Old 05-18-2006, 01:33 AM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look like seams to me

Old 05-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by hotsand5
Well at least we all know that they all have seams in the lights on all models. Of course I want to get the projectors....come on man!!
Go ahead and try to claim warranty - you'll be wasting yours and the dealers time. This is such a useless and wasted thread if all you wanted to do was intentionally try to rip the dealer off by claiming a defect. Don't you think they have plenty of G's on the lot that they can compare with?!? Get a life!

Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 PM
i got those too

Old 05-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by vjquan
Go ahead and try to claim warranty - you'll be wasting yours and the dealers time. This is such a useless and wasted thread if all you wanted to do was intentionally try to rip the dealer off by claiming a defect. Don't you think they have plenty of G's on the lot that they can compare with?!? Get a life!

wow, really? good thing you werent the service manager at Grubbs when they replaced mine. Wait.. are you a Nissan service manager? It all makes sense now.

Btw, my new lights didnt have the crack or seam.. Nor did any of the other coupes on the lot last year. I was at meets and only a few of us had the cracks, we assumed it to be a defect at the time. Dealer didnt have any issue replacing them. HOWEVER, they only replace the housing, thats all ICA covers. You keep your HIDs and ballasts, so no luck on 06's. Not that they could order them as a replacement part anyway.

Of course, over time, they will open up again. So it was a waste of time on my part.

You will risk your bumper getting scratched to hell. Luckily clear bra saved mine from damage at the dealer. And my bumper now loosens up all the time and squeaks. I have to pull the inner fender and tighten it periodically. I will locktite it eventually.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:44 PM
oh, and they totally screwed up my headlight alignment and I had to return.

Old 05-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Whoah, Vjquan, take it easy and get to your inhaler! I never implied that I wanted to get FREE projectors. I was simply stating that those looked like cracks to me (I am new to the G35 world....sorry my BMW nor my VW nor any other car that I owned did not have seams through the lights, so it looked pretty weird to me.) Anyhow, if they were cracks, yes, I'd ask the dealer to replace them, and if there was a common problem with them, then yes, I'd try to get projectors out of them to avoid that problem in the near future. When I found out that they are just seams, I simply stated that yes, I still want to get projectors...they look better and provide better lighting, but not expecting anything for free.
So I guess that it is pretty normal and unfortunate for the ability to assume what others are thinking over a few sentences on this forum because there is no physical human interaction to judge ones body language, sarcasm, etc. Next time let's just ask before we assume........ Friends??

Old 05-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned
I thought it started out as an innocent question, then others said it was obvious what you we're trying to pull. When you said "Of course I want to get the projectors....come on man!!", then I thought maybe you were trying to pull a scam. All I said was IF this was your intention, then do something better with your time.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:18 PM
cool vjquan.....I understand

Old 05-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Funny when my girl came home and I detailed her. I saw
the seam but only on 1 side and thought WTF? Then I looked
over on the other side and THEN it all made sense

Old 05-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hotsand5
so everybody else prior to 06 has them?
yes and there are tiny holes in my leather seats too.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 6MTzer
yes and there are tiny holes in my leather seats too.
is that normal? i had that on my steering wheel too... but thought it was some damage i picked up... so i put a beautiful sheep skin cover over it. very warm in the winter time.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:07 PM
you all are crazy they are cracks and i had it in only one headlight a few months ago and the dealer replaced them for free. THEY ARE CRACKS and they WILL give you new headlights under warranty!!!

Old 05-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Banned
It's amazing how these 'cracks' are appearing all over the place with perfect curvatures and identical from left side to right side on brand new vehicles! Now it's possible that depending on who manufactures these, that there could be some made with these seams and some without. But these are certainly not 'cracks' in the sense of a defect. I can understand if you had a mismatched set where one had one and the other didn't, you have a chance of a warranty claim - but if both are matching, don't bother wasting your time. They certainly won't trade up to '06 projectors and you face the possibility of misaligned headlights, loose bumper, etc., as someone else mentioned from experience.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:06 PM
YES THEY ARE CRACKS!!!! You guys are crazy!!! I had ONE of my headlights crack.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned
So was it a crack that appeared that wasn't there before? Did it look like all the pictures posted above? Are you smoking crack?!?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of Cracked headlights