G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

'07 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Coupe?

Sorry if this has been posted many times before guys, but I need a little advice.

I've been lusting over a Coupe MT for months now. I've been waiting until June to get one, b/c I am refi-ing my home, etc. etc. So now that the time is almost here, I don't know if I should hang around and wait for the '07 or not? Are there going to be a ton of changes to the '07? I've seen pitcures of the new coupe (which are sweet), but I didn't think it was coming out until next year some time. Does that mean it will be the '08?

Anyway, I doubt if I can hold off much longer either way, I just didn't know if there was something that was going to be released in the next few months that was going to be a big difference than what i am looking at getting in June.

Thanks for the help, sorry if the question was a little shallow in nature.

PS Can't wait to snag my puppy and get her pic on here too. I'm not a gear head at all, just like fast cars. But after hanging around this board a little bit, you guys got me juiced up to make some custom upgrades to the ride once I get her going.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:18 AM
I think the coupe will remain unchanged for 07. But it has been stated that the new model 08's are due for an early release next spring. My advice would be to wait a year for the new ones, but if you absolutely cannot wait... just go for the 06. I was in the market for an 05 G last year and decided to wait for the 08's... heck I'd wait forever for that car!

Old 05-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Man, the thought of waiting another (uses fingers) 10 months or so is almost unberable. But the few pics I have seen of that new coupe just blow me away.

Now, is it set to replace the current G Cope completely, or is it a higher level above the G? Do they expect the price to be in the same line as the current G?

Man, I was afraid you guys would tell me to hold off for the new one.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is that your name or are you justa seonfeld fanactic like me?

Old 05-04-2006, 10:32 AM
No, that’s just a nickname.

My real name is Jackie Chiles.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Well right now its May. Summer goes by fast. With football season running from Sept to Feb, thats really just like 3 months. Feb isn't even a month. And I expect the G to come out in April. So really what you're looking at is a 7 month wait j/k

Just do it in stages. I'm sure by June more photo's and specs of the new G sedan will be available. Then when Nov comes around go test drive the new sedan a few times to feel the performance and interior. Then photos of the production coupe will be released, then before you know it the new coupe will be hitting the streets just around the corner.

I just asked myself one question (since I'm planning to finance). How would I feel when the new coupe hits the streets and I still have to pay off my "old" coupe for another 3-4 years?

Old 05-04-2006, 01:32 PM
I am going to have to agree with here, the new coupe will be out in early Spring, which is like a year away, so if you can hold off for a year, I think you would be really glad you did. If not then go ahead and get one now, you will be happy either way. I was thinking about getting one too, but decided I would wait for the 2nd gen coupe.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I'd consider leasing an 06 for 2 years and then snagging the new redesigned 08 coupe after the lease is up. This way, you don't have to worry about being upside down on your loan when trading in for the 08. Plus, you should be able to get a hella' good deal on an 06 right now. Just a thought...

Old 05-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just remember, the first year of a new model is usually the worst year. They are usually plagued with glitches and problems. So, what you would want to do then is wait for the subsequent year (the ’09 model) so they can wrinkle out any issues from the first year. So, I say 2 more years. That being said, if you are financing an ’05 (like me), just save up and pay it off or trade in. By the ’09 Model year, there will only be 2 years left so I’m sure it won’t be a bad trade-in then.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Buying a first year model would not be that big of a risk, because first it is 2006, so there are not as many problems with first year run cars now, and the 2nd coupe is not dramatically different from the 1st gen, so getting a first year one when the new ones come out, would be fine, plus its under warranty anyway.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Buying a first year model would not be that big of a risk, because first it is 2006, so there are not as many problems with first year run cars now, and the 2nd coupe is not dramatically different from the 1st gen, so getting a first year one when the new ones come out, would be fine, plus its under warranty anyway.
That's true. I guess in gerneal, it isn't a hot idea but then again, this isn't like a completely new model. However, regarding the warranty, look at how many people bi**h about creaks, rattles, and what-not and we have warranties. It seems like once a month you'll see the infamous "I want to lemon-law this...or that..". Also, if you really needed a car, waiting isn't an option.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Take over my lease that ends in March. Then turn it in and buy a new one.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:49 PM
i bought an 05, got 4 years left, only owe 25k on a fully loaded g. i could trade it in anytime ad still come out ahead on a new model. once this warranty is up, im trading it in baby! black with black rims, black kit, black tint and lenses. stealth.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by MrElussive
Don't sit around waiting for cars, life's too short. If you want a G35 Coupe, then get one. Cars are always changing, you can never have good timing with this industry....that's the point.

i agree,, very well said

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '07 Coupe?