also think that 'pimping' one's car is what makes this country so great....freedom to do whatever one wants to do with his/her money. Pimped up Civics, Accords, Impala low riders, etc may not be my taste, but I still smile/laugh at the variety of style(or lack thereof) of the 4-wheeled conveyances I see when I am out driving. Individual money, individual taste.....

Just my opinion of course.

Old 01-03-2003, 06:19 PM

If yur ever going to mod your G, dont plaster it with stickers or such.

WOW! You get 10 more hp for every sticker!

That's what some kids thin these days.

Keep the car clean. If anything i would change the engine chip (ECU), but no cheesy sounding mufflers, and for heaven's sake, NO STICKERS.

Old 01-03-2003, 07:01 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah, no stickers? maybe just 1 (under the hood next to the battery) PAXTON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Is that more than 10 HP?

Gsedanman-Garnet Fire Sedan ('till Jan)

Old 01-03-2003, 09:04 PM

gsedanman (soon to be gcoupeman, eh?), no go on the paxton sticker, they only add horsepower if you can see them outside the car!! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
'03 Emerald Mist
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 01-03-2003, 10:14 PM

Take it past ghetto and straight to trailer with one of those NASCAR car number stickers. :-)

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons

Old 01-05-2003, 12:04 PM

Modifying cars is an American tradition. When I was a kid (in the 70's) we jacked cars up and put mags and oversized tires on the back and made ungodly hp with blowers for cars that would not turn or stop. The older generation was pissed at us and I have resolved not to become one of those old folks.

It's all a reflection of the tastes of the owner. If I see a G35 (coupe or sedan) lowered and underlit with stickers will I be happy? I seriously doubt it, but I don't think it will hurt the value of the marque as a whole unless it becomes a fad in which case a big hole in the desert and a fleet of flatbed truck ought to take care of the problem! j/k

Some folks may not approve of my plans to go with a tt or s/c upgrade when Nissan has blessed the rumored Nismo project. If the price is right I will go ahead with it. The addiction to making mods is very tough to kick!

Old 01-05-2003, 12:43 PM

coming out from the import scene with a fixed up civic, full interior, custome paint, full fiber glass panels, duals on a 4 banger, I know what your getting at. It hurt to sell the car, but I needed to get rid of the Honda rice image.

No stickers, neons or any APC products will touch this car. I do have to touch the suspension. The stock G35c suspension is just a tad too soft and has some body roll. So I do have to lower the car a little and close the gaps. The car is a little to high. It's not going to be a street marker scraper, but just lowered for performance wise. You understand that right?

The rest of the car is going to be pure sleeper. TT is a great idea. With the Infiniti badge it makes us less conspicuous. Can't wait till i start reading about upgraded TT g35's

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 01-09-2003, 07:27 AM

Here you go, check out my coupe with stock chrome!
It looks the best with black exterior!

G35c/6mt/aero/navi

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by wonderinla on 01/09/03 04:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-09-2003, 09:18 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I agree with everyone as well. However, I also think that 'pimping' one's car is what makes this country so great....freedom to do whatever one wants to do with his/her money. Pimped up Civics, Accords, Impala low riders, etc may not be my taste, but I still smile/laugh at the variety of style(or lack thereof) of the 4-wheeled conveyances I see when I am out driving. Individual money, individual taste.....

<hr></blockquote> 100 % correct. You wanna' know what makes even a G35 driver envious? Seeing another G35 that has been "customized" in some way! Or course, you have to be tasteful, and not plain silly. I've had 2 G35 drivers pull up next to me at a stoplight and ask me where I got my wheels, how much, etc. I went back to the dealer to find some rubber floor mats, and the salesman said that they've had customers come in and say that they saw a white G with "really nice wheels", and that's what made them notice, and want, a G35! I would never put a spoiler or clear marker lights on my car, but I'll most likely put a wood grain kit in to compliment the factory wood. The point is you make your car your car, so that it reflects your good (hopefully) taste. Lets try to keep and open mind and not be judgemental guys!

Ivory Pearl/Premium/Xenon/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Muscle Car or Rice Burner