G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Car pulls to the right...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No more pulling!

I have a 03.5 sedan. My car pulled to the right from day one. I had the dealer tell me it was the crown on the road (total B.S. reason). It was pulling hard. I then had it checked at an alignment shop. They told me it was within specs at 2000 miles. I never had it aligned until I replaced the original Goodyears at 46,000 miles. I bought Goodyear GS-D3 F1's (highly recommend them) and got an alignment and now it does NOT pull at all! Yippee.
P.S. I went to a 225/55/17 from 215/55/17.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
for those who had the drifting problem - did you ever get it sorted?

i have it here: Well I visited Radial today and all the techs there were very professional. As far as alignment, all the wheels were fine with no leaks or abnormal tire wear. They even rotated the tires and had the alignment tweaked a bit but the car still pulls marginally to the right. The tech there, Sri, said that I should give the alignment report to Nissan/Infiniti as it is now some suspension adjustment that has to be addressed - something minor which one of their customer 350z encountered.

Let see how helpful Nissan is now esp since this is an aftermarket add-on!

edit: he mentioned the castor could be an issue as well which Nissan can take care off.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I haven't signed on in a bit but the 2nd Dealership I took it to in Scottsdale actually replaced a part on the suspensionon the right side, it seemed to have fixed the problem but I had terrible feathering on the tires. so that seemed to work only issue is my new tires feathered again in only 3 months ugh but life goes on..

Oh and the service guy said it was a part he guessed was bad due to earlier models having a similar but worse problem?

Old 04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, i thought my car was just messed up cause recently, I let my girlfriend drive my car and she spun out and his an island. No damage what so ever on the car and i did the alignment and it was on the dot. I thought i bent something but now i'm hoping it's just a common G problem.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
mine still does it to this day but I've learnt to live with it.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by clinthammer
mine still does it to this day but I've learnt to live with it.
same.. it's annoying as hell.. but i learned to make sure the car tracks straight on the test drive before i buy it!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
I never had this problem until about a month ago..
and trust me.. drifting to the right is ok, understandable..
but basically my steering wheel is not center and i have to jerk my steering wheel a little left every 2 seconds..
i have the alignment printout and it is almost right on the dot.. but the car still pulls..

Dude this was me 2 days ago:

Cliffs...

Bought 2 front Nexen N3000 tires @ Discount ((car doesn't drift yet)) ...take them back after 5 days swap to for Falken 452...

Car starts drifting right immediately ((I'm very pissed))

Go back they dismount & swap both front tires to isolate the problems

Car still drifts. ((Still mad)) I go to Just Tire..on the way, run into hot girl from college...pay 96.00 for alignment car drifts some more ((super pissed))

Me...Frustrated some more, go back to Discount have them swap back for Nexen N3000s....car drifts less but still drifts now...WTF

I speed my way over to Just tire before close...they get best guy on it tonight...he fix my alignment car drifts ALOT less but still drift on crown road of course but guy says my rear left stock potenza is balding in the center which could effect the tractionz ((Again I'm like WTF))

Discuss

Oh yeah check your tires and traction guys. Before I swapped out any tires, my car ran straight with the noisey front 19 stocks on. The minute I change from Nexen N3000 to Falken 452...the drift o rama began

Cliffs 2:

Tire swap history

All tires installed on 2 front wheels only

1. Factory Bridgestone RE50 Potenza 19s (225/40/19)
2. Nexen N3000 19s (245/35/19)
3. Falken 452 19s (245/40/19)
4. ((back to Nexen N3000)) 19s (245/35/19)

Alignment history:

2 so far

Final Verdict : I'm about 95% happy at the moment

Old 06-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hell mine must be messed up, it pulls left so maybe all yours are fine and mine is the broken one.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by -= SKiZO =-
Sorry to resurrect a dying thread, but you know what? My car does this too! Except instead in mine it pulls(ok ok - drifts!) to the left and every few seconds I have to correct it! My car is a Right Hand Drive 2003 Skyline Sedan BTW.

I only have 17000K's on the car and it got new tires 3000K's ago.

I've never done an alignment as I haven't had the car long, but now that I think about it, the old tires were worn unevenly badly on one side, can't remember which side though.

Any surefire cause on this yet and can anyone provide the factory spec alignment settings please?
Hi from down under
Mine still does this and it ***** me.
I've taken it to 2 different highly lauded alignment places to check this out and they can't find anything wrong...

The strange thing is they both gave me the same story which is scary.
They tell me that some cars come out of Japan with the drifting lanes thing by design. It's there to stop you crashing into the oncoming traffic if you fall asleep and to take out innocent bystanders, pets and small children on the footpath instead.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i had the car drifting to right on me, pretty bad. i changed all 4 tires (not for that reason) but it helped a little. i also had my compress rod & links replaced under warrenty. Car feels alot better and doesnt feel like its pullying or drifting anymore.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by apintojr
i had the car drifting to right on me, pretty bad. i changed all 4 tires (not for that reason) but it helped a little. i also had my compress rod & links replaced under warrenty. Car feels alot better and doesnt feel like its pullying or drifting anymore.
Apintojr, I may have to do that. How long was your car at the dealer? I may see if I can take mine in to the dealer under warranty if my car's 2% drift isn't fixed when I replace the rear tires

Did they give you an 08 to drive around too?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:38 PM
My G has a bad pull to the right as well, I got a recal notice from infiniti on the problem with a right control arm factory defect. It was replacable under waranty but i went over miles, spent $500 for new part and installation. It didnt fix the pull so i got the old one put back on. The pull is so bad i have to put touring tires on because low profile racing tires follow the ruts in the road so bad it throws the car literally in the next lane. Also this problem prevents me from gettin bigger rims i so desire. The car will not go into alignment either, the last setting that tracks the straightness of the car is off. the car has never been recked or majorly repaired. and i cant think of anything that would cause a frame to bend with out messing up a suspension part in the process.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:54 PM
We need a poll....who's car pulls to the right or left

Who's car pulls to the right or left

Then do a sticky...what did you do to correct or attempt to correct the problem so far? This way we can find out some solutions that work for everybody

Old 06-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Mine pulls to the right. I've been told that it's because my right rear tire has significantly less tread than the other 3. I'm going to be replacing the 2 rear tires very soon. Obviously, i'll be getting an alignment when i get the 2 new tires.

No solution for me yet, but I'm just beginning this process...

Old 08-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Mine's started drifting to the right after I had 4 tires replaced to Hankook. Did a re-alignment with a local shop and still drifts a little to the right. I guess it's ok since everyone here is having the same issues. It's weired because it did not drift with the old Bridgestone tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car pulls to the right...