G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

All G35x owners, please read!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All G35x owners, please read!

I have a 2005 g35x with a few modifications, all of which have been on the car for some time now. I have recently noticed a pretty significant vibration in the engine that causes an unsmooth ride, vibration in the steering wheel, mirrors and an empty passenger seat. I brought the car to my local Infiniti dealership (Inskip Infiniti in Warwick, RI, excellent service, extremely knowledgable tech, and a very dillegent worker). They worked several days troubleshooting the vibrations. The wheels are perfectly balanced, and factory. All aftermarket mods were replaced by stock. The car was test driven, and still has a noticable vibration. The final drive was replaced, to no avail. The rotors were replaced, to no avail.

Here's my question: THe tech called Infiniti tech service. They said a vibration in all g35x's is NORMAL. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't agree that this is normal, else i would have noticed this problem long before now.

Any ideas?

Old 08-08-2006, 01:47 PM
My 05 X also has a vibration. What I have noticed is that it's varied in it's frequency, speed, and occurrence. i am going to replace tires to see if I can get it to go away. In previous cars that I have owned, it has turned out to be a driveline issue with a U Joint going or a drive shaft being out of balance. Keep us posted on what you find out, and I'll do the same.
Ct..

Old 08-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I have an 04 X and have not noticed any vibration.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:57 PM
My 04 X had it at high speed (>85mph) when I bought it. I refused to accept it, and they went through the tires from 8 different new G 35s from their inventory before they got a set with no vibes. I hated driving my new car that fast before break-in (yeah, right!), but it was essential to get vibration-free tires. Salesman and service manager both agreed that the X was subject to vibration without perfectly balanced tires. YMMV, but I suspect tires.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
No vibration in our 05 X with +27,000 miles on the clock. I have run 16, 17, 18" tires and it was still vibration free.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Lords47
I have a 2005 g35x with a few modifications, all of which have been on the car for some time now. I have recently noticed a pretty significant vibration in the engine that causes an unsmooth ride, vibration in the steering wheel, mirrors and an empty passenger seat. I brought the car to my local Infiniti dealership (Inskip Infiniti in Warwick, RI, excellent service, extremely knowledgable tech, and a very dillegent worker). They worked several days troubleshooting the vibrations. The wheels are perfectly balanced, and factory. All aftermarket mods were replaced by stock. The car was test driven, and still has a noticable vibration. The final drive was replaced, to no avail. The rotors were replaced, to no avail.

Here's my question: THe tech called Infiniti tech service. They said a vibration in all g35x's is NORMAL. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't agree that this is normal, else i would have noticed this problem long before now.

Any ideas?
You bet - since day one. I've had the tires [Michelin Pilot MXM4's] replaced and all the rims - still the vibration exist and gets worse as you go faster, especially above 85 MPH.

There are a-lot of issues that can cause this other than tires and rims, but if this is indeed specific to the X, then that would isolate it to the ATTEAS hardware somewhere, or the modified front suspension to accommodate this setup.

...or the dolts the dealer cannot balance tires properly, but they spent some $$$ replacing all my rims and tires so it’s their problem to figure out.

Last edited by RLampke; 08-08-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Only vibratation I get is from my stero lol. I only have rattle on my front passenger seat when no ones in it.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Just got back from the dealership. They swapped out a different set of rims off a new car, took it for a test drive, still a vibration. They swapped out the drive shaft, same thing.

They said they are going to have an Infiniti engineer come down and take a look at it. There aren't too many more parts that could be swapped out to troubleshoot. I still find it hard to believe that every X has this problem, and should be considered normal. I have 18000 miles, i only started noticing it this bad about 1000 miles ago, so it definately didn't come this way.

THey did swap out the final drive shaft (differential)... they said it was shaking and humming quite a bit. I do notice a difference, it is better, but not where i expect it to be at after paying $36K for a car.

Thanks for all your responses, and i'll def keep you posted and let you know what the engineer says. Hopefully it'll be better than their helpline "It's normal"

Old 08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have about 13k miles on my 05x. On my way to Boston this past weekend I noticed some minor vibration too when I took it up close to 90mph. Never felt the vibration before and this was the first time. I thought maybe the road was a bit bumpy. Then again, I had my springs swapped twice as well as two alignment lately, so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Lip
18000 miles on my 05 X and I don't have a vibration unless on certain types of pavement. So I'm in the clear for now. My car was built in late 2004

Old 08-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my 05x on stock 17's and 19" summer 245/40 and no vibrations.
vehcle has been brought to 140 on both tires without anything unusual. above 4k a little vibration is nothing bad.

the only problem i have is rough shifts from 2-3

Old 08-08-2006, 07:39 PM
No bad vibes emanating from my '05 G35X. It has about 21,000 miles is all stock with original tires but the front brakes and rotors were replaced at 17,000.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I have an 05 g35x with almost 19K miles and get no noticeable vibration so it can't be normal. It seems that "normal" is Infiniti's usual response when they don't know how to fix a problem. I had to deal with that answer when my brakes were grinding and my rotors were badly scored after only 5,000 miles and again after only 1,000 miles after they replaced them. This is not what I expected from a luxury car and despite actually loving the car will never buy another Infiniti again as they don't know how to treat their customers. They should really take a lesson from Lexus as they seem to have it right.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm glad to see that I am not the only one bringing my 2005 G35x to Inskip for problems. However, I'm done having them try to fix the rattles and break squeaks. I seriously don't think I will buy another Infiniti...my Maxima was so trouble-free for six years, and my Infiniti (one year) is a rattling nightmare. So sad.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 05X with 33,500 miles has no vibrations either with the factory 17's or my aftermarket 18's. I did change brake pads on my own long before the factory ones wore out but that was more to stop the brake dust before putting on the new summer rims. That's worked great. Still no vibrations from the original brake discs and none from the tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: All G35x owners, please read!