G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Car pulls to the right...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
I never had this problem until about a month ago..
and trust me.. drifting to the right is ok, understandable..
but basically my steering wheel is not center and i have to jerk my steering wheel a little left every 2 seconds..
i have the alignment printout and it is almost right on the dot.. but the car still pulls..

car is new right? if you have to fight to have it go straight, than that is messed up!

Old 12-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
I never had this problem until about a month ago..
and trust me.. drifting to the right is ok, understandable..
but basically my steering wheel is not center and i have to jerk my steering wheel a little left every 2 seconds..
i have the alignment printout and it is almost right on the dot.. but the car still pulls..
Same here. Have about 3000 miles on my 06 X. It started "pulling" to the right a few weeks ago. But that's not acceptable and understandable to me.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a huuuuuuuuge difference between pulling to the right and drifting to the right. The drift is normal and no matter what anyone says its just about always gonna be there regardless of the work performed. But if you have to fight it then yea you have an issue there. The compression rod is usually the culprit unless something is bent in the suspension or it has bad tire pull. But you already cross rotated the tires and it still pulled the same way. Just cause its right on in the machine doesnt mean its gonna be fine. It just means that on the machine its as straight as you can get it but when you drive it is when you see if its good or not. Just have em check the compression rod for play. We dont have to many g35xs down here cuase it basically pointless in south florida to have the awd. It just makes it heavier and you have more parts that can break in the long run

Old 12-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal376
car is new right? if you have to fight to have it go straight, than that is messed up!
the car is 03.5..

Old 12-13-2006, 04:18 PM
is the lowered?

Old 12-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by ORANGEBSRT
is the lowered?
no.. the car is 105% stock

Old 12-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Don't go to the dealership for alignment. Westend in Gardena is the best place to get the alignment done. Darin does it by hand and he is very professional and helpful. I went back 5 times and now the steering feels better than the day I bought my car. I went back so many times because I admit that I didn't test the car properly the first few times (gardena crappy roads and rush hour). Besides it is only $90.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
You have to get the tech to take a test drive with you, once you show him they cannot say "Oh we didn't see it"

Old 01-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Great! I'm not the only one with this problem..I've had it for a while now. I've went to the dealership several times..
The first was because my tires were very noisy and they done a 4 wheel alignment. Tire noise was still present because of a little feathering so instead of buying exspensive 19" tires I just bought new 20" rims and tires. Car still pulled/drifts right (every couple of secounds having to pull steering wheel to the left or hold with left at all times.
So with in a week I take it back to the dealer..Leave it with them for a day and they stated it's "Radial Pull" so all alignment with in specc's. I take it back to Discount and they wanted to help me out so they ordered a new 20" front tire mounted it on the right. I drove it for a couple of days and automatically see that it still has the same problem. I go back to Discount and they then take the original Right front tire and place it on the left. Still had same problem. At this point Discount states "It is Not the tires". Which should be ruled out by exhausting the tire issue. I'm pretty upset with the dealership so I go to another alignment place and they check it and say they feel it does drift off to the right but since it isn't a car they drive every day he couldn't pin point it being the crown/car.
I wait for a bit and decide to give the dealer another chance to fix it..I set up an appointment for today and had the service manager drive with me. He also kept pulling the car to the left every couple of secounds.
NOTE: I've taken the car on flat surfaces (runway) also drove car on opposite side of crown of road, car will drift right and climb over the crown continuing until pulled back to the left.
After we returned to the dealership he advises one of the service personnel to check alignment again and calibrate the machine before doing so.
Later on that day my car is ready for pick up. I talk with the advisor and he says your car is ready... I ask does it still pull,
Him "I'm not sure I didn't drive it"
Well long convo short- Service manager says "It's the 20" rims causing the problem" I tell him it was doing it with the 19".
He states "It normal to pull to the right for this car" so Tired of messing with the problem I asked them to Note it in my service ticket.

States "Car pulls to the right while driving. Set wheel alignment to factory specks, front and rear. After test Veh has normal drift to the right"

To me this is BS.. As stated in this post drift is a slight movement, not something your having to constantly pull wheel to the left or hold it there. Any advise is much appreciated..Help us guys out

Old 01-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Check your tir pressure. If your alignment is good and you still have a problem, it's the tire pressure.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:24 PM
nope not tir pressure...nor tread.. joedaddy1 we have the same symptoms.. or our two cars are normal and its everybody else cars that are messed up and drive straight lmao

Last edited by BLACK_G35; 01-17-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Mine pulls to the right as well, buts it's more pronounced under braking. Nothing alarming or unsafe for normal driving, but I don't need this in race conditions. I checked the brake pads, and there's definitely more wear on the passenger side than on the driver side. I've replaced the rubber brake hoses with Goodridge lines, bled the brakes with Super Blue, put in new pads, and it still pulls, so the only thing left is the caliper itself. I'm hoping that when I decide on the right BBK, this will solve the unusual pulling.

Everybody posting here seems pretty convinced they're experiencing an alignment/tire pressure/comp rod issue, but maybe you want to check to see that you don't have a caliper dragging.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry to resurrect a dying thread, but you know what? My car does this too! Except instead in mine it pulls(ok ok - drifts!) to the left and every few seconds I have to correct it! My car is a Right Hand Drive 2003 Skyline Sedan BTW.

I only have 17000K's on the car and it got new tires 3000K's ago.

I've never done an alignment as I haven't had the car long, but now that I think about it, the old tires were worn unevenly badly on one side, can't remember which side though.

Any surefire cause on this yet and can anyone provide the factory spec alignment settings please?

Old 04-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
I find that my G is the MOST susceptible to drifting from crowned roadways of any vehicle I have driven.

Also, check your air pressure. 1psi diff from left/right will cause some drifting (not sure how bad yours is)

Old 04-20-2007, 12:11 PM
i have to learn to live with it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car pulls to the right...