G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Defective Bluetooth???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Defective Bluetooth???

I have an '06 G35x with BT. I recently bought a RAZR V3m for the BT compatibility with my car. It will not pair up! When I bought my car they had to put in the Sirius reciever at the dealership. Could they have not hooked something back up? The whole audio system seems to work fine, except my phone will not pair to the car. The phones BT works because I paired it to my wife's headset. Any suggestions???

Old 01-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Reecard
I have an '06 G35x with BT. I recently bought a RAZR V3m for the BT compatibility with my car. It will not pair up! When I bought my car they had to put in the Sirius reciever at the dealership. Could they have not hooked something back up? The whole audio system seems to work fine, except my phone will not pair to the car. The phones BT works because I paired it to my wife's headset. Any suggestions???
I would try someone else's phone that you know works in their G35. That should prove whether your car's Bluetooth is pooched for sure.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I would try someone else's phone that you know works in their G35. That should prove whether your car's Bluetooth is pooched for sure.
I am going to have a guy that I work with try his phone after work and see if it sees the car.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Friend's phone did not see the car either. Of course the service manager doesn't think it could be anything they did, of course not never their fault!! Does anyone know how BT is wired in our cars? Is there an antenna that needs to be hooked up or does it just transmit? Is it a seperate piece of equipment or built into the radio?

Old 01-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what ive read its a seperate module in the trunk . i believe to the right of the subwoofer on the underneath of the rear decklid.Anything is possible when you have been to the dealer . But just to start with the basics , you did push the button on the steering wheel (the one that looks like a lil guy screaming ) and say the command "pair phone" thats the only way to pair the phone .if you dont do that the phone will never find the car

Old 01-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by GraphiteG2NV
from what ive read its a seperate module in the trunk . i believe to the right of the subwoofer on the underneath of the rear decklid.Anything is possible when you have been to the dealer . But just to start with the basics , you did push the button on the steering wheel (the one that looks like a lil guy screaming ) and say the command "pair phone" thats the only way to pair the phone .if you dont do that the phone will never find the car
Yes, I have tried that about 50 times. It askes me all the questions, just will not pair to phone. I am having another person here at work that has the same phone I do try and pair. I will post results of that try also. Thanks for the reply.