G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2007 G35 Sedan, I saw it, I saw it!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 G35 Sedan, I saw it, I saw it!!!

Hi all,
Last Saturday I went to Infiniti of Coconut Creek (south Florida) to get my car washed. While I was there I started talking to one of the service guys there about cars in general, and off course the new G35 came into the conversation. After a while talking about it, he very hush hush (BS) told me that he had one in a warehouse in the back of the dealer. He told me that they had to keep it covered but that he could show me the wheels. So I said: "What the hell! Lets go check out the wheels."

To my pleasant surprise, the manager of the store was inside the car with a customer that was placing an order, and even better, the engine was running! the exhaust note was pretty much the same (not 100% the same though, I like the current note better). The outside was just like the one of the pictures going around, so no surprise there. But I got to see the interior of the car for the first time.

Now, that was a shocker. The sucker was beautiful! It looks a lot like the M, it is a total redesign for the G. The dash lights went from plain orange (which I like) to white, blue and some red. The seats are a lot more comfortable, and it now has that leg extension that you can adjust (on the seat just below your legs) to add support to your legs (like BMW). Also, the width of the seats are adjustable, at least the driver side was. May be it is my imagination, but the leather felt much softer than my 2006 G, and it was not as dark as mine (black).

The headlights have also changed, they look a bit different but not better or worse. This car also has the CD changer relocated back to the trunk and it blocks access to the trunk a bit. I am sorry I cannot be more detailed but that is all I can give for now (my memory fails me).

My overall impression is that Infiniti has outdone itself and has come up with a much more appealing (to me) product. The craftmanship looks very solid and it is very well designed. If you are looking to buy a new sedan soon, wait to get this after the craze has passed. The sales manager told me that at first this car may be selling for 2k to 3k over invoice, so I would wait a bit until things settle down.

Overall I am very impressed with this new car and I just wanted to share my excitement with all of you Sedan people (I am a Coupe guy).

Later all and happy driving.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i saw the same silver one hidden back there and soooo filthy! my servie advisor (jose) he took me back there with no hesitation i also saw the that bright garnet red at the auto show...looked good!

Old 10-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw one in West Chester, PA. I had to wait for it to come back from a drive. I then got the key, sat down and start playing with the Navi and another sales rep came out and took it for a drive. I didn't drive it or look at it too much but it looked nice!

Old 10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Yes, the interior is awesome. I got to sit in one last week when I went to pick up some parts from Chad at Infiniti of Riverside. The drivers position is ideal. The steering wheel is something typically reserved for Ferrari's. The back seat was tighter than the current version but as mentioned, the overall quality is superb. I told the sales manager that he should expect the M sales to plummet.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah I saw one at Rivierside as well.... I also was picking up parts from Chad. =) the interior is awesome.. I love the seats... space seems a bit tighter in the back for sure.. but the front seats grip so well... Now I want one!

Old 10-16-2006, 11:25 AM
I saw one in Warwick, RI and was completely sold on it. I was tossed about the interior, but after seeing it in person, its amazing. They may have even taken me for a lil' ride in the parking lot (but thats just a rumor hehehe). I can say tho.... holy butt dyno! This one was blue with stone interior. The chrome lip spoiler wasn't as bad as everything is making it out to be. I thought the sound system sounded pretty good, but I didn't go crazy with it. The seats had adjustable width on your back and butt, so you can snug yourself in as loose or tight as you want. the paddles were tons of fun, and the gauges look AMAZING!!!!

Sorry bout the pic quality, its a camera phone...

Old 10-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
RI in the house! i was born in pawtucket, lived in warwick and providence till i was 4

anyway the windshield-dash area seemed a little bloated, reminds me of the new is350...

Old 10-16-2006, 11:37 AM
I drove it on Sat. haha We have one at Inskip Infiniti it's the G35s, let me tell you it has ***** you feel the 306 hp rushing through your brain. The paddle shift is very responsive on the steering wheel. I love the interior, they change the swithches to adjust the seat on the side, and also added adjustments for the bottom and back. The touch screen is a real plus or you can use vocie command. O ya and two air intakes... Dual exhaust sounds ok I would love to hear it with an aftermarket exhaust. If your near Inskip stop by and take a look it's worth it. O ya your probably wondering how I got to drive it well it's always a plus when your the parts manager...

Old 10-16-2006, 11:59 AM
So much for keeping it a secret about who took me out for a whip around the parking lot.....

Old 10-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Ya after you left I took it out again up Rt.2 That's were I really got on it!!
You missed it Ryan....

Originally Posted by Lords47
So much for keeping it a secret about who took me out for a whip around the parking lot.....

Old 10-16-2006, 01:57 PM
D'oh! Maybe if you really wanna test it out, you could bring it down here to Newport..... I hear Coddington's brewery is open

Old 10-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Lip

Very nice looking color

Old 10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by chobble19
i saw the same silver one hidden back there and soooo filthy! my servie advisor (jose) he took me back there with no hesitation i also saw the that bright garnet red at the auto show...looked good!
Right, I know Jose. I have been talking to him about forced induction. He referred me to Bill at Coconut Creek Infiniti, he is supposed to be a guru on that stuff.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fcarpio
Right, I know Jose. I have been talking to him about forced induction. He referred me to Bill at Coconut Creek Infiniti, he is supposed to be a guru on that stuff.

Bill is one of my buddies. You want to go for a fast ride...ask him about his 8 sec lincoln Mark VII! It's got a stroked 351 with a 400 shot!!!!

Old 10-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
Bill is one of my buddies. You want to go for a fast ride...ask him about his 8 sec lincoln Mark VII! It's got a stroked 351 with a 400 shot!!!!
Oh, boy! I definitely will, hopefully he will not be too busy to agree for the ride

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G35 Sedan, I saw it, I saw it!!!