G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

may have problems with the car, need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
may have problems with the car, need help

1) when i stop the car on D but not moving, i can hear weird spinning noise maybe from the timebelt in the front of the car?

2) when i go over a big bump, my rear suspension gets squeeky. Does this mean i need to replace the shocks?

thx

Old 09-30-2006, 09:25 PM
so 22 views and no one can even give me a hint?

Old 09-30-2006, 09:39 PM
i have the same problem and questions about the squaking of the rear when i go over a bump, also my seat is beginning to squeak when i sit on it or move in it, any suggestions anyone???

Old 09-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
spinning noise could be anything. water pump, radiator fan, torque converted. best thing to do is get a friend and while one of you is in the car the other one look in the hood.

as for the squeeking noise may not be the shocks. on the springs there is like a rubber dampner i believe of some sort if that wears out it can cause squeeking. Most likely coming from the springs

Old 09-30-2006, 11:43 PM
^^ the squeaking is most likely a bushing.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:41 AM
See if the noise in the engine gets worse with the AC on. If so, the AC pulley may be bad. This is a common problem with the VQ engine.

If your seat is squeeking, you just need to re-torque the four bolts that hold the seat down. To do this, take off the 4 caps that cover the bolts. Loosen all four bolts and then re-tighten in a criss cross pattern. I had the exact problem last week and the squeeking went away.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:32 AM
I don't know about the noise from the engine. Can you be more specific? noise worse when engine is cold? You may need to investigate more with a friend as jjyellow suggested. Or wait to see if the noise gets worse, which may be a bad sign but it'll help you pinpoint the problem better. Sometimes these little noises get fixed on their own...too much humidity or dry air, who knows..
I have the same problem with my rear sedan's rear suspension; it makes a soft noise when I go over the bumps, but it's hasn't gotten worse, so I left alone. The problem may also be from the rear door. Check out the folowing links to infinitihelp.com: http://www.infinitihelp.com/ and
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-034.htm
They have lots of bulletins and recalls depending on the year of your car.

Trending Topics

Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by afar1
I don't know about the noise from the engine. Can you be more specific? noise worse when engine is cold? You may need to investigate more with a friend as jjyellow suggested. Or wait to see if the noise gets worse, which may be a bad sign but it'll help you pinpoint the problem better. Sometimes these little noises get fixed on their own...too much humidity or dry air, who knows..
I have the same problem with my rear sedan's rear suspension; it makes a soft noise when I go over the bumps, but it's hasn't gotten worse, so I left alone. The problem may also be from the rear door. Check out the folowing links to infinitihelp.com: http://www.infinitihelp.com/ and
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-034.htm
They have lots of bulletins and recalls depending on the year of your car.

regarding the engine noise. I hear it every time i stop at the red light so the engine is warmed up pretty well. It just sounds like a belt that is lose. Thats why i thought it may be the timing belt but then, does that get replaced at 60k and my car only has about 28k. This happens everyday, so I dont even know if this is normal or not?

Regarding the noise from the rear suspension. Its has nothing to do with the windows or the door because the noise isnt from there. When I go over a bump, it sounds you are opening a extremely old door and the hinge is making that EEERRRR sound.

1 more problem that I forgot about. When i first start the car, and just about to make a left or right out of my garage, the front or under the car makes a :BONNNINgg: noise. This is so annoying and it was always there when I first got the car. THe noise only happens the first 1 or 2 mins after i leave my garage

Old 10-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by bbug
See if the noise in the engine gets worse with the AC on. If so, the AC pulley may be bad. This is a common problem with the VQ engine.

If your seat is squeeking, you just need to re-torque the four bolts that hold the seat down. To do this, take off the 4 caps that cover the bolts. Loosen all four bolts and then re-tighten in a criss cross pattern. I had the exact problem last week and the squeeking went away.

Nothing to do with the a/c because i tried turning it off and on. The noise is still there when i stop the car and the car is on D.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by kwiniarz
^^ the squeaking is most likely a bushing.
is this under warranty?

can i visit any infiniti dealer with in the 40k warranty mileage period?

I moved, so i gotta goto another deal but they probably wont give me a loaner

Old 10-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have same squeaking problem