G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Black or Diamond Graphite??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black or Diamond Graphite??

Ahh...Such a tough decsion to make. I'm hopefully getting a 2004 coupe veryy very soon. But i'm sooo undecided on what color i should get. What do you all think? Black or Diamond Graphite!?!?!

thanks.

Old 09-11-2003, 01:49 PM
Re: Black or Diamond Graphite??

Personally, I think black looks better, but really it depends on how much time you want to spend keeping it clean. Black shows every speck of dirt and every water spot, whereas graphite is going to look cleaner longer. If you don’t have a problem with keeping it clean go for the black, otherwise you might want the graphite. Either way, you’ll still be the proud owner of a beautiful vehicle!

03.5 Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Black / Prem / Sport / Aero / Winter / Tint </font color=black>

Old 09-11-2003, 01:52 PM

I'm in the same position as you. i think I might be leaning towards black.either way I odnt think you owuld regret either choice

Old 09-11-2003, 01:55 PM

I kind of wish they made a dark silver, almost charcoal. In the absence of that, black looks best IMO. Keep it garaged, wash it once a week, and it'll look fantastic.

03.5 Coupe - Black/Willow, 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, Sat

Old 09-11-2003, 02:26 PM

Been there, done that. Nobody could have changed my mind. I thought and still think that black looks the sportiest of them all, and so I went in to the dealer to order my black G. I just dreamed about it, black on black with black windows, while that song "Black Cars" from that Gino Vannelli guy played in my head.

Well guess what, I changed my order 2 days later. I thought about it, I have to keep that black car clean at all times. And remember, here in Canada we have snow, sleet, slush, you name we have it, imagine all of that crap splashing up against the car?? I have a black car now, and the swirls show up right away on it, as careful as you are, those swirls are inevitable, unless you garage it at all times and hand wash carefully with a very soft mit.

When I saw the Graphite in person, I fell in love with it, and quickly understood why it was the most chosen color in sales. It has the best of all worlds, it has the sex appeal of black, the luxury business look of the silver, and an extra added depth to the paint that the other 2 colors didn't have.

So DG it is, and I am glad I changed my mind. Don't get me wrong, I still love that black, but I find the DG is a best of all worlds choice and looks damn hot.

My .02

Neil

Old 09-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe how many comments that I get about the DG color on my coupe. Complete strangers come up to me and say wow that is an awesome colour and an awesome car of course. I have even had girls tell me it is a sexy color. I have no regrets with the DG.

Old 09-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason why I went with DG was because of a mutual agreement with the wifey. She wanted Silver, I wanted Black. Mix both of them, we get Diamond Graphite... That ended it and ordered the car.

I love Black but it's a real biaach it keep clean. I owned 3 black cars and 1 red car. The red car I only had to wash once a month as for the black ones, every week!

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 09-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with black!! Black is so nice no matter what! Looks classier to me in my opinion.

Old 09-11-2003, 07:08 PM

Black softens the lines of the coupe too much. Makes it look too egg-shaped. If the car had harder lines, then I'd say black would look hot.

Old 09-11-2003, 09:25 PM

Hi all!
Proud new owner and first post here.
My wife and I went to the dealer fully intending to buy the Diamond Graphite. Parked next to the Diamond Graphite was a Black coupe which allowed us to compare the 2 side by side. Well, we struggled between the 2 for over an hour.
We finally went with the Black. It was a close call, but we liked how the Black's rear end looked "tighter" than the Diamond graphite. Both cars looked awesome...choose what looks best to your own eye and enjoy the best car for the money period!

Old 09-11-2003, 09:28 PM

Black is great if you keep up with the cleaning chores!!

Old 09-11-2003, 09:41 PM

I live in the Bay Area of Northern CA, so unless it rains (rare), my car stays pretty clean. I sympathise for those in the rainy (and salty road) states though, I grew up in Oregon.

DG, DP, and BS are all great colors, but I think black looks the best.

03.5 Coupe - Black/Willow, 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, Sat

Old 09-12-2003, 12:06 AM

Thanks on the Input you guys....Well...it seems that my local dealership finally got 2004 Caribbean Blue (my first choice of course) The only regret i will be having is a light interior, its willlow....Sooo now the question will be, What are your thoughts on Carribean Blue??

Old 09-12-2003, 01:30 AM

check out my thread in the Canada section, I had the same problem:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

My lifestyle at this time can't afford me the luxury of owning a black car and taking care of it properly...good luck

BTW - In Canada, the Silverstone is the same as Grahite

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black or Diamond Graphite??