G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Coupe feels slower than my Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Coupe feels slower than my Sedan

Well said, GeoBau! I have read that myself somewehere on the net, very possibly WSJ or NYT (those are the two I read the most in addition to the LA Times. But that's absolutely on the mark. Guess why they want to develop the PE turbo kit on a sedan? Those very same reasons were quoted to me by the company getting ready to do that.

Gurgen

Old 12-25-2003, 11:34 AM

I guess it was brought up in the coupe forum a couple of times. The funny thing is, you don't see many coupe members replying to it. Most of the people in that thread are sedan owners . Note, I haven't even once mentioned which one is better than the other, and didn't try to justify one over the other (unlike some other people). I said this before, and I will keep saying it again (you can't suck me into posting a counter argument), they are both great cars. Peace boys.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 12-25-2003, 11:39 AM

BTW, gurgenpb, the link to a post you mentioned talks about the 4 door being faster than the 2 door. I was talking about that no posts which say the 2 door is faster than the sedan has been brought up in the coupe forum. There is no sense of insecurity in the coupe forum, and no one is trying to justify their purchase of the sedan over the coupe . Again, I will not comment on "feels faster" or "is faster", etc, etc, etc. Both are great cars, and they both have their pluses and minuses. To each it's own.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 12-25-2003, 01:22 PM

I agree that both a great cars. MY comment was directed to that kookoo guy. TO you I was just saying that there are posts out there glorifying the coupe and relegating the sedan to the "i-am-not-a-serious-car-enthusiast" category. I do sense that overinflated sense of supremacy from SOME coupe guys; most are very good, and in fact many are my friends. I have seen a couple of threads like that, even though the one I could quickly find at the time of my first post here may not have been the perfect example.

Gurgen

Old 12-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe it's only natural to justify and rationalize when your decisions are attacked. The fact is that most in the forum come out swinging with "No way is your car as sporty" and "the sedan is ugly", etc. etc. Do you want people not respond when "jokingly" told they've made a bad choice?

In your own post where you quoted the sedan forum, you called those who liked the looks of the sedan "ignorant". In another post "The sedan is definitely not at the level of my coupe" was mentioned in the first post. This was, of course, comparing a loaner, empty model to a loaded coupe. Then came "Why would ANYONE buy the sedan?" in June. That was cool.

Perhaps I've just read too much of it, but I feel sedan owners need to keep their guard up, lest someone truly ignorant says that it's not anywhere near the performance of the coupe. Talk about justification. Let's be done with this little miscommunication and discuss what we came here to discuss-- both cars are awesome anyway.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 12-25-2003, 02:06 PM

gurgenpb,

I like the sedan and I never said that the coupes are faster than the sedans , I just meant that some of you sedan owners are kinda "kookoo'd" to think ur sedans are faster.

the guy that started this thread is comparing a moded sedan against a coupe, and that isn't fair.
plz don't try convincing yourself that the sedan is faster and that u made the right decision by getting the sedan, this is what i hate about u sedan owners.

in the end we're all G brothers (G-unit) lol
peace

Gggggg G Unit....... lol

Old 12-25-2003, 02:15 PM

kookoo ............

First, you say that this is what i hate about u sedan owners and then in the end we're all G brothers.

Take that brotherhood that YOU (not others) feel for the "G-unit" and shove it you know where. The real brotherhood is helping the common cause of the community as well as share information to further our particular individual goals (modding, etc.), and not to have outright contempt. You epitomise the ignorance and idiocity that's possible in people.

Gurgen

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by merlin on 12/25/03 01:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Coupe feels slower than my Sedan *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gsedan35

Old 12-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Mods can we thread lock and delete this post I just made calling for it.

Nothing positive will come from this thread and it's now going to hurt the community

"i, for one, am not a fan of glory hounds."

Dang straight, it's all about the glory of helping. Who have you helped today?

Old 12-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was hoping a civil discussion and understanding might actually bloom from this for once. I'm saddenned that to expect civility is to expect too much, I suppose. This thread is locked.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint