G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Wanted: 20-30 more HP for 2007 G35.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
With the dual intake a TT set-up will be hot!

$4-5k will not cover it but you gotta pay to play

Old 11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
save some money and go TT or NO2

Old 11-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I bet you'll still be able to squeeze that extra power out of the car without going forced induction. There's always compromises with the factory setup. Whether it's emissions, noise or something else, Nissan always has to adhere to other factors than just outright performance.

While the new motor is more efficient than the old ones and shows it with some added horsepower, there's still a lot of areas that can still be improved upon. A lighter flywheel, lighter weight underdrive pullies, a larger diameter exhaust, more aggressive camshafts, etc...

88hp/L at the crankshaft isn't THAT great. Nissan has 4 cylinder motors that have done almost 125hp/L in stock trim... My old Infiniti G20 put down around 110hp/L all motor and that's without a lot of work too.

I can't wait to see what the new motors will do.. the extra revs will help a TON and should really wake the car up.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm still in the break-in period (500 miles today)... have not been over 4K on the tach but a couple times but I can already tell the motor's a good bit stronger than what was in my 03 G35 Sedan.

How about the suspension? I hate to screw with the brakes. They feel good and no brake dust! Sway bars perhaps? Lowering?

Old 11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by 350Zed
Dude... all you need to do is add VTEC!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=igPYdFM8Jjw

[I know it's old, but it's just as funny after seeing it 100 times]

Seriously though... hold out for a supercharger kit!
Very funny tech talk...

Old 11-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Premier Member

Do you have tests of this on the new 07 G35? Please show them. I am really interested in this since your basing this as a fact.

If you don't, please stop with the non-sense.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by EverythingG35
I bet you'll still be able to squeeze that extra power out of the car without going forced induction. There's always compromises with the factory setup. Whether it's emissions, noise or something else, Nissan always has to adhere to other factors than just outright performance.

While the new motor is more efficient than the old ones and shows it with some added horsepower, there's still a lot of areas that can still be improved upon. A lighter flywheel, lighter weight underdrive pullies, a larger diameter exhaust, more aggressive camshafts, etc...

88hp/L at the crankshaft isn't THAT great. Nissan has 4 cylinder motors that have done almost 125hp/L in stock trim... My old Infiniti G20 put down around 110hp/L all motor and that's without a lot of work too.

I can't wait to see what the new motors will do.. the extra revs will help a TON and should really wake the car up.

Tough to compare 4 cylinder peak HP/Liter with a VQ. Low end Torque on those 125HP/L 4 bangers was **** poor and was intended for Sentras etc. The VQ has to move a MUCH heavier car. Put in a cam to approach those peak HP/liter #'s in a G35 and it will be a slug under 5K. Better have a super high stall and/or race clutch. In any event, not very streetable IMO.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Do you have tests of this on the new 07 G35? Please show them. I am really interested in this since your basing this as a fact.

If you don't, please stop with the non-sense.

Originally Posted by DaveB
The intake can't be improved on and if you add the POS POP charger setup, you'll completely loose the pressurization effect at speed (-4hp).
Apparantly you haven't popped the hood on an 07. If you did, you would have seen two large intake openings that pump in ambient air. To replace these intakes with heat ingesting POP chargers would be foolish (just as it is on the 1st gen car).

The intake manifold is a single composite piece so no more spacers or plenum mods.
Nothing to elaborate on here.

The exhaust manifolds are now true headers and the exhaust is close to a true dual.
Nothing to elaborate on here other than we all know a TD exhaust with X-pipe and headers combined may show about 10-12whp with tuning. This car comes with these parts and the tuning. What else can you do to extract power? Please tell me. Pulllies 1-2hp, maybe. Maybe an ECU flash can extract some additional power, but that is most likely a year+ away.

IMO, it's going to be damn hard to squeeze any additional power out of this new motor.
NOTHING was stated as fact hence the "IMO".

Last edited by DaveB; 12-03-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Premier Member

No, actually I have. And I have driven one.

Here is one I looked at under the hood.

We will see if Stillen comes out with a Box that performs like the 1st gen cars. It did perform and it did gain power. Obviously you have no clue on that since you have never owned one.

Clueless one as always.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
We will see if Stillen comes out with a Box that performs like the 1st gen cars. It did perform and it did gain power.
Dynos of the Stillen CAI show no gains. I beg of you and for the good of this site, post up a private party dyno showing gains from a POP or Stillen CAI. If you can't you're just wasting everyone's time.

Like on the 1st gen G, the Stillen CAI takes away all of the natually occuring pressuriation effects of the OEM intake tract because the Stillen is not a true sealed box the OEM piece is. The 2nd gen intake setup relies on this pressuraiztion effect (some call it ram air) to make power at speeds over 60mph. Add the current style Stillen CAI to the 2nd gen car and you loose that additional power. Now if Stillen could design a sealed box with a cone filter (like an S2000 stock intake), there "may" be some gain. The Stillen CAI was a decent try, but they cheaped out and clearly don't understand the true benefits of having a sealed airbox.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Premier Member

Oh really? One dyno. More dynos show gains out there. Why you in such denial? It was in Sport Z Magazine tests even if you want to find dynos. lol.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
$4-5k! Hold off for Stillen or Vortech to make a SC!
It took Stillen TWO FRIGGIN years to make one for the 05' rev up motors.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i call bull**** on those who say CAI do nothing.....maybe not on the dynojet but they sure as hell do something for the butt dyno!....btw...my friend with an 05 350z has an AEM CAI and his dyno shows 12 hp...i know thats a bit much but its on paper

Old 12-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh really? One dyno. More dynos show gains out there. Why you in such denial? It was in Sport Z Magazine tests even if you want to find dynos. lol.
Post them.

BTW, how many weeks will it be until you get a new G35 auto

Old 12-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
i call bull**** on those who say CAI do nothing.....maybe not on the dynojet but they sure as hell do something for the butt dyno!....btw...my friend with an 05 350z has an AEM CAI and his dyno shows 12 hp...i know thats a bit much but its on paper

The original intent of this thread was to ask what to expect for power gains on the '07. Some intakes can make power on the earlier cars, but as efficient and well designed as the '07 is, it will be VERY difficult for aftermarket to improve it.

After all, we're talking about twin induction for a measly 3.5 liters. The amount of VE loss there is negligible compared to the heads/valves. Again, cams and compression will be required to eke out more N/A power here and that comes with a price on pump gas with todays emmision requirements.

Save your tooth fairy money and wait for a good TT kit. Bolt ons are going to be a joke with this one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wanted: 20-30 more HP for 2007 G35.