G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just Had Un-revised 350z Springs Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2007 | 05:34 PM
|
Just Had Un-revised 350z Springs Installed

Hey All,

I just had the un-revised 350z springs put on my 03 sedan w/sport suspension. All I did was have the shop install the springs since the struts should be the same. My car has only 38k miles so the struts should be fine, I would think. Just have a couple of questions regarding camber issues.

My issue is that the rear tires of the car are not straight up and down like the front or like they used to be with the stock springs. The rear tires are at an angle where they slant like this /----\. It is not that severe but I can still tell by looking at it.

I shouldn't have any camber problems by just doing the spring swap should I? There was nothing wrong with the rear suspension before the swap.

Now I did not get an alignment after the install since I am going to be getting new rims and tires soon. I know I have to have the front aligned. Would a 4 wheel alignment help the rear in this case?

I have attached a couple of pics, not sure if they will help but they might. Oh, and I know the car is dirty, I am planning on getting it detailed after I get everything done to it.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Thumbnails Just Had Un-revised 350z Springs Installed-dsc00389-large-.jpg   Just Had Un-revised 350z Springs Installed-dsc00390-large-.jpg   Just Had Un-revised 350z Springs Installed-dsc00395-large-.jpg   Just Had Un-revised 350z Springs Installed-dsc00397-large-.jpg   Just Had Un-revised 350z Springs Installed-dsc00398-large-.jpg  

Old 01-12-2007 | 05:43 PM
Congratulations on the drop.

I would get the car aligned as soon as possible. Even if you are getting new rims, perhaps it help salvage what is left on the current treads for some random Ebay'er.

I haven't had problems getting new tires put on after a recent alignment, and then had excessive wear. Most places only do them for 45 bucks around here, and it is way less than the cost of a single new tire.

The struts and shocks holding up are just a hit or miss issue. I know some people that have dropped (in various automobiles) and didn't have any problems with them going out, while others did.

Oh, and yes, must do 4 wheel alignment.

Old 01-12-2007 | 05:45 PM
With any type of drop your camber will be affected. Just have the camber adjusted they should of done it at the shop; a after market camber kit shouldn't be needed.

You might as well wait a month to little your springs settle.

Old 01-12-2007 | 06:42 PM
|
Thanks guys for the info. Will places like NTB or say Goodyear be able to do the type of 4 wheel alignment I need? Will they be able to adjust the camber? Should I trust shops like that to do it or should I take it to a specialty shop?

Thanks again for the help.

Old 01-12-2007 | 07:01 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
You can try WheelWorks if they're around you...they warranty alignments for 12 months/12k.

Unfortunately the Z springs will not allow you get 100% back into spec...it will be close, but not 100%. This is the nature of lowering springs...

Old 01-12-2007 | 07:56 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
I know this has been said above but I will say it again.

Any time you change your suspension you need to get an alingment. You should also get them once a year or so just in case a bump or other road hazard messed it up.

As for your rear camber, the front will be off a little too. The car comes with a little negative camber from the factory and lowering it will only make it worse. The 350Z springs should still put you within the factor spec, just close to the limit. Keep your tires rotated and you should be fine.

You can always add a camber kit to correct the offset created by lowering it. A rear camber/toe kit is not too expensive (~$250) but the front ones are a lot more and not worth it (IMO) unless you drive a lot.

Old 01-13-2007 | 08:59 AM
With Z springs have the car put to the coupe alignment specs. The best we could get on mine with unrevised Z springs was just a tad under 1 degree in the back. The front is not perfect but in the green in all aspecs.

Old 01-13-2007 | 01:03 PM
|
Thanks again for the info guys. Will be getting that alignment soon. I guess since I am such a noob at this I was a bit paranoid.

Old 01-15-2007 | 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@DW
With Z springs have the car put to the coupe alignment specs. The best we could get on mine with unrevised Z springs was just a tad under 1 degree in the back. The front is not perfect but in the green in all aspecs.
What are the coupe specs?

Old 01-16-2007 | 12:54 AM
I need those as well

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:17 PM
i put unrevised springs on my 05X and i love it (handling, drop, etc...)
did alignment and numbers loks weerd on the rear
and left rear came with 0.1 neg from specs which is realy good
but right rear came with 0.7 neg from specs wich is not realy good
is anybody have any ideas what it can be??????

ill try to take it to another alignment shop this weekend and see what they gona say and ill keep u posted

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:48 PM
I installed the unrevised spring last week. I think the coupe spring in the back would be better to even out the gap.

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:51 PM
yeah, get a 4 wheel alignment asap... mine drifted dramatically to the left when on the freeway and my steering wheel was offcenter to the right at least 10 to 15 degrees.

after alignment, everything was back to normal (somehow aligned to 04 sedan specs... done at les schwab's in elk grove)... no major tire wear after 10k miles... did the drop at 6k and the wheel swap about 2k later...

Old 01-17-2007 | 06:04 AM
I used coupe springs in rear to level out the car a little more. I did have to install front camber kits to bring in my tires cambner back into stock specifications. The rear were good and didn't need a camber kit. After about three months I noticed my car settled a little more.

Old 01-17-2007 | 09:44 AM
Allright, if I'm crazy, just tell me. It seems to me that the z rear springs lower a tad too much, but the coupe springs maybe not that much different than stock. I personally think the rear raised more than the front looks better than the other way around. So, since the stock front is slightly higher than the rear, would it be bad to just install the front z springs to get the look I am after? The "ready to pounce" look? Also, there would be no concerns at all with the rear rubbing, and no problems getting it into camber spec. Anybody see a concern with this? And if I don't like it, then install the coupe rears? If I do this, I should only be charged half for installation, correct?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Had Un-revised 350z Springs Installed