G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

USED G buyers, did you get old maintenance records???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question USED G buyers, did you get old maintenance records???

I don't know if this is normal, but of the 10-15 or so used GsI've checked out somewhat, NONE have full service records at Infiniti, and only ONE has 30% of his oil change receipts. I feel like I'm going to have to wait forever to find a g with complete maintenance record. You guys who bought used, did you insist on receipts or just didn't bother if the inspection went well? Waiting and waiting and waiting...

Old 11-13-2006, 09:11 PM
I just got my G and luckily I knew someone that got me all the records. You should just make friends with a service advisor at Infiniti and have them get the records for you...

The only down side is if any service was done outside an Infiniti dealer...luckily mine was all done at the dealer...

Good Luck...

Old 11-13-2006, 09:11 PM
when i bought my car it didn't have service records. i did get a carfax and it showed no accidents. i had a friend who is a mechanic check the car from top to bottom. he confirmed there were no accidents and the car drove as if it was brand new.

best thing to do is bring it to a mechanic and have the car checked out from top to bottom, make sure it is someone you can trust ie friend. they could check if it was any accidents and give you a good idea of how well the car was maintained.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:32 PM
With a used g35, after 60k miles, most owners do not take it to the dealership for service or repair. You can have the dealership look up the car's service + repair records, for me personally, the less repair record the better, and for service record, from new to 60k miles, g35 does not really takes that much service at all, so you will not likely get many service records to begin with.
I know the Infiniti dealership will do a 15 points checkup and will let you know what needed replace for a fees, they quoted me $120 but charged $45 at the end.
If you buy from private seller, you can ask for service receipts, but I think a mechanic/dealership checkup is the best way, since you cannot rely on what seller says.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
no records from my previous owner but like the other guy said... you can call infiniti service depts and they will usually let you know.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I got my 03.5 G used from a private seller who did not retain service records but stated that the car was taken only to the Infiniti dealer for service work and oil changes. I called up the dealer service dept. and confirmed those findings. However, I found out after my first car wash that the passenger headlamp looked hazy and a bit cloudy (took most of it off with Meguiar's Scratch-X), while the driver headlamp looked almost brand-spanking new (i.e. crystal clear when HID is turned on). I also found out that the driver side door edge has some very small spider-web cracks and a small crease, so it appears to be that my car my have been involved with an accident on at least the driver side. Which sucks 'cause now I've had the car for more than 2 months, and I surely missed the right time to tell the previous owner about this finding on the G35

Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 AM
I've always taken my G35 to the local Nissan dealer for servicing and now I bring it to a local mechanic who is a friend of the family. I don't personally care to hold on to the records because it's a lease so it makes no difference to me but if you need the reassurance and the control over the maintenance of a car throughout it's lifetime I think you would be happiest with a new car even if it's not the G35. The new Maxima has a lot of the same features that my car has now...

Old 11-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Not one past record was handed to me,even though the dealer claims they did all the service work on the car.I have asked repeatedly for old records.Even the Chrysler dealer came through for me in this regard.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought used, ran a carfax and it was clean. Later found out that the car had been in an accident. Oh well, I've put many miles on the thing since buying it and it's given me no problems at all. No big deal to me...

Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Mine is for sale and I have all records, etc.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:30 PM
What car are you moving into Cheryl?

Old 11-14-2006, 09:43 PM
My horns hold up my halo
If I can get this one sold, I'm planning to order an '07. I just hope I can sell this one before they stop taking orders on them. lol I don't know anyone who has had much luck selling any of their cars themselves so I'm a little pessimistic.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:38 PM
when I traded my first G35X in, I handed over all the service records as well as repair records from the accident. I actually met the new owner as she was picking it up, and made sure she knew it had been in an accident (score points for the dealer being honest!) Kash

Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Wow all you short termer with your G's. Mine's just getting broken in. I'm sure i'll get the chills when I see a new 2007 or a 335 for that matter but I'm so not getting rid of my car until she's got 150k on her. At 36k now after 4 years and just ordered new shoes today!

Old 11-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
another reason a person may not have records is that they are exteme enthusiats like some here who only allow themselves to service their own car