G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

INFINITI dealers cover brake pads under warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INFINITI dealers cover brake pads under warranty?

Yes or no? The gas station servicemen told me most likely that the car dealers don't. btw. my sedan is less than a yr old.. if that matters

Old 12-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Re: INFINITI dealers cover brake pads under warranty?

you might want to read this

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

Old 12-08-2003, 07:43 PM

i got a recall letter that says infiniti will change my brake lamp switch.. not my brakes.. lol.. so im still wondering if infinti will replace my brake pads..

Old 12-08-2003, 07:46 PM

That’s a different letter. The brake pad and rotor recall letter states that Infiniti will replace the pads and rotors (if needed) on 2003 and 2004 G35 sedans and automatic transmission coupes. If you have one of those, then you should be covered.

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

Old 12-08-2003, 07:50 PM

i have a 2003 g35 sedan 5AT but didnt get a letter
if i bring my car to the dealer tomorrow they would cover it without any arguements right? thanks

Old 12-08-2003, 07:53 PM

oh.. and im bringing my sedan to another dealer.. not the dealer where i bought my car from.. will they treat me with equal service? or tell me that the brake pad change will take several days instead of hours

Old 12-08-2003, 07:53 PM

It sounds like you’d qualify, but I think I’d call ahead before you bring it in to make sure, plus, they probably need allow more time for the install. I think I read somewhere that the dealers are charging for the brake inspection though, but I haven’t brought my G in yet, so I don’t know for sure.

Good luck!

03.5 5AT Sedan

Old 12-08-2003, 07:56 PM

thanks phdvamp, you've been a great help
the local gas station told me that they would charge $150 to replace the brake pads
do u think that infiniti will charge that much for their "brake inspection"
do u think i should bring my car to the gas station and then send my bill to infiniti to repay me after.. so i lose nothing..heh

Old 12-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, call this number if you haven't received a letter!
1-800-947-9115
And, never go back to that service station, that guy is wrong, and probably thinks he knows it all!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 12-08-2003, 08:00 PM

Definitely don’t go to that gas station ever again, they sound pretty unscrupulous. I think someone said a brake inspection is $40, but since I’ve never had it done, I really don’t know for sure.

03.5 5AT Sedan

Old 12-08-2003, 09:12 PM

Brakes are covered, TRUST me! i just took my G in for my second brake job (hmm gee I wondder why I am going through so many pads! Not driving fast!) Anyway Infinti had orginaly told me that the front rotor and pad job would be $675 I waited 3 weeks, and took it to another dealer who informed me that brakes are definatly under warrenty AND then proceeded to fix the brakes, rotors and all under warrenty. i also have a check on the way for my previous brake jobs.
So if a dealler tells you no on a brake job, call Infiniti consumer affairs at 800.662.6200

Old 12-08-2003, 09:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder about this, since Infiniti has started covering the brakes under warranty, maybe if they are needed you don't get charged, curious to find out! I don't get why if Infiniti decided to warranty the brakes, why they wouldn't replace the worn stuff with a better wearing pad and/or rotor, anyone know if they are? Like I've said before this has to be costing them a fortune! I'm sure even the Japanese have to watch the bottom line! Doesn't make sense why they would keep mass producing something like that!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 12-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

"do u think i should bring my car to the gas station and then send my bill to infiniti to repay me after.. so i lose nothing..heh"

lil_leftyy... eek! no don't do that. the letter states in BOLD -- "This program is only available through an Infiniti dealership... this brake maintenance program covers brake pad and/or brake rotor replacement (or turning as appropriate) performed by your Infiniti dealership (only)..." if you take your car to someone else (non-infiniti) for brake service, it might be a pain in the butt to get reimbursed. so don't take it to a gas station when you can get dealership service for free, right?

even though you haven't received your letter, the infiniti dealership should (keyword: should) tell you about the brake warranty and honor it. some people on this forum didn't get the letter yet but were told by their service dept. that brakes are now covered under this warranty.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 12-08-2003, 09:55 PM

thanks

Old 12-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

no prob. as for that dealer (the one you didn't buy your car from) treating you with equal service, i guess you never know. some people have been denied loaners from dealers that they didn't buy cars from. i take my car to one dealer, but i was told another dealer that they would give me a loaner if they worked on my car. but, both dealerships are owned by the same people. go figure. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: INFINITI dealers cover brake pads under warranty?