G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My tire wear pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clinty
Is the wear on the front tires on the outside or inside edge?
Inside edge (towrads inside of the car).

Old 03-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
That's not too bad at all for wear on these cars. Most peoples tires look a lot worse on a G35 or 350Z at far less miles than 29K.

We have aggressive OEM allignment specs, which cause the tires to cup on the inside edge like that. This is one of the biggest things that G/Z owners complain about, aside from the paint quality(or lack thereof).

Real Japanese R3# Skylines have the same "Issue" if you call it that.. but it's really setup that way on purpose.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread but what tires are you guys rolling with? I need to swap my REO50 Potenza's out soon (18k) and want a quieter tire that is just as/nearly as, sticky.

Can you guys recommend? Searches just reveal a bunch of different tire options. If a couple of you give the same tire as being quieter than the stock REO50 bridgestones, I will go with that suggestion.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by whyjay91
Not trying to hijack this thread but what tires are you guys rolling with? I need to swap my REO50 Potenza's out soon (18k) and want a quieter tire that is just as/nearly as, sticky.

Can you guys recommend? Searches just reveal a bunch of different tire options. If a couple of you give the same tire as being quieter than the stock REO50 bridgestones, I will go with that suggestion.
I did a bunch of research before I ordered my tires, and the consensus seems to be that the Dunlop Sport Maxx is the tire to have right now. You can check them out at http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=SP+Sport+Maxx

I should have them within a week, and I should be able to report back soon.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Same Problem

I'm also having the same problem with my 03' coupe! I posted a thread yesterday, on alignment question? With my alignment specs. Another member replied that my alingnment was within specs. I don't know about the rest of you but with Z rated S03 costing about $275 pop and they only last about 8-10k with tire feathering and the noise! So is there a way to correct this problem? I'm willing to sacrifice a lil' handling for some decent tire wear! Can this problem of inside tire cupping and or feathering be corrected and compestated with a little more postive camber, with adj. upper control arms?

I'm sure someone out there has come up with a solution for this problem!

Old 03-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sam Siador
I'm also having the same problem with my 03' coupe! I posted a thread yesterday, on alignment question? With my alignment specs. Another member replied that my alingnment was within specs. I don't know about the rest of you but with Z rated S03 costing about $275 pop and they only last about 8-10k with tire feathering and the noise! So is there a way to correct this problem? I'm willing to sacrifice a lil' handling for some decent tire wear! Can this problem of inside tire cupping and or feathering be corrected and compestated with a little more postive camber, with adj. upper control arms?

I'm sure someone out there has come up with a solution for this problem!
Try front camber arms, kinetix, stillen, performance nissan, 350evo to name a few. Also make sure your toe is set right. Toe is a big killer of tires.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Supposedly this is only a permanant pain-in-the-aZZ for the '03 and '04 Coupes. If I remember correctly, the 2005+ Coupes have a fully adjustable allignment Caster, Camber and Toe.

As G35PM said, you can buy aftermarket front components to give you the ability to get a more desireable allignment and reduce the tire cupping problem. It may actually be more cost efficient to do that in the long-run if you can get an extra 10-15K of life out of a set of front tires(Assuming you keep your car for a decent amount of time, that is).

Old 03-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Tire

[QUOTE=Sam Siador] I'm also having the same problem with my 03' coupe! I posted a thread yesterday, on alignment question? With my alignment specs. Another member replied that my alingnment was within specs. I don't know about the rest of you but with Z rated S03 costing about $275 pop and they only last about 8-10k with tire feathering and the noise! So is there a way to correct this problem? I'm willing to sacrifice a lil' handling for some decent tire wear! Can this problem of inside tire cupping and or feathering be corrected and compestated with a little more postive camber, with adj. upper control arms?

I'm going to try the Avon Tech 550 A/S. Plenty of good reviews, I just hope it isn't as mushy as I'm afraid of. But then again, it may be worth the sacrifice...

Old 03-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I have never had any issue with the front tires on my 17s. However I am on my 3rd set of rears due to excessive middle tread wear. The dealer has paid for all the tires including this set which they got for me from Tirerack.....Avon 550 A/S. I only have 1,000 miles on them so it is too early to tell how they are wearing, however as I have mentioned, no problems with any of my front tires with feathering or cupping. I believe this has been a common problem with the 18s and the Pilots.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow your fronts still seem like they h ad some life on them

Old 03-21-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm going with BF-Goodrich KDW2 tires after my Michelin PS's wear out. I'm at 20k and still have about 30-40% left. I auto-x my car frequently as well.

Btw, a good budget replacement tire is Goodyear F1-G3 (not sure if this is the right model), do a search.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
You should look at the tires on my car. From the inside of the tire to the middle they are slicks, and then they have a little tread from the middle on out.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by papagz
wow your fronts still seem like they h ad some life on them
Maybe. But replacing just the rears with the same Michelins would cost more than a cheaper and less performing but longer life tread full set of tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My tire wear pictures