G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Why do coupes and 350Z always pick on me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Hyde
everytime i see a coupe or a Z33 pull up at night, they will for sure have a run with my sedan.... its like they are thinking, oh thats a sedan, i can easily smoke it. but so far, the results is obvious. sedan > coupe

last nite, this 03-04 6MT coupe pulled up and started going, so i just followed a bit until a red light then had a run with it, the guy in the car started looking cocky at first, so i just gave him a smile. once the green light goes, i let him start first to see if he is really going, so he was then i started to go, by around 3rd gear, he was already 2 car length behind me! the 2 guys looked shocked at the next light after being smoked by a automatic sedan

even 05-06 6MT coupes were pretty much the same. if Infiniti advertise that the 6MT's have at least 298HP... i think mine would be over 320 in order to smoke them everytime. looks like Blitz intake + Y-Pipe + HKS exhaust and Amuse ECU tuning makes this big of a difference. so far, i have not lost to another G or Z. lemme continue my winning record
I have the similar situation. I have yet lose to a coupe. Is urs 6MT?

Old 06-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to say it but I started out with the Coupe complex. After having my a$$ handed to me twice by sedans I'm ready for some more mods.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:37 AM
Klubbheads, mine is actually the first 2003 with doggy door and its 5AT, suppose to be the slowest of all

most of the times, i'll wait till they start to gun it down the road before i do, that way i can tell if they are really going or not.

i dont think most ppl can tell my car is modded other then having the coupe rims.

i have a Twilight blue sedan, its really hard to see the nismo kit in the dark, even for the "enhusiast" G35 sedan owners might not even spot the difference. and the HKS exhaust is not too easy to spot. some ricer even ask me if its ractive! that comment made me wanna blow his head off!

my friend just went to test drive the 06 coupe 6MT, he said it actually felt slower then mine. i'm thinking it have something to do with the stock intake tube restricting too much air, even on the 05-06s.

i also think its not really my car is that much faster, its just that most 6MT owners cant shift fast enough (no offense to 6MT drivers,but we all know not everyone is a pro-racer) so with regular drivers, 5AT is actually faster then 6MT.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:43 AM
^^ I agree some people just shouldn't get 6MTs if they aren't going to able to use its potential and give a bad name for 6MTs.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i was debating on a 6mt coupe or sedan. i admit the coupe is one of the best looking cars, it definitely looks a lot better than the sedan. but, its too played out. thats why i choose sedan.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:24 AM
the reason I chose the sedan (with the options that i have on it, it's more expensive than the coupe) is because there is nothing sexier than a sedan with 3 pedals in the bottom.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:09 PM
I also have not lost even once to a coupe. I was actually surprised the first time I raced one. Last week I had one pull a creep of death on me, but we called it quits as the speeds were getting up there. He gave me a thumbs up. Thats the way it should be done. Its mostly the younger kids that end up being arrogant.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I would have to agree that the coupe is sexier but that's not to say the sedan doesn't look good. A minority will find the sedan ugly but that is always the case with anything. The opposite is always true - an ugly car will always have people who find it attractive. If it wasn't true, you wouldn't see Pontiac Aztecs on the road.

I chose the sedan for the stealth factor and for the same reason as kluggheads - there is just something satisfying about a performance sedan with a mt. The other big reason I chose the sedan was because it was $2k cheaper than the coupe. Since the coupe and sedan are so similar, I have no idea what that extra $2k gets you in the coupe.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Amuse ECU?! I love the Amuse Z. How did you get a hold of that ECU and how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? Is it a reflash or a totally different ECU?

Old 06-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Earl
I hate to say it but I started out with the Coupe complex. After having my a$$ handed to me twice by sedans I'm ready for some more mods.
LOL.
That is good of you to admit here. Careful, mods are addicting!

Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I went with the sedan simply because I like sport sedans and need the room. I'll always choose the sedan version over the coupe version. I think the coupe is one sexy car, but it's not for me.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
I had a run with a group of Mazda RX8s on an open stretch of freeway and I pulled on them everytime. Later they happened to stop at the same gas station that I was filling up at. They walked over and said, "We didn't realize the sedans had the capability...if you had been a coupe we would have left you alone. Now we know better." I chuckled. I've always been the type to blend in. Though my sedan is red I don't really get noticed and I definitely don't get many looks since it looks stock. I looked at the copue when I went to purchase but the practical side of me kicked in. Now I'm just trying to convince my soon to be wife to get a coupe so we can have drive both...

Old 06-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Modded Member
I chose the sedan so I can save $150/month on payments, and $50/month on insurance. I also thought that it would keep me from throwing away money on mods- that didn't work.

Although I do love my sedan, it can't compete with the sexy lines of the coupe.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:31 PM
lots of folks don't even give the sedans a second look until......1. they pulled on and 2. they get pulled on a second time.........when i get a chance encouter with a coupe at a light, i usually see the half@ss "only a sedan" glance and when the light goes green, they kinda take off in a hurry.....then they look over again to see that i'm right next to them, and glance over again as i usually walk away, which leads me to believe that those are stock or lightly moddded coupes......one memeroable loss was to a gutted civic, walked away from me mid third gear pull......
back on topic, i too try to keep oem appearance for that sleeper look...

Old 06-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by G35pm
Amuse ECU?! I love the Amuse Z. How did you get a hold of that ECU and how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? Is it a reflash or a totally different ECU?
its just reflash by amuse, u can probably get the same result with technosquare.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why do coupes and 350Z always pick on me?