G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

g35 heating system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35 heating system

I have a 04 g35x and it was very cold outside last nite like 6 degrees. Why doesnt the heater go really hot when its on full blast and its at 90 degrees inside max? I tried the vents/legs and defroster up top/legs. Why doesnt it blow out hard and fast at max? My other cars blew heat out faster at max. It doesnt seem like the inside of the car is so hot when its at max. The car is warmed up.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:29 PM
the thermostat is one possibility, maybe it's stuck in the open or close position, can't remember which and if you smell a coolant odor, then your heater core is probably leaking.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
actualy i noticed this too in my 03 sedan,,,,heater sucks compared to my sc400 which would make it hot inside after 3 mnutes after start,,,,freaking g35 takes like 10 minutes and even then the air is still not that hot.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Wow mine got more than hot enough once the car was warm last weekend when it was ~15 degrees.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Wow mine got more than hot enough once the car was warm last weekend when it was ~15 degrees.
whats wrong with mine? What do I check? Its under warranty.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I think its just the G35. I start mine like 20 minutes prior to going outside. It usually goes off, and i have to start it up again, before i even THINK of going outside to get in. Then on top of that, i dont think my heated seat EVER gets hot. I drove for over an hour and half last night with the button pressed to high and it BARELY got warm. But also, if you have it on auto, then nothing will come out till the car gets hot. But once it does, it should get fairly hot, not scolding though. Id say if it never gets hot, bring it to the dealer to assess the problem. Hope this helps.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Disappointed in heated seats myself. Guess they are thinking more that the seats aren't cold, rather than being warm.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by kevink
Disappointed in heated seats myself. Guess they are thinking more that the seats aren't cold, rather than being warm.
Haha! I agree, i guess they didnt take into factor that HEATED seats meant more than WARM. Maybe they should work on that. But atleast now i know not to get the option if i buy another infiniti again.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:45 PM
I noticed this too, it was barely hot enough (driven 30 mins already) to stop the front windshield from freezing while driving. This was in the city and I had it full blast on the windshield.

Could it be a simple thermostat change? or is it a design flaw?

Old 01-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Temp here when I went shopping this evening was 6 degrees F. Wind chill was -15. My G warmed up inside very quickly from a cold start. My car blows out plenty of heat, better than any car I have ever owned. Yours sounds like an anomaly.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:04 PM
i think is a design flaw, cuz i got 06, heat works fine but when it gets really cold outside, it does take a while for the heat to start working. My friends car he has an 89 hoopty, 4 minutes and his car is like miami. Mine to be like that, i need to warm it up for an hour then go on a highway and drive 130mph for like 10 minutes, then it gets real hot, lol

Old 01-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
I found out that the only real way to heat up the G is to change the vents to your face and floor. When it's just on the floor it doesn't seem to do much.

As far as heated seats, my 06 seats get plenty hot, it just takes about 5~10 mins to get hot.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by ImIn06GT
i think is a design flaw, cuz i got 06, heat works fine but when it gets really cold outside, it does take a while for the heat to start working. My friends car he has an 89 hoopty, 4 minutes and his car is like miami. Mine to be like that, i need to warm it up for an hour then go on a highway and drive 130mph for like 10 minutes, then it gets real hot, lol

LOL.....*dies*

*comes back alive to add my two cents*

From what i've noticed if its on auto the air doesn't blow from the dash at all....Heat does come out of the leg vents and then as the temp balances in the car the dash vents sorta of work as comfort vents

I could be reaching but it seems that Infiniti wanted to warm the car while also maintaining comfort....for example when u get in some cars although they get hot quick the air is blowing directly in your face and when u warm up wanna turn the vent away from your face......In the G majority of the heat comes from the lower vents and the top vents blow on low lukewarm air, at least on auto

If u prefer air up top just change it to manual and switch the air to your face and crank of the fan and temp

Old 01-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
The G has quite a sophisticated heating system... It doesn't blow hard until the coolant has been heated enough to make warm air. This should only be about 4 minutes. If it takes longer, your problem could simply be low coolant level. Sophistication again - if there isn't enough water for heat and to cool the engine - you loose. Then engine comes first. For all of you having heating problems - check your coolant level! Also, when you add coolant to the reservoir, it will appear to be at the correct level until you drive for a while. You may have to add again later. Repeat this until the level stays at the correct level. The system is smart enough to direct hot air to where it is needed. The system has sensors near the floor and at the top of the dash. The system sends hot air to wherever it is required for consistent temperature throughout.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:44 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
when the oil temp gage is in the middle turn the heater on and take the rpms to about 5k in second gear and it starts blowing very hot air after that. U dont have to floor it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 heating system