G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 Base Leather or Acura TSX?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35 Base Leather or Acura TSX?

I looked at many forums and many of the people where saying why get a TSX when you can get a Accord V6 coupe full loaded for the same price as a TSX base or a Accord V6 sedan for even cheaper. The Accord is bigger faster and cheaper to maintain. But I rather take the G35 since its better in many ways.

Old 10-18-2003, 04:49 AM

Have you looked at a side by side comparison of both?

http://www.carsdirect.com/researchcenter/research_compare?cat=all&acodes=USB40ACC121A0,USB4 0INC081C0

Old 10-18-2003, 11:42 AM

"Can anyone point me to the right direction of my next purchase of a midsize family sports sedan? Besides the obvious HP differences and of course the TSX fix my budget perfectly, thanks. "

I would hardly consider the TSX a midsize car, to me that's more of a compact car. If you have a family it's probably going to be too small. I'm sure it must have a great chassis and Honda shifting has always been great, but the car is small and a bit too slow for me. The G is much larger and should prove to be more exhilarating to drive. If your on a budget I agree with deadmanincbh about the Accord unless your shooting for something a bit more upscale.

IMO the G seems to make the most sense for balancing size, performance and price.

Good luck.

On Order:
"04 G35S 6MT Diamond Graphite, Full Aero, Navi, Sirius, Winter
Coming Mid October (Hopefully)

Old 10-18-2003, 11:59 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well considering I have a G and this is a G forum im not gonna tell u to get one over another but get the G My friend jsut got a new 6 speed TSX is beautiful but SLOW as hell I raced him and all I saw was his little headlights and i was only in third yes he is a good driver too, and i drove it and it was SO SLOW... So both are beatiful but performance the TSX really lacks... your choice!!!

Wat'ssss Realllyyyy Goooodddd!!!!!

Old 10-19-2003, 02:35 AM

I was in the same boat about 3 months ago. I actually had my mind set on the TSX (6-speed with nav). I had driven both the 6-speed and automatic and like the way the car felt with both transmissions. However, I missed the days of driving my S2000 (which I traded for a 2003 Jetta GLX) and wanted a slick-shifting manual for the car that was to replace the Jetta GLX with its slow-shifting Tiptronic transmission. I also enjoyed the TSX's firm and responsive suspension, the high-quality and simple interior, and the excellent gauges.

Then my brother suggested the G35 which my wife and I actually drove when it first became available (and we loved it then). I didn't think much about the G35 mainly because it was a few thousand more than the TSX but with Infiniti offering 2.9% financing at the time and the ability to get a G35 at $500 over invoice really narrowed the price difference.

At that point, it became obvious which car suited our needs better. Coming from the cramped Jetta which was too small to fit a child seat, the G35 was like a limo. This was very important although the TSX had enough room for the child seat too. Then taking into consideration the performance advantage of the G35 over the TSX along with Infiniti's better reputation for customer service (and loaner cars) was the icing on the cake.

I know I made the right choice but I have to admit that the TSX has a few advantages over the G35: better quality interior, better fit and finish, smoother shifter, and better gauges (more visible).

<font color=red>2003.5 Garnet Fire/Graphite G35 6MT Sedan</font color=red>
Premium Package • Navigation • Winter Package • Aero Package • 350Z intake duct • Stillen high-flow airbox

Old 10-20-2003, 11:40 AM

Thanks you all for all your suggestions. I just check out the G35 with my wife last weekend and we decided to go with G35 Sedan. Now we just need to find out where can you find one with best deal. If anyone knows please let me know, thanks.

~ GT-R the Ultimate Driving Machine ~

Old 10-20-2003, 09:21 PM

Well let's start out with, where do you live? Then, what specs, packages, colors, etc?