Sedan
Originally Posted by dyenboy
I've seen some bad 20's too..
90% of the 20's I've seen are BAD.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by az1anbeethoven
well...maybe some people bought the sedan because they like the look of it, but not for the sportiness...alot of people on this forum has 19s and 20s...by the way, why did you get 18s for your car?? the rims that you currently have right now are made in 17s why didn't you get those??
When I bought my rims, they were only offered in 18's.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the best of both worlds, 17's and 20's.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Staff Alumni
Are those the 17" stockers powdercoated? And did you black-out your roof? I actually like that...

Old 07-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man vodka, you got one of the nicest looking sedans...drool~

Old 07-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Are those the 17" stockers powdercoated? And did you black-out your roof? I actually like that...
I bought some 2003 stock 17's with 10 miles on them and had them painted gloss black, just like the roof. I'm planning to go wild with this black/white theme, so be on the lookout for yet another new look. The 6-spoke 17's look VERY VERY aggressive in this new color scheme- I just want to get some spacers because the offsets make them tuck too far in, and some 235 or 245 width tires, and make these my dedicated track wheels...

Old 07-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm usually not a big fan of dark/powder coated rims, but for some reason, you've pulled it off...maybe it's the roof combo. Looks good!

Old 07-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Boris! Looking nice bro! When are the 20's coming in? Dang it! you got me waiting for the longest time :-(

Old 07-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by R2 V35
Boris! Looking nice bro! When are the 20's coming in? Dang it! you got me waiting for the longest time :-(
Tomorrow, fvcking finally!

Old 07-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
^So that was your ride I saw in all the norcal meet pics. Can't wait to see what you've done when its all done. Looks good so far Vodka.

Will 245's fit on the stock 17x7's?

Old 07-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Tomorrow, fvcking finally!

TIGHT!!!! can't wait to see them new shoes!!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by R2 V35
TIGHT!!!! can't wait to see them new shoes!!!!
They'll probably be up for sale shortly after I get them. I refuse to rep a company that couldn't deliver on their delivery time promise...

By the way, when are you going to sell me your Stoptech's?

Old 07-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
I bought some 2003 stock 17's with 10 miles on them and had them painted gloss black, just like the roof. I'm planning to go wild with this black/white theme, so be on the lookout for yet another new look. The 6-spoke 17's look VERY VERY aggressive in this new color scheme- I just want to get some spacers because the offsets make them tuck too far in, and some 235 or 245 width tires, and make these my dedicated track wheels...
You know I've always been a fan of your car. I like the roof. I think it's ironic because just a few minutes after I posted the inquiry, I noticed a white scion tC at lunch with a black roof; I liked the look of it as well(not comparing your car to the tC, but you know what I mean).

I also noticed the tucked in appearance of the wheels; I was going to suggest a spacer but figured I'd let it go.

I have also considered the black/white theme. I never thought about the roof, and I definitely will not touch the hood(rice). But with my black wheels, I thought about the black wilwood bbk, but I'm afraid it might be so dark that they may be nearly invisible. I've also considered blacking out the headlight housings. I really like the look here(link originally provided by Gdup35sedan):
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...out+headlights

Just one question: what are you going to do about your roof in the future? Are you going to leave it as-is when you trade/sell your car? Are you going to attempt to have it color-matched? That makes me think, maybe someone can cut a custom bit of vinyl for the roof. It shouldn't weigh much..

Old 07-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Modded Member
Thanks. The TC actually comes stock with a panoramic roof, so every one you see will be like that. It's also optional on the Audi A3 and Benz E-class.

I think black brakes behind black wheels will look really good- do a search for pics from Vinh (drsifu1)- he's got black Stoptech's underneath his black Volk's.

I've got a really good bodyshop I go to, and I have a great relationship with them. It won't cost me much to have the paint stripped and resprayed back to the stock color (and they do an AWESOME job on the color match), so I'll do that when I get tired of this car.

I don't know how good an overlay would look on the roof, but perhaps if it's glossy enough it might be a good idea...

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
You know I've always been a fan of your car. I like the roof. I think it's ironic because just a few minutes after I posted the inquiry, I noticed a white scion tC at lunch with a black roof; I liked the look of it as well(not comparing your car to the tC, but you know what I mean).

I also noticed the tucked in appearance of the wheels; I was going to suggest a spacer but figured I'd let it go.

I have also considered the black/white theme. I never thought about the roof, and I definitely will not touch the hood(rice). But with my black wheels, I thought about the black wilwood bbk, but I'm afraid it might be so dark that they may be nearly invisible. I've also considered blacking out the headlight housings. I really like the look here(link originally provided by Gdup35sedan):
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...out+headlights

Just one question: what are you going to do about your roof in the future? Are you going to leave it as-is when you trade/sell your car? Are you going to attempt to have it color-matched? That makes me think, maybe someone can cut a custom bit of vinyl for the roof. It shouldn't weigh much..

Old 07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Staff Alumni
The only reason I asked about the color-match back to stock is because I've read elsewhere that IP is notoriously hard to match. Just curious.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sedan wheels?