G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

checklist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
checklist

Buying the G35X today - will pick it up this afternoon.
Any checklist you guys have of things to check before I sign the dotted line?
thanks

Old 12-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: checklist

If financing with them, make sure % rate and other agreed to things are defined correctly.

Check for any mechanical or cosmetic defects. This you should do with the salesperson, they usually have a checklist of their own. Owner manual, jack, first aid kit, Cd case, key ring etc.
Start the car and turn on and check all the lights. Really want to be ****, check the fluids too.

Good luck and enjoy.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!

Old 12-22-2003, 02:24 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: checklist

Congrats on getting your Gx.
Apart from the paperwork being correct, and all options and 'extras' are present, look for obvious things like scratches, dents, broken lights, lenses etc. The car should be spotless to facilitate this. Look inside too for flaws.
At my dealership they fill the gas tank on all their deliveries. They also should instruct you on all functions of the vehicle and accompany you on a test drive.
Warranty requirements and explanations is another area they should explain (with the booklet).
They should walk you thru the service area and intro you to the manager.
They'll also try to sell you high priced, high profit, extras like extended warranty, and paint & interior protection.
Make sure your ride doesn't have expensive extras on it like aftermarket wheels and body kits not already agreed on.
After I get my ride home, I always take the time to check tire pressures, wheel lug torques, fluid levels, spare tire etc etc. I also check all stickers under the hood, and in door openings for important info.

If I hadn't already gotten the owner's manual 2 weeks b4hand, I'll get that out and read it carefully, including the one for the Navi if equipped.
The car prolly has all season rubber, but check that out carefully. My coupe came with premium, but 'dedicated summer' tires, that were useless (and dangerous) in the snow and ice. I had to equip it with snows soon after arrival (Jan. 7- 03)

That's about it, other than planning to Zaino, wax wheels, clear bra, and buying some detailing supplies.

Enjoy your early Christmas present and have a safe holiday.

<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green>
<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>