G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

baby car seat in a coupe, possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say stick with the simple seat for your car. The one in the pic above was given to us free when my daughter was born. It's definately the rear-facing issue that will be of your only real concern. Stick it behind the passenger seat and reduce their legroom if needed. And it won't be long before you can turn it to face forward, which really helps.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^nice looking kid GT. They grow up quick don't they?

This just shows the versatility of our G's. If it was strictly for me, i would have gotten a two seat drop top.

Test fitting is probably your best option... if you haven't bought one yet, just take your seat to the dealer and pop it in to see if it fits. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if it meant a sale for them.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by maximus96
thanks, good point. we've had the murano for a month now with the car seat, hope we haven't done too much damage yet.
I have the mat and car seat in the Coupe & the Murano So you have a murano too... NICE

Old 04-11-2006, 07:44 PM
You people are giving me hope. I have a 6 month old, but he is a BIG boy. I definitely agree that having used a rear facing baby seat with base, it would not fit in the coupe, or it might but it would be tight, forget about leg room for your front passenger. I have a 04 coupe, and we use my wife's PT Cruiser to get around with my son. I am waiting for him to be big enough to face forward before considering putting him back there. I was actually looking at 4 doors, like the new 07 G35 sedan being released this weekend in NY, plus some other cars like the BMW and IS, and it's tough to make the move from the coupe to a 4 door. One thing is for sure, I just don't see myself sticking with Infiniti if and when I do go 4 door, since the IS and BMW looks slicker than the 4 door G.

Either way, I want to give it a shot, and put my son in back, and your stories are motivating me to keep the car and give it a try....

Old 04-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
I guess this was close to a year ago... ...my son is almost 4 and bigger. He still digs riding in the G with me.

FWIW, this is my car and the wife has an SUV family-hauler, as we also have a 7mo. baby girl. The G will work for the entire family in a jam, which is why I got the back-seat-equiped G instead of a strictly 2-seater.

I still haven't put a child seat in the G for my daughter but I'm sure the rear-facing child seat will take more room. It'll work if the need arises. If you have to use your car, specifically, to drive the kids various places, then the coupe might be a bit tight. For me, just having my son with me occasionally, it works great and I still get to drive a sports car.
Now hook little man up with this:

Attached Thumbnails baby car seat in a coupe, possible?-jvc.jpg  
Old 04-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by HipHopPro
I have the mat and car seat in the Coupe & the Murano So you have a murano too... NICE

what kind of mats do you have? i don't know if they make a special mat for this purpose...i was thinking of buying some black or dark towel to match the charcoal leather...

Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
for myself, i got a mat from babies r us, which had opening for the seat belt and had rubber (i think) on the bottom and material on the top. oh ya also came with pockets for stuff above the floor.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
I use this:

Recaro Young Sport Car Seat

Old 04-12-2006, 12:40 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
I know this might sound like a stupid idea cuz u like the coupe soooo much, but why not just get the sedan and not worry about the car seat, and from what i hear the dealers will give better deals on the sedans.. just ma .2 cents

Old 04-12-2006, 01:15 AM
i find the sedan unappealing because it looks too narrow and tall. the pics of the 07 sedan looks nicer but i can't tell for sure. the coupe looks much better. if the 07 coupe looks anything like the concept then it'll be like sex on wheels. honestly i don't think i'll be transporting the baby very much as my wife drops her off and picks her up in the murano. my choice for a 4door will be the sti, but i feel i'll waste money and won't be able to make use of all its potential commuting to and from work. i feel the luxury features of the coupe will be more comfortable during traffic...

Old 04-12-2006, 01:19 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
If your not gonna have to take the kids too often then get the coupe, the sti is not as nice and is deff. more for all out performance. P.S. you might wanna wait for the 07 coupe just based on how nice the 07 sedan is looking.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by maximus96
what kind of mats do you have? i don't know if they make a special mat for this purpose...i was thinking of buying some black or dark towel to match the charcoal leather...
This is the one I got from Babies R Us. Black for the Murano & Tan for the Coupe.

Attached Thumbnails baby car seat in a coupe, possible?-car-seat-protector.jpg   baby car seat in a coupe, possible?-car-seat-protector_2.jpg  

Last edited by HipHopPro; 04-12-2006 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:46 AM
HipHopPro - Nice screen. He doesn't ride much, but I've definately given it some thought.

shibbel2 - How does the Recaro seat fit? I considered getting it and covering in matching leather, but it's a pricey seat. My son is about to graduate into a booster seat, but my daughter will be in one for a few years still.

TIP: Check around the Infiniti site. Most manufacturers have a list of child seats that they've tested for proper fit. All might not be included, but you should get a good list to choose from and might even find the one you already have. Also, I've picked up foam from a hobby store and cut it to fit the seats in strategic locations. REALLY helps in keeping the kids comfortable.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:10 PM
use BRITAX. the best car seat out there.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:38 PM
G35driver Addict
I have a stroller in the trunk right now, but it's the $10 one you get at wal-mart that folds up. It's for a school project.