G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fuel Hose Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Hose Recall

I am moving to North Carolina (from Pennsylvania) for work and was about to do one of my weekend commutes between the two (my wife lives in PA still). I pull out onto the highway with my windows down and it starts getting a bit windy. So I go to put the windows up and the passenger window goes up a few inches, then down a few, up an inch or so and then all the way down. WTF?? So I try to put it back up and the thing won't move. Long story short, I had to turn around and get my other car, 1995 Acura Integra GSR, and use that for the trip. Bummer.

My wife took the car over this morning to get serviced, and it had a bad regulator. Is this a common thing that has happened to anybody else? but while the car is there, they fixed a rattle in the right rear side window finisher and a recall for fuel hoses. You guys might want to check that one out, some earlier models develope cracks in the fuel lines and we all know what that could cause.

I just wanted to share my story, I love the forum and want to get more involved.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clemmdog
I am moving to North Carolina (from Pennsylvania) for work and was about to do one of my weekend commutes between the two (my wife lives in PA still). I pull out onto the highway with my windows down and it starts getting a bit windy. So I go to put the windows up and the passenger window goes up a few inches, then down a few, up an inch or so and then all the way down. WTF?? So I try to put it back up and the thing won't move. Long story short, I had to turn around and get my other car, 1995 Acura Integra GSR, and use that for the trip. Bummer.

My wife took the car over this morning to get serviced, and it had a bad regulator. Is this a common thing that has happened to anybody else? but while the car is there, they fixed a rattle in the right rear side window finisher and a recall for fuel hoses. You guys might want to check that one out, some earlier models develope cracks in the fuel lines and we all know what that could cause.

I just wanted to share my story, I love the forum and want to get more involved.
Hey Clemmdog. Yes, the window problems is very VERY common in the coupes. Happened to both of my windows and the dealer replaced both window motors. No problems since.

Just about every dealership knows of the problem. Most will try resetting the regulator like with your car. Then if that doesnt work, they will replace the motor. The way it was explained to me is that the motors that come from the factor just "go bad" and start wigging out.

Anyway, your not alone. In fact, do a search and you'll find a ton of threads about this problem.