Old 12-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rupdog326
Check out this article in the New York Post today:

Car can hide gun Infinite-ly

If link doesn't work, here is the article

CAR CAN HIDE GUN INFINITI-LY

By PHILIP MESSING

December 15, 2006 -- The NYPD is warning cops to be on the lookout for an Infiniti car model with factory-installed hidden storage compartments that can help conceal handguns.
An NYPD operations order has alerted the city's 37,000 cops that the 2006 Infiniti G35X has a small compartment beneath the rear arm rest that could "easily conceal a firearm."
Drug dealers and gang members have had customized hidden compartments installed in their vehicles for years, but this is the first time the NYPD has found a car with a hiding place as standard equipment. "Uniformed members are cautioned to use extreme vigilance and remain alert for hidden compartments when conducting car stops and searching vehicles," the memo noted.
That sucks because that's where I think is a good spot to hide mine, even though I always get a CWP in every state I get stationed. The hiding part is only for on post as no concealable weapons are allowed on Military bases period, licensed or not.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:17 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
A little DVD player might be nice, but a baby Glock would be better!

But, you know cru... only if it's the Glock 24, you know, the one that's completetly invisible to metal detectors....
And it only ways 2 ounces with a fully loaded 30 round clip!

Old 12-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
Hmmm...Uh, maybe the smell of the weed? That's all I need to search the car. It's called probable cause. And if it's a pound, that's possession for sales, transportation for sales and whatever the D/A decides to add. Oh! What's this? A concealed weapon? Add another felony.
And thank God that it still takes a unanimous jury verdict to convict someone in just about every jurisdiction in the USA.

Go ahead and trump up the charges, my one jury vote still lets 'em walk.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:25 PM
If you want to carry, move to a real state that issues concealed Carry permits, and do it legally. I always carry my HK in a shoulder holster.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Brian
Originally Posted by ORANGEBSRT
I remember those Duck Hunt days!!! That dog used to **** me off!!!

I'm a little late to this thread, but YEAH! I agree. I hate when that douche would snicker at me when I missed. LOL

Old 12-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by gwhiz35
I don't see where he was talking about "trumping up charges". He was talking about probable cause to search a car. Plus how do you trump up the weight of a brick of weed???

Old 12-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And thank God that it still takes a unanimous jury verdict to convict someone in just about every jurisdiction in the USA.

Don't worry brother, with biased statements like that, I don't think the D/A or I have to worry about you making through the jury selection process.

Next victim.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
Don't worry brother, with biased statements like that, I don't think the D/A or I have to worry about you making through the jury selection process.

Next victim.
If I'm knowledgeable enough to know about the concept of Jury Nullification/Fully Informed Jury, do you think I'd be stupid enough to answer questions from the DA in a manner that would tip my hand?

Besides, a little reverse bias is just leveling the playing field. The very idea of "jury selection" corrupts the ideals of the jury system...the DA is looking to "select" those he can lead down the garden path.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I don't see where he was talking about "trumping up charges". He was talking about probable cause to search a car. Plus how do you trump up the weight of a brick of weed???
My personal standard for being "secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures" is a lot higher than the government's. So when I'm on the jury, I apply my standard.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're not doing ANYONE any favors if you approach being on a jury with that mentality. If I understand this correctly, you would commit perjury to serve on a jury so you could push your own agenda? That's going to hurt both sides. Besides, like I need to tell you since you seem to be so well versed on jury duty, you are supposed to be following the instructions of the judge and rendering a decision based on testimony and evidence, and not because you might be constitutionalist and think peace officers have no authority.

News flash...Public defenders and defense attorneys pick jurors that will help their cause, too. BTW, before I had my present job, but while in the application process, I was called for jury duty. The D/A dismissed me. That's right, the D/A. Having someone on a jury who want to be a LEO, on a case with a murder charge with gang enhancements, sets the D/A up for a mistrial.

Nonetheless, regardless of your beliefs, I will still be providing safety, service and security for you.

Last edited by g35 chippie; 12-24-2006 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:34 PM
who would have guessed that his thread would end up in a pointless debate?

Old 12-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Sedan
If I'm knowledgeable enough to know about the concept of Jury Nullification/Fully Informed Jury, do you think I'd be stupid enough to answer questions from the DA in a manner that would tip my hand?

Besides, a little reverse bias is just leveling the playing field. The very idea of "jury selection" corrupts the ideals of the jury system...the DA is looking to "select" those he can lead down the garden path.
I saw this movie. It's called Runaway Jury.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by RXM
And another thing...how can the cops just decide that since you have a lb of weed, that it is intent to sell? I mean, what if your the type of person to share with your family, and you have an extended family. Big family means more weed to make sure everyone gets a nice share. Cops...is there anything they won't do.....
Too late... you just implicated yourself. In my state (NY) even giving it away is considered "sale". Sorry, you just took a B Felony.

Oh, and I can smell unburnt weed and have gotten into cars (legally) without it in plain sight; a K-9 hit is considered probable cause.

I'm not too concerned with the driver climbing into the back seat and going for a concealed armrest compartment; it's the skell in the back seat on the passenger side who I'm concerned with.

BTW, I'm the one who sent the e-mail to the NYPD, Customs, and all the locals in my area. I took four pictures and inserted them in the e-mail which Customs then plagiarized and printed in their memo. Doesn't bother me... I wanted everyone to know. The pics feature my Glock 26 being stashed in the armrest.

Why did I do this? I'm former NYPD... a 919 from 97-08, for those of you know what that is all about.

Don't believe me? That's OK too.

Be safe.

Last edited by Rockhead261; 12-24-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
My personal standard for being "secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures" is a lot higher than the government's. So when I'm on the jury, I apply my standard.
Your standard doesnt mean JACK, Jack...

Old 12-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by RXM
And another thing...how can the cops just decide that since you have a lb of weed, that it is intent to sell?
The cops dont. The legislators that you elected decided when they wrote the laws...

XX amount is possession
XX amount is possession w/ intent to distribute
XX amount is trafficing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car can hide gun