G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Automatic Coupes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC triffic leads me to an Auto. my last car was an integra type r, stick shift, everytime i get in bumper to bumper traffic I just could kill someone.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
LLLOOOLLL, oh I can't wait to meet you..

OWNED!!! It just shows you know nothing about JDM If you drop by here in the NorthEast I want you to meet 2 of my friends who all they can afford is a lowly 10 Second daily driven 750WHP 4 Banger Civic .

Old 05-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by ABADG
I'm with you on that one. I don't think one loses much. I'm an avil manual transmission lover myself but sometimes it gets tiring, and unless you're racing and racing vehicles have the same type of shifting nowadays. It's the wave of the future.
Like Finiti35 said, there is no right or wrong in here. There are Auto Tranny like the Supra's and lot's of European cars that can shift faster than any human can do, but it's all about the driving experience that drivers like me that can't turn their back on MT. One day we will all have Hybrid cars or even Hydrogen cars in the future, technology may catch up to the speed and power but you still can't beat the sound of a V8 or V10 rumbling down the freeway.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AthenG
OWNED!!! It just shows you know nothing about JDM If you drop by here in the NorthEast I want you to meet 2 of my friends who all they can afford is a lowly 10 Second daily driven 750WHP 4 Banger Civic .
Seriously!!! My old Civic SI would have spanked any stock G. You just can't judge a car because it's "only" a Honda. You never know what is lurking under that hood and they already have a huge power/weight ratio advantage. I love my 6MT G but I still miss my SI sometimes. I had a lot of fun in that car. I would have loved to be able to have both actually.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I always leave it in AT mode when ever or what ever situation I'm in. EXCEPT a week before track day then I start practicing in MM mode just to get my timing down. I wanted a stick but there is this person with me that said "let's get the AT cus I want to drive it too."

Old 05-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by glennp_1999
I always leave it in AT mode when ever or what ever situation I'm in. EXCEPT a week before track day then I start practicing in MM mode just to get my timing down. I wanted a stick but there is this person with me that said "let's get the AT cus I want to drive it too."

haha, that is why you teach that person to drive stick

Old 05-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Manu mode works great for steering with throttle on hard corners. I traded 2003 auto for 2005 mt which is more fun. usually just drive on weekends for fun though.. auto probably nicer for a daily commute and still fast as mt on the street for *most* drivers.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
To each his own but anytime that I ever drive an AT, I just start getting annoyed that I can't control when I want to shift.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Stick with your Automatic and your dumb a$$ comment to your self, I hope you live up to your SN "2FastG354U". Everyone that I know who Mod and went FI on their car didn't do it for the women, they do it because that is their passion you douche bag Go buy your Benz and be like an average middle class and leave the tuner industry alone.

Now I know Y you drive an AUTO

You tool bag I am laughing because of the fact that you think everyone is supposed to know what the WORKS is LOL..Uuuhh and I know nothing about cars??lol ok wow you must impress all the girls with your car knowledge Man a 750WHP civic!! Oh wow your friends must be ballers! Please I hope you don't mean North East Miami do you??? If you do then now I know why you and all your friends have civics.....

Last edited by FI'ed G; 05-04-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by AthenG
Stick with your Automatic and your dumb a$$ comment to your self, I hope you live up to your SN "2FastG354U". Everyone that I know who Mod and went FI on their car didn't do it for the women, they do it because that is their passion you douche bag Go buy your Benz and be like an average middle class and leave the tuner industry alone.

Now I know Y you drive an AUTO
little mad I see well look AthenG you are getting upset and we own the same freaking car except one is Auto and one is MT.. The real tool bag is the guy who started this stupid thread.. These kind of threads just starts arguments, just like Sedan VS Coupe threads.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:52 PM
little mad I see well look AthenG you are getting upset and we own the same freaking car except one is Auto and one is MT.. The real tool bag is the guy who started this stupid thread.. These kind of threads just starts arguments, just like Sedan VS Coupe threads.

I don't think the original poster intended for this to happen, though I have moved on and some what mellowed down, modding car is still and will always be part of me. I just get to defensive when other start bashing other cars especially those pesky Honda Even though I drive a G, I still have respect for other car enthusiast regarding what car they drive.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyways. Sounds like everyone has thier own opinion on this subject. before I had this car, I had a 93 nsx which was a manual. before that I had a FI h22 accord coupe, which was also manual. I almost got an S2000 before the G but decided to go with something not so sporty. I went to infiniti and drove both the 6mt and 5at. for some reason I liked the 5at alot better. The 6mt did not have as much "go" as I thought it would. I guess I was used to my hondas... I really like the 5at, it feels like a luxury sports coupe, the 6mt IMO, feels like a luxury sports coupe that wants to be faster, but is too fat to really run the marathon... My next car will probably be a van... I'm getting old. lol

Old 05-04-2006, 05:04 PM
AT+MM Rocks.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mixturepinoy
Anyways. Sounds like everyone has thier own opinion on this subject. before I had this car, I had a 93 nsx which was a manual. before that I had a FI h22 accord coupe, which was also manual. I almost got an S2000 before the G but decided to go with something not so sporty. I went to infiniti and drove both the 6mt and 5at. for some reason I liked the 5at alot better. The 6mt did not have as much "go" as I thought it would. I guess I was used to my hondas... I really like the 5at, it feels like a luxury sports coupe, the 6mt IMO, feels like a luxury sports coupe that wants to be faster, but is too fat to really run the marathon... My next car will probably be a van... I'm getting old. lol

I did the same when I went to the dealership, and came out w/ the exact opposite restult as you--the automatic seemed hesitant to go, while the 6mt seemed a bit more frisky.---The first 2 gears in the 6mt really pull--didn't u notice that?
Anyways, to each his own--as already stated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Automatic Coupes...