G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Room for baby seats in G35 sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:44 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I have the more typical child car seat in G35 sedan. I'm 6' 2" with a 32" inseam. For reference, with my seat in the normal position (ie non-gangster) and me in the backseat, my knees brush up against the seat back. When I had the car seat rear facing in the middle, the top of the car seat touched the upper edge of the two front seats. If I had mounted the seat behind me, I would have certainly had to reduce the incline of my seat by at least 2". The car seat is now forward facing and my 2 y/o son still sits in the middle because he likes seeing ahead and it's the safest spot for him. Anyways, he's fairly tall 32" and his feet easily touch the center console HVAC vents. In his current car seat, I'd think he might feel a bit constrained sitting behind the front passenger unless my wife scooted up 2" or so. I look forward to putting him in a booster seat.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my G35x, but it is clear that my 18 month old’s knees are just a few inches from the back of the driver’s seat. If I attempt to hold on to the car for the five years I originally planned to, my daughter’s knees will be in my spine by 2009. We also have a newborn on the other side of the back seat.

Ugh, I don’t want to, but I think I have to look at a sensible car like an Avalon—huge back seat. But, not nearly as fun as my Infiniti. I own the G35x outright, so I’d probably have to throw in another 5 grand to settle a trade.

Really bad money after good…

Sadness.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks again for all the info, I just put a deposit down on a 2003 G35 sedan I found on the net. I should be flying out to pick it up, pay the balance and drive it 2700 miles home in the next couple of weeks. It will be a secondary vehicle for the kids so even if it's a bit tight, we should be OK. I'll probably just throw one seat in the middle for now.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DFD149
I love my G35x, but it is clear that my 18 month old’s knees are just a few inches from the back of the driver’s seat. If I attempt to hold on to the car for the five years I originally planned to, my daughter’s knees will be in my spine by 2009. We also have a newborn on the other side of the back seat.

Ugh, I don’t want to, but I think I have to look at a sensible car like an Avalon—huge back seat. But, not nearly as fun as my Infiniti. I own the G35x outright, so I’d probably have to throw in another 5 grand to settle a trade.

Really bad money after good…

Sadness.
I keep my seat all the way back and my 2 year old, who is over 3ft tall has no issues. Maybe you need to look at a new baby seat, maybe a booster? They have some really small ones that would give plenty of room.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I use a Britax behind the driver and my two teenagers (actually 1 teen and 1 preteen) sit next to her. It's a little tight, but doable for excursions. My wifes Pilot does a much better job!