G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Navigation System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation System

I am curious to hear from those who have the Navigation system. At first I thought it was a silly option that I would never want. When I found out all the features that it has I became interested and now am curious to see if it pans out as well as I imagine it might.

My questions are:
1. I researched the system a little bit on the site of company that provides the data. They gave cities that they have detail for and others that are covered but not in detail. What is considered detail? Does anyone have the Nav and use it in a city or town that isn't considered detailed coverage.

2. I can't determine how you enter information into the system as far as destination etc., is this difficult or time consuming?

I know these questions can be answered at the dealership when I go in for a test drive but I always liked to be armed with information before I begin the negotiation process.

Thanks.

Old 01-27-2003, 04:23 PM
Re: Navigation System

well i have the navi option and i wish i didn't. it's cool and all to show people you have it but it let me down almost everytime i needed it. i live in the Los Angeles area and it won't let me put my home address in. that's my 2 cents

<font color=blue>2003.5 Blk G35 Sedan</font color=blue>

Old 01-27-2003, 05:31 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Halveb, The Navi gets my vote. It is expensive but so comprehensive and useful. At least so far in my travels. I live in a small city of 110k near Toronto Canada and find the info on the CD as complete as can be.
Like clev1 I had a prob or 2 initially but I'm very happy with it. I had the system now since June and enjopy it most times I drive.
As far as detail in my city: It's very up to date. With a few mispelled road names ( mine was one haha) it's got most streets in memory- but not the newest of course.
When you get the car, you'll get a user manual that explains everything in detail. Very user friendly system.
Adding info and addresses is easy once you find the right menu. Believe me it's easy and you won't be disappointed.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gsedanman's Coupe

Old 01-28-2003, 12:03 AM

Thanks for both of you for the input. I was a little surprised to hear that someone in LA didn't have good coverage since it seemed as though they really concentrated on the larger cities for data collection. Of course, they might have started on the right coast and headed to the left coast in which case they might still be around Las Vegas. [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I think the only way I'll know for sure is to go down and bug a salesman for one half a day (okay buddy just leave me the keys and a battery charger and I'll be out here plotting test destinations).

Old 01-28-2003, 12:14 PM

clev1: can I have your navi?

..pestilence..

Old 01-28-2003, 08:50 PM

I have it and it's very good. My street is not on the DVD but it's a new subdivision. The main street I live off of is and that's close enough. The nav has aweosome little symbols for certain things and is fun just to look at. If you can give up 2K for it, get it.

Twilight Blue/Willow/Premium/Nav/Wood/Winter/Xenon/ 3M Clear Bra

Old 01-28-2003, 11:28 PM

Thanks, it sounds like I am gonna want the Nav system. I have to admit I like gadgets but didn't realize (until I started reading on this forum) that it talked to you. I was imagining having to look at the screen which didn't seem like a good idea. [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 10:49 AM
6mt

I have nav in my current car but opted out when ordering my G Coupe. I love it, but having to buy the premium package (which I don't really care about) in order to get it turns the $2,000 nav into a $4,500 option! No thanks.

6MT.net - G35 Community
2003 G35 Coupe 6-speed