G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

g35 was rear ended

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: g35 was rear ended

Yes, the rear quarter panels can be "sectioned" to replace just the damaged section. But I doubt they would do that here, as most of the quarter is damaged. I haven't seen the build schematics for the G35, but I have never seen a quarter panel that goes up the rear window across the roof and into the front windshield pillar. The quarter panel sheet metal usually stops somewhere in the "sail panel" at the rear window. That is where the cut and weld will be. Some cars have a "uniside" piece, which is the inner structure. That usually encompasses the inner structure of the door frames, front to back. But that is not part of the quarter panel sheet metal.

With only one photo of this car, I'd guess too that it is fixable, but will need a good bit of work. The rear body panel is crushed, and I'm sure some of the trunk floor pan is pretty bad. Make sure the shop checks to see if any secondary damage was done further up in the floor area.

Best of luck!!

Steve

Old 12-04-2003, 10:12 AM

the damage looks like hit by a SUV or truck? Ford Explorer? Chev Blazer?

Silver/Graphite/Premium/Sports/Winter

Old 12-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Montgomery's Finest

No No No HELL NO sorry to here and see such a bad sight hope you get everything back together o.k.

MY CAR MY ROAD R.I.P. TO ALL OTHERS
350gt [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2003, 03:15 PM

Yeah...too bad its fixable...its worst then get a front hit since this car is back wheels. May cause problem when the car gets old...

Old 12-04-2003, 03:19 PM

LOL. im stupid, i changed my mind! if the engine were hit in the front mostly whould be total lost... :P

Old 12-04-2003, 08:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's too bad really, it would be better if it had been totalled, there are always things that show up later, minor things, but the car is never the same once something like this happens, and there is always some tell-tale sign it had be damaged!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 12-04-2003, 10:13 PM

Make sure you go and see a doctor,chiropractor, and a lawyer. Even though you may only be stiff for a few days, it'll hit you in a few years. Trust me, I was in an accident in '91, and sore and lost flexibility 2-3 yrs later. Worry about the car later (not trying to be rude), get checked out and fix up your bodies first (they're going to last a little longer than your car)!

2K4 G35S 6MT, Diamond Graphite/Graphite, Premium Pkg
2K2 GS300 5AT SportDesign, Millenium Silver/Black

Old 12-05-2003, 07:16 AM

And people wonder why their insurance rates are so high....(I'm NOT talking about the damage to the car). Is a lawyer going to make anyone less injured?? I could sit here all day and tell you stories about this.....

Old 12-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not all of those are false claims. We were rear-ended in a Jeep. My wife was driving, stopped at a stop sign, looking to the right at the moment we were hit from behind. Her neck and shoulder were sore for nearly a full year. We didn't receive much in the way of monetary compensation, btw.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 12-05-2003, 12:24 PM

There is some merit to that "false" claim thing, about 9 years ago, I was rear ended in my Ford F-150, by a guy in a Toyota PU with one of those huge push bars, anyway, he pushed me into the car in front of, me and about 2 more cars in front of him, anyway, I took the full force of it, I was fine, pissed, but fine, two cars in front of me, everyone in the car claimed injuries, not sure if it was real or not, but the guy in front of me was fine as well.

Old 12-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to say. My wife was bent over and had her head turned to look right at the intersection. The angle of her neck during the impact is what jacked her up. Her neck got so stiff at the scene that she couldn't move it, and we had to have an ambulance take her to the hospital. My in-laws were also in the car, my mother-in-law had an already bad shoulder that was aggravated by the incident for awhile. I was in the car too, I was reading a book, and completely relaxed when we were hit (kinda like how drunks never seem to get hurt, I suppose) -- and I suffered no injuries at all. There are a lot of different factors that come into play in how the human body is stressed during a particular incident.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 12-05-2003, 07:01 PM

Well, I had mashed on the brake when I saw this guy wasn't stopping, but he hit so hard, my foot slipped off the pedal, I had a bed mat in my truck, and it slid all the way up the back of the cab! Damn if he hadn't have had that damn push bar, it would have been a very minor wreck, that damn thing cut right through my bumper! I have always left a lot of room in front of me when I stop after that, LOL, and when I see traffic slowing ahead on the interstate, I start distancing my self from the cars in front of me, rapidly!!!

Old 12-06-2003, 07:34 PM

Glad everyone was OK. I was rear ended in my 99 Passat one year ago. I was at a stop and a lady in a Suburban was adjusting her mirror(probably to put on make-up..haha) and she plowed right into me. What a wallop! pushed me into the car in front of me and he hit the car in front of him. Hit me so hard it cracked the transmission case(front wheel drive). Totalled out the car and so I bought my G. Some good things came out of it. Everyone's OK so that's the most important thing. Take care.

Old 12-06-2003, 07:50 PM

how much do we get when a car (g35) is totalled?

Friends don't let friends drive stock

Old 12-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

i found out today that the repairs are going to cost $8000. it is $2000 alone for the new rear windshield. my brother and his wife are fine. they arent sore at all anymore. i guess they just were sore for a day or two after the accident. its going to take at least 2 weeks to repair the car and what sucks is my brothers insurance does not cover a loaner car from infiniti. so hes stuck with some p.o.s.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 was rear ended