G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Sunroof modual & rotor removal to loose weight & lower center of gravity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why dont you guys see if there isnt a CF replacement for the entire roof, aka no sunroof whatsoever. that would definately minimize the center of gravity..

I am pretty sure I have seen an entire roof replacement, this way you can keep your headliner, but wouldn't you have moonroof cover that would open into CF roof?

it's true.... if you want a huge difference, you shud by light wheels..the 14" baby volks.. i believe they weigh less than 10lbs or something? there is a waiting line for these badboys and they look pretty hot too!

other than that, just go CF on every panel you can! not the hood though that shyts dangerous

Old 03-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ZXERT
I'm sure that if for example I took a sheet of lexan and got it cut so it fit perfect. By cutting carefully and making small adjustments. As soon as I get that first draft right, then all I have to do is trace it and cut out another window of the same shape. All it takes is someone willing to make the first cut.

That person could then order bulk lexan at a cheap price, spend a day cutting 20 or so windows and shipping them. BOOM. Everyone who wants a window has one. Just thinking about it and not really looking at hard numbers, I'm sure we can get a perfectly cut window for under 500$. I would be willing to try and make one, but theres never a day that I don't HAVE to drive my G.

This is something I'm willing to attempt during the summer on a 3 day weekend(if there is one). Or just get a bunch of redbull and work non-stop.
I could do it, but I don't have a coupe. I have the tools to make duplicates if you do make one though...let me know.