G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

No!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Pearl
Whats a loss value claim and how do you file since my car has been hit twice now and am worried that its not going to be worth crap now cuz of the two idiots that hit me! Both not my fault and now I'm stuck w/ a car that has half the damn car repaired!
Well you have to tell the insurance company that you want diminished value and they need to cut you a check - you can sue the person who hit you for the dimished value (check KBB) and insurance MUST cover it under law. But that requires the legal stuff - I have no problem taking them to small claims - esp since my car was PARKED lol. So we'll see what the adjuster offers - I want max limits.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:48 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by erikill
Well you have to tell the insurance company that you want diminished value and they need to cut you a check - you can sue the person who hit you for the dimished value (check KBB) and insurance MUST cover it under law. But that requires the legal stuff - I have no problem taking them to small claims - esp since my car was PARKED lol. So we'll see what the adjuster offers - I want max limits.

Find a lawyer who specializes in this stuff and he'll sue for the deminished value and on top of that lawyer fees. Tell the insurance company they would be saving themselves money and trouble by cuttin u a fatty in the first place

Old 06-27-2006, 01:15 AM
so you are saying I have to sue the person who hit me or the insurance co. if they don't agree to pay the diminished value? I'm seriously interested cuz like I said half my car is freakin' repaired and to me it will be looked at as a piece of $h** now.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Black Pearl
so you are saying I have to sue the person who hit me or the insurance co. if they don't agree to pay the diminished value? I'm seriously interested cuz like I said half my car is freakin' repaired and to me it will be looked at as a piece of $h** now.
You sue the individual person - however under federal law - the insurance company is REQUIRED to pay for any damages awarded relating to the accident - so what I'm going to do is be like I want the loss according to KBB - you can cut me a check - OR we can goto court and involve lawyer fees which you will have to pay back (and pay their own). I had a lawyer when a DUI rear ended me a few years ago and we settled out of court for pretty much a max limit i think on personal injurty :-) But I used the majority of it - I got really bad whiplash!

Old 06-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Funny how it works out that you're trying to be responsible & not drive drunk and hurt somebody, and some dump@ss comes along & whacked up your G_ride for ya. Not haha funny either. Plz post some pic to get a better idea of damage.

In order for the car to be total, the total cost of repair must exceed 80% of the vehicle value. Once its total, you CAN buy the car back and try to fit it (bad idea, far gone). At that point, they own your car and insurance company sells her to be parted out by auto recycler/junkyard. They do this to recover some of the payout. From what you're saying, she's far from being total.

Since you know the body shop owner, you're already ahead of the game. Always insist on OEM repair parts. Insurance company will always try to put used or cheap aftermarket parts on the car. Used oem>aftermarket. Aftermarket don't fit properly, no matter what they say. Your friend should keep this from happening. When properly repaired, 95%+ of the integrity of the vehicle should be retored.

While your G_ride is in the shop, have him/her shave your trunk for ya!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Grumpy_G
Since you know the body shop owner, you're already ahead of the game. Always insist on OEM repair parts. Insurance company will always try to put used or cheap aftermarket parts on the car. Used oem>aftermarket. Aftermarket don't fit properly, no matter what they say. Your friend should keep this from happening. When properly repaired, 95%+ of the integrity of the vehicle should be retored.

While your G_ride is in the shop, have him/her shave your trunk for ya!
So far the assesor came out only ~3400 b4 they take it apart and might be more. I've been impressed how easy theyve been to work with. Yeah I think they may be using used OEM (pocket the diff) or just new OEM - whatever I know he will take care of me (he does porsches / bmws / ferraris besides lowly infinitis).

Shave my trunk? huh? Sorry been a long day lol

Old 06-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Parts are expensive for these car, it doesn't take much to spend $3,400. Thank goodness for insurance. There's no shame in using used OEM parts, it once serve a purpose on another G. Why not give it a second chance? Just make sure that it hasn't been repair/repainted already! Usually repainted parted are of questionable workmenship.

The only problem I have with it is that it takes a few days to locate 'em=slow down production. Their inventory is not as consistant as the dealer. Where as the new oem parts are usually in stock and available for same day delivery, otherwise takes 1-3 days for special order. Money vs time & time=money. Dealer also have all those little clips, brackets, and nik-nak-patty-wak that you need to complete the job in a timely fashion.

The infiniti script & logo on the trunk is held on w/double side tape. Script is easily remove, but the logo also has 2 alignment pegs w/2 holes in the trunk. Those need to be welded/filled before paint for ultra smooth look from the back side. A lot less work then it sound, just need to repaint the trunk thats all.

Pics plz futher assessment.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
AH - nah I have no issues with the logo and stuff on the trunk - maybe next go around haha.

Yea I understand your point with used parts - whatever it is it is - I just want my G back in one piece :-) and hopefully nothing else they will find. How can I get them to buy me a 6K bulb (since I want to goto 6K's) and I will buy another 6K for the other side? :-)

Old 06-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Pics

Def not totalled - but looks a lot more than 3400 bucks!

http://erikill.servebeer.com/Erik/Accident/

Old 06-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
6-8k is not enough damage to have it totaled

Old 06-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
6-8k is not enough damage to have it totaled
Yea I know - I just don't want to drive the damaged goods now ya know

Old 06-28-2006, 09:46 PM
I don't know if you passenger side xenon bulb is busted or not. I won't come w/your new head light assembly. If it is, I don't see why not. If its not busted, make sure it is before your insurance adjuster sees it. Tell your buddy to take the money and put it toward you 6k bulb.

From the damage I see from your pics, its mostly cosmetics. You got nothing to worry about, very minor. Parts just cost a small fortune. I don't know how much G_sedan head light is, but to put thing in perspective, Murano w/xenon cost $800+ and Evo8 cost $1200+! These prices are wholesale price! Also, is your hood damage? How is hood-to-left fender gap, is it perfectly parallel? Is your right front door damage?

Just make sure you r suspension is not damage. The easy way to tell is to get an alignment, if she align to factory spec, you're in the clear.
Oh, and pm sent!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Grumpy_G
I don't know if you passenger side xenon bulb is busted or not. I won't come w/your new head light assembly. If it is, I don't see why not. If its not busted, make sure it is before your insurance adjuster sees it. Tell your buddy to take the money and put it toward you 6k bulb.

From the damage I see from your pics, its mostly cosmetics. You got nothing to worry about, very minor. Parts just cost a small fortune. I don't know how much G_sedan head light is, but to put thing in perspective, Murano w/xenon cost $800+ and Evo8 cost $1200+! These prices are wholesale price! Also, is your hood damage? How is hood-to-left fender gap, is it perfectly parallel? Is your right front door damage?

Just make sure you r suspension is not damage. The easy way to tell is to get an alignment, if she align to factory spec, you're in the clear.
Oh, and pm sent!

Passenger side xenon was crushed under the force of the assembly being destroyed - I assumed the bulb comes with the new assembly (775 !) I can't tell if there is any hood damage - I guess we will see once they start putting stuff back together if everything fits ok. I think passenger front door may have some damage - again not sure until they start disassembling.

Yeah I talked to the assessor they said he didnt see a need for an alignment unless the car is driving funky - I will have the body shop say it is and go take it in for one anyways just to be safe.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:32 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know why your complaining about damage to your car. After seeing these pics, it looks like it'll buff right out. Just get a good orbital.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Originally Posted by erikill
Passenger side xenon was crushed under the force of the assembly being destroyed - I assumed the bulb comes with the new assembly (775 !) I can't tell if there is any hood damage - I guess we will see once they start putting stuff back together if everything fits ok. I think passenger front door may have some damage - again not sure until they start disassembling.

Yeah I talked to the assessor they said he didnt see a need for an alignment unless the car is driving funky - I will have the body shop say it is and go take it in for one anyways just to be safe.

The xenon bulb won't be coming with your new headlight, guarantee. Sold separately for about a bill. I had to recycle the xenon in the $1200 EVO headlight.

Getting your car aligned is a safe bet, especially when the damage is so close to the wheel. Who knows, the wheel may have been shoved back bending the lower control arm. Suspension damage is very hard to tell w/o putting the car up on the rack.

Last edited by Grumpy_G; 06-29-2006 at 07:50 PM. Reason: SP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.