G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Things i hate about the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jack_burton
where are the fricken rear fold down seats. I can't fit my surfboard dammit
The fold down seat thing bothers me as well.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselX
If you noticed, the arm compartment isnt deep, but you can put something pretty big anyway, the arm rest itself is deep. I have no complaints, I have plenty of room to put all my stuff. I mean really, what do I need to hold there?
+1 again. WTF are you carrying that won't fit in there?

Old 12-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The non-fold down seat bothers me aswell. Especially since I have Premium package, and the seats already move! Ah, why not make em move all the way!

Old 12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by DieselX
The non-fold down seat bothers me aswell. Especially since I have Premium package, and the seats already move! Ah, why not make em move all the way!

^^+1

Old 12-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Having owned the G for the last 3 months so far, here's a list of gripes I have on the car:

- location and design of oil dipstick. Coming from a Lexus ES300 where the dipstick was a straight design and located smack in the center, I just don't understand why Infiniti made such a fandangled design and located it so close to the intake that I get oil on it whenever I pull the dipstick out
- location of air filter. Why is it such a tight fit between the tube and the plenum??
- propping the hood with a bar. My 2001 Lexus had hood struts. Definitely something wrong with this picture.
- accumulated brake dust on the front wheels. I know that can be fixed with aftermarket replacements, but it's annoying and I don't like how this is assimilated to the brakes in a German luxury car.
- crack/gap between the driver seat and the armrest. Drop your keys or change in there? Good luck trying to fish that out
- the center storage door above the console (where the navi would reside). It's not ergonomically designed to open with ease. It would be better if the door was designed with a spring system so that it would be pushed in to open.
- the single U-shaped floor mat in the rear. I'm so used to having two separate floor mats in the rear from my previous car. It's going to take a little while to adjust.
- the fold-down armrest in the rear. Although I like the cupholders integrated to the armrest, I don't like how heavy it feels when pulling it down, and that it doesn't have some sort of attached pull-out tab to make it easier to fold down the armrest.

All gripes aside, the performance and driveability of the G is incomparable to my previous Lexus

Old 12-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Dreamz

Navi unit in the passenger compartment: Why didn't they put it in the trunk? It's a waste of storage space, not like i'm going to take the navi disc out alot. At least you guys w/o navi has that extra compartment.
Actually, us guys w/out the OEM navi. have TWO extra compartments...the navi screen cubby AND the navi unit/drive.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Floyds_racing
I agree just wish they would have left the steering wheel on the right side too!!

hahah you would never be able to go through a drive through though!

Old 12-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by RPL
I agree.

Also, I don't like how the volume for the radio is on the right site of the unit.
obviously an artificat of the RH drive in JAPAN

Old 12-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Actually, us guys w/out the OEM navi. have TWO extra compartments...the navi screen cubby AND the navi unit/drive.
yep i have aftermarket navi anyway, plus 2 extra compartments, worked out kinda nicely

Old 12-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I hate the size of the rear view mirror with Homelink. Every stop sign I've got to peek under it to make sure there isn't a car/kid on bike there. I've got a Lexus RX300 with the Homelink on the visor and it's much better.

And I agree on the dipstick. It's like they say about a camel: It looks like it was designed by a committee.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by infini_
Thats what you get for Made in Japan.... lol.... they are Right hand drive.... and believe it or not Infiniti redisigned the minimum things it had to in order to sell it in US
Actually, the volume **** on the right is fine cuz you can rest your forearm on the autostick and adjust the volume to the level of your liking. If the volume **** is on the left side, it is closer but then you have to dangle your arm mid-air during adjustment. Besides, it lets the passenger adjust the volume easily on the right side since the driver should use the steering wheel audio control buttons anyway.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by bert039
hahah you would never be able to go through a drive through though!
yeah you can! In reverse.

The hood prop is another thing that i don't understand.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Dreamz
yeah you can! In reverse.

The hood prop is another thing that i don't understand.
Infiniti went with a hood prop to prevent inattentive hood closers from BENDING their aluminum hoods over pnuematic support arms. That's my understanding. Makes sense to me.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:26 AM
The thermostat control, why can't the temp being lower than 60 when I just want the vent on?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things i hate about the G