G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Can't Make Up My Mind

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't Make Up My Mind

Hey guys! Been surfing around the forum for some time but haven't posted anything cos I haven't got a car. Really love the forum, a lot of real interesting discussions regarding a car I really really like, the G35!

I'm actually trying to make a decision on the G35 and was wondering if I could get opinions. I really want the G35 6spd Sedan, but delivery won't be until March/April/May. The G35 Auto is great but I know I'll regret buying it when the 6spd comes out.

Now there's the FX35/45 coming out end of this week and I think the car is drop dead gorgeous. Just wanted to hear some opinions on what car would you choose, the G35 Auto or the FX35 (45 is out of the question for me... too bad huh?) and why?

Old 01-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Re: Can't Make Up My Mind

this all depends on who you are and what you really want. the G and the FX are two different class of cars. the G sedan is for the person who loves performance, but is also conservative enough to want a 4 door vehicle (for the kids and whatnot).. but you're not giving up too much on fun factor as opposed to a coupe..
the FX definitely has performance. i guess you're going for 35 so it will be similar to the G rather than the M45.. so difference in the engine isn't the factor..
personally, i use to have an SUV.. loved it but wanted something smaller and more "sporty".. i love the G, but knew i had to give up a lot of "cargo" room..
i think the FX series, being a crossover vehicle, does a good job at bringing the two together.. of course the FX won't be quite as nimble as the G, nor as spacious as a true SUV, but you get a good combination of the two... so if you experience is anything like me, the FX seems like a good choice. if you're looking for "sport" all the way, then go for the G..but i figure you're wanting "space" since you chose the sedan as one of your options rather than the coupe.. you can't really go wrong with either, IMO.
good luck.

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 01-22-2003, 10:38 AM

KG pretty much summed it up, I had similiar delima before I bought my G. then I figured if I bought a suv, it's like driving my wife's minivan,no fun at all. I settled with a G35 sedan b/c
3 boys need some fun to ride with me too. A/T with manual shift is perfer compromise for me after 13 years M/T driving. my 2 cents

Silver/Graphite/Premium/Sports/Winter and love it

Old 01-22-2003, 12:04 PM

I personally love my G... Ive never test drove in a FX before though..

..pestilence..

Old 01-22-2003, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm probably going to go and test the FX35 when it comes out this weekend. It's not the space that's a factor. I just figure that if i wanted a sedan, I'd prefer a manual tranny over an auto. So if I were to get an auto tranny I'd go for an SUV. Since the FX35 is more of a crossover I guess I get the best of both worlds. Size and performance (although performance doesn't match that of the G35 of course, it's close enough I hope).

I guess it all comes down to actually seeing the FX35 when it comes out and trying it out. Thanks for the help guys! =)

Old 01-23-2003, 01:38 AM

however, the FX is going to cost a lot more than the G.... comparably equpped, the FX35 can go into the $40000 region..... while the G tops out at around $36000... unless you opt for the bodykit, of course....

Old 01-23-2003, 03:08 AM

I had the same problem as you... either wait for the 6MT G35 Sedan or buy a car that is out now.... I chose the G35, even tho I have to wait until April/May to get it... figure waiting several months will make me appreciate it even more.

Old 01-23-2003, 05:47 AM

The FX is sweet but I'd be really surprised if it handles/performs nearly as well as the G. The two are very different packages so you'll have to make up your own mind. If it's any consolation, auto trannys typically have higher resale values.

HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels