G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New owner ..not thrilled and Hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner ..not thrilled and Hello

First things first..Hello to all members.Long time lurker ,first time poster.

Today,I purchased a 2004g35 with 32.5K miles.Clean interior(black)silver color,5spoke wheels.heated seats, bose system,no sun roof,no spoiler.New tires.Good brakes at front so-so in the back.Price 21500.00 +++, OTD 23450.00.
I think is the base model, and driving at night noticed few things i don't really like:

1-No automatic driving lights.

2-No automatic lights shut -off

3-No night time driving adjustable mirror .(No glare).

4-No interior light when car is open by remote.

My previous ride was an Altima SL and these features were standard options.

As you can see i am a creature of the night,i do a lot of driving at nightime.I do love the xenon lights though.

Now the question/s:

What do you think of the price?
Is any newer model or package that will have the features this car lack of.(2005 or 2006)?

I love the way the car drives,engine noise,stereo is ok, but the night time lights and mirror are very important to me.

Please excuse this obvious questions

Old 07-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Congrats on your new ride , I thought your car would have those features. I have an 05 X base model and it has those features.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:13 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm just being blunt, but didn't you think about these things AHEAD of time before you bought the car especially since you stated that these options are "very important" to you? Apparently you didn't look into the premium package which would include the features you are looking to have. You must have been really excited to get the car or something. You got a fair price for what you got. Welcome to the boards and try not to dwell on what you don't have. The way I figure it, with the money you saved, you can do engine upgrades now

Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got all those features as well. Let me ask you, do you have dual climate control? You might not have "that" package.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:23 PM
mm.. i have an 05

well with remote.. there is no interior lights on.. but when door is open.. there is plenty of lights on.. dome lights and door step lights are on..

as to auto lights / my 05' with premium i believe A?.. lol.. i have sunroof / auto dim rear view / auto lights / tilt steering column / keyless start and whatnots.. look at infiniti's website.. i duno if the 04' has those package or not.. shuda gotten an 05 =)..

but since u got the car already; u cud take it to some electronics shop and they can install auto dim rear view n' also install auto lights.. might cost ya a bit.. but if its that big of a problem for ya.. might be worth it.. =)

Old 07-25-2006, 11:30 PM
yeah, don't buy a base model next time. I have a loaded '05 X and it has all of the above features and then some. Night and day difference between it and the base model.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:30 PM
I guess i was more concern for the engine and handling part as well as overall condition. when i test drove the car,I did it in the morning so it was no need to turn lights, and ear view mirror worked fine. No dual climate control as i can see, and is not an X.
Any newer (05 or 06) owners that can tell me if these options are standard or part of what package....
Thank you

Old 07-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
illuminated entry system with delayed fade-out(door operated) not thru key-fob is standard.
Remote keyless entry is standard with selective door unlocking--unlocking with key-fob should illuminate the interior and be visible at night.

autodimming electrochromatic inside mirror,auto on/off headlights, homelink, bose, dual air, onte touch windows, reclining rear seatbacks, driver seat memory, surnroof, entry/exit assist seat is part of PREMIUM PACKAGE

Looks like you have the sport-tuned suspension package with the 5 spoke wheels, sport-tuned shocks/springs

Good luck.

btw--tint your windows and go 5% on rear and you won't need that dimming feature.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Texan1
illuminated entry system with delayed fade-out(door operated) not thru key-fob is standard.
Remote keyless entry is standard with selective door unlocking--unlocking with key-fob should illuminate the interior and be visible at night.

autodimming electrochromatic inside mirror,auto on/off headlights, homelink, bose, dual air, onte touch windows, reclining rear seatbacks, driver seat memory, surnroof, entry/exit assist seat is part of PREMIUM PACKAGE

Looks like you have the sport-tuned suspension package with the 5 spoke wheels, sport-tuned shocks/springs

Good luck.

btw--tint your windows and go 5% on rear and you won't need that dimming feature.
Thanks, i guess is the premium package that is missing, i see that these features are included in the Premium Package A for the 2006 model year.I guess i have to go back to the dealership....and get a new one

Old 07-26-2006, 12:21 AM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by zulu789
Thanks, i guess is the premium package that is missing, i see that these features are included in the Premium Package A for the 2006 model year.I guess i have to go back to the dealership....and get a new one

I say, drive your current G--for a year, sell it and get a late 2007 G sedan

Old 07-26-2006, 12:24 AM
#1 mistake: you bought an 04 base model for 22gs with 35k miles.

my suggestion: take those 22gs throw it on a fully loaded 06 and do a 3yr lease.
you can do a 2g down and pay like 550 a month and still have money left over in the end.

i honestly think what you did was a waste of money. should have stuck with your old car.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:26 AM
i have strippie, its fine, i like being in control of the lights myself, my last car had the auto feature i never used it. the adjustable mirror is nice, my last car had that, but sometimes the automatic mirror would dim too much when it is still light out and makes things look dark. i personally didn't notice the dome light. I like not having a sunroof, it makes the car lighter and more torsionally rigid. the only thing that's a real problem is the headlights are pretty weak. i never testdrove the car at night and i expected xenon lights to look like those on lexus, bmw and mercedes, instead the lights still look yellowish. also, i don't have the bose, which is fine, b/c bose sucks. the only thing i really wish i had gotten, was the nav, but i would have gotten all the other options i didn't want.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
22k for a 04 base with 30k miles is pretty high IMO...i got my new 05 for 27K before ttl and 30K out the door including the 3year apr of 1.95%...

Old 07-26-2006, 12:33 AM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by j12baller
#1 mistake: you bought an 04 base model for 22gs with 35k miles.

my suggestion: take those 22gs throw it on a fully loaded 06 and do a 3yr lease.
you can do a 2g down and pay like 550 a month and still have money left over in the end.

i honestly think what you did was a waste of money. should have stuck with your old car.
r u crazy. A lease is a waste of money. What do you have to show for when you turn the lease car in--mileage, damage fees...bahhh

How can you say he should have kept his previous car, when you don't even know what it was and whether it was reliable or not?
Owning a vehicle is just that, OMG, you actually might own the foking thing when you pay it off and drive a car with no car payment.

B4 you give him the fake "I am a baller because I am driving a new leased porsche 911 twin turbo for $1400/mo in Los Angeles, but I am really a broke **** bittch speech"--you should calm down a bit.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:39 AM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin
i have strippie, its fine, i like being in control of the lights myself, my last car had the auto feature i never used it. the adjustable mirror is nice, my last car had that, but sometimes the automatic mirror would dim too much when it is still light out and makes things look dark. i personally didn't notice the dome light. I like not having a sunroof, it makes the car lighter and more torsionally rigid. the only thing that's a real problem is the headlights are pretty weak. i never testdrove the car at night and i expected xenon lights to look like those on lexus, bmw and mercedes, instead the lights still look yellowish. also, i don't have the bose, which is fine, b/c bose sucks. the only thing i really wish i had gotten, was the nav, but i would have gotten all the other options i didn't want.
Bose is decent, my friend.
If you have a base model(not G35 sport sedan leather option), you don't have HID xenon lights( blueishh color). You have Halogen lights(yellowish).

Last edited by Texan1; 07-26-2006 at 12:42 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New owner ..not thrilled and Hello