G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What makes a "Built" motor? And Rebuilt tranny?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be off topic somewhat, but ....

I can't imagine anyone going F1 without bringing in more than 1.5k/WEEK in extra $$. I realize there are many exceptions (ie help from parents), but generally for those on there own how do you do it.

I'm just wodering if ppl are just really that into their cars, modding, etc.

Maybe I should be living in the present instead of always thinking about my future

Old 05-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TINMAN
when everything said and done,1800 is gone just for the labor alone.
for your age and the fund you have...stay away from this subject.stock is perfectly fine
Who the **** are you to talk down to me? I'm not a 16 year old using his daddy's money to try and boost my car.. I've been round these forums for years-- and have learned plunty, I'm making a good deal of extra money for my age and I love my Intake, ztube, kintex v4 plenum, topspeed headers, crawford cats, clear corners, piaa's all around and my injen ses exhaust.

I will continue modding if you 'highness' approves or not.

Japtrix gives me really good deals on labor-- I'm not to worried about gettin things installed. I'll prolly just charge it.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PieroG35
This may be off topic somewhat, but ....

I can't imagine anyone going F1 without bringing in more than 1.5k/WEEK in extra $$. I realize there are many exceptions (ie help from parents), but generally for those on there own how do you do it.

I'm just wodering if ppl are just really that into their cars, modding, etc.

Maybe I should be living in the present instead of always thinking about my future
Just depends on the person-- I'm pretty sure I'd do anything short of selling my body for a vortech-- so I'm just going to save up...

Old 05-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Who the **** are you to talk down to me? I'm not a 16 year old using his daddy's money to try and boost my car.. I've been round these forums for years-- and have learned plunty, I'm making a good deal of extra money for my age and I love my Intake, ztube, kintex v4 plenum, topspeed headers, crawford cats, clear corners, piaa's all around and my injen ses exhaust.

I will continue modding if you 'highness' approves or not.

Japtrix gives me really good deals on labor-- I'm not to worried about gettin things installed. I'll prolly just charge it.
why the **** are you so angry? i am NOT talk down on you.i know you are around.
i've been though the route so i KNOW what is coming and what it takes.that was my friendly advice.listen or not,that's your ****ing choice..shoot it,have a ball.
good luck and have a nice day

Old 05-11-2006, 09:56 AM
LEK
That Guy

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtrain
I've been round these forums for years-- and have learned plunty,
too bad you haven't been here long enough to spell "plenty." LOOOL dude calm the f down. Getting your panties all in a bunch.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Banned
Wow jtrain got upset. The guy wasnt trying to put you down, he was just saying leave the car how it is, but to each his own. I Say hook your car up then start investing your money. But i highly doubt that will happen, spend it all and you'll be cool in your and your friends eyes....Boost on

Old 05-11-2006, 10:59 AM
bottom line if you want just a kit and slap it on, you have to have at least 6-7K for everything to make it safe, if you want to have a semi built then 15k.

After spending that money you MUST have at least $2k just in case money if something happens (believe me there will always gonna be something). We are not talking down on you but when you start talking about building motor, 800/month will not cover you. Most Built engine around here had spent at least $20k on their cars and still counting.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:29 AM
vortech too?

Old 05-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jeez, 15, 20k for building a motor? The Gcoupe is a nice car and all, but damnnn if I had that much extra money, I'll probably be in a m3, or maybe even save more for a z06.. :P but damn.. the g is sexy :P