G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan
View Poll Results: What is the best supercharger for my car?
Stillen stage 2
49.56%
Kinetix
1.77%
Vortech
48.67%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Supercharged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ekryski
like ttrank said... the stillen charger will give you more torque right off the get go (for quicker acceleration) while the vortech doesn't get there until about 3-4000 rpm but then it really gets going. The vortech puts out more horsepowere at the top end. A Greddy twin turbo puts out the most hp.

That being said.... the stillen stage 1 or 2 (not sure) puts up the same quarter mile time as the greddy and is just a tenth of a second behind the vortech. So if you were to go for a stage 3 or 4 stillen then you will blow all those away. Unless someone has a revamped engine and a tuned twin turbo you will smoke them. Especially off the line. One problem some people have had is losing traction off the line with the stillen supercharger because there is so much torque at 1000 rpm. Hope that helps.

I would go with stillen. They specialize in the g and 350z.

THAT'S GOOD INFO. THANX

Old 09-19-2006, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In terms of reliablilty, for everyday driving, would the Stillen be better then the Vortech? I'm also considering FI, but I've always looked in to turbo but shying away from it since it seems like it could be much higher maintenance. But it seems like SC doesn't have the same output as TT.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
The stillen is one of the best for reliability and everyday driving.

The SC will not have the output of a TT. It is also less expensive and a lot easier to install. You get what you pay for.

In my opinion the JWT TT kit is the best kit on the market. It has almost no turbo lag at all, makes a ton of power, is not as hard on your engine at the same boost level as a SC (because you loose some power turning a SC).
But, it is way more money to buy and have installed.

I chose the Stillen because I could do the install myself and it is a blast for the daily driver who does not want to rev the crap out of their car to be in boost. I love that I can be cruising around @2500rpm and the second I hit the gas my car takes off like a rocket. Speaking of a rocket, the sound is sooo sweet. I have thought about a TT kit but giving up that sound is hard to do.

And for those of you who want the roots style boost and the sound of a Stillen but may want more power down the road (above stage 4) the answer may be on the way...

Old 09-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
The stillen is one of the best for reliability and everyday driving.

The SC will not have the output of a TT. It is also less expensive and a lot easier to install. You get what you pay for.

In my opinion the JWT TT kit is the best kit on the market. It has almost no turbo lag at all, makes a ton of power, is not as hard on your engine at the same boost level as a SC (because you loose some power turning a SC).
But, it is way more money to buy and have installed.

I chose the Stillen because I could do the install myself and it is a blast for the daily driver who does not want to rev the crap out of their car to be in boost. I love that I can be cruising around @2500rpm and the second I hit the gas my car takes off like a rocket. Speaking of a rocket, the sound is sooo sweet. I have thought about a TT kit but giving up that sound is hard to do.

And for those of you who want the roots style boost and the sound of a Stillen but may want more power down the road (above stage 4) the answer may be on the way...
hey ttrank quick question, how hard was the install? how many hours? im getting mine (stillen) around jan-feb cant wait!!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Grocery getter

I think it took me ~12-14 hours taking my time. That includes all the usual breaks and a trip to the parts store.

It was not hard to do, just don't rush it. The instructions are good.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 PM
fill us in bro...

Old 09-19-2006, 07:03 PM
I think it took me ~12-14 hours taking my time. That includes all the usual breaks and a trip to the parts store.

It was not hard to do, just don't rush it. The instructions are good.

thanx man had a tough time selling the SC to my wife, but its all done, i already started saving

Old 09-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by mackinnr
fill us in bro...

I will as soon as I can. I hope within the next 60-90 days.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by driguez
thanx man had a tough time selling the SC to my wife, but its all done, i already started saving
You won't regret it!

Old 09-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Vortech..???

Hey guys, I just recieved an email less that a month ago that Stillen just made their supercharger for the Rev-up engine available. Which is good news! But, I thought Vortech didn't make a supercharger for the Sedan..?? Only for the coupe. I thought I read a post on this before..not sure. Any info. on Vortech..?? How bout Procharger..?? As far as a TT system, JWT is the way to go. Check out Violentracing.com out of California. Check out the hp @ the wheels they're getting out of their G's & Z's. They use JWT kits with Garrett turbos.... Awesome..!! Plus, I saw them in action at California Speedway. There was a track event back in July. G's, Z's, Evo's, Ferrari, Z06, Viper. VRT G's & Z's smoked them all..!!! No B.S. !! Check out the Videos on their web site... see ya..!!

Old 09-20-2006, 12:29 AM

Would this be an upgrade to the Stillen Stage 4 or a completely new beast...meaning should one currently hold off on a Stillen Stage 2 purchase until the new release?

Old 09-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by Gspott
Hey guys, I just recieved an email less that a month ago that Stillen just made their supercharger for the Rev-up engine available. Which is good news! But, I thought Vortech didn't make a supercharger for the Sedan..?? Only for the coupe. I thought I read a post on this before..not sure. Any info. on Vortech..?? How bout Procharger..?? As far as a TT system, JWT is the way to go. Check out Violentracing.com out of California. Check out the hp @ the wheels they're getting out of their G's & Z's. They use JWT kits with Garrett turbos.... Awesome..!! Plus, I saw them in action at California Speedway. There was a track event back in July. G's, Z's, Evo's, Ferrari, Z06, Viper. VRT G's & Z's smoked them all..!!! No B.S. !! Check out the Videos on their web site... see ya..!!

The Vortech also fits the sedan. They make one for the rev-up. You would need to confirm with them that it also fits the sedan but I know the others do.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
The Vortech also fits the sedan. They make one for the rev-up. You would need to confirm with them that it also fits the sedan but I know the others do.
Sorry, not sure I quite understand. What do you mean by the others..?? Also, where did you hear that it fit the sedan..?? Just curious... thanks..!

Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 PM
from the sedan owners that have vortechs...

he meant the 03-04 sedans have a vortech that fits.

and that he's not sure if the sc for the revup fits in the 05-06's.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:36 PM
I read somewhere that the new GTI has a supercharged and turbocharged engine that they call twincharged - wonder what that's like...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharged