G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

In need of some serious help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In need of some serious help!

Hey all, names Steve i've been a lurker of the site for the past 3 years since the arrival of the G35. I've been mesmerized by it's curves as well as power.

I'm currently located up in the north country of Potsdam, NY finishing off my bachelors degree in civil engineering &management @ Clarkson University. I live in Saratoga, NY and just recently accepted a job offer for a civil engineering firm in Troy,NY.

Why does all this matter you might ask?

That job I landed is leading me to getting a newer car. I recently sold my 01 Saturn L200 for 6,600 and plan on putting that money down on an 05/06 g35x. Currently I have a couple close friends who are car dealers going to Infiniti auctions and my choice is down to 3 cars as of now - 05 G35x dark grey, 05 g35x dark grey, and 05 g35x black. (i actually have been looking for a 6speed for the longest time but have had no luck, plus I think it would probably be better to have AWD in the northeast)

I told my buddies that mileage under 25k is a must - and close to flawless exterior/interior condition. They plan on attending the auction tonight and bringing home 1 of the 3 thats in the best condition.

That leads me to asking you all G35 drivers, which modifications area would you suggest going after first? I planned on probably doing something small like tint/clear corners within the first week of purchasing it but after that it's up in the air.

Also, what are the restrictions as to type of wheels X owners can purchase due to the all wheel drivetrain? My apologies if this has been brought up previously, i've had a hard time finding any FAQ in regards to the X trim of the sedan.

Thanks for everyones input and glad to be here!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont own an X but a 06 sedan. So I wouldnt know everything there is to know about urs. But I've only had my G a few months.....

I dont know what exactly you have planned for ur car but the couple of mods Ive done to my car have made a huge difference.....Both for fun and performance..
I had the car dropped on Tein S tech springs and the car handles a bit better and it dosent feel like Im turning a boat. IDK if the X will feel the same way but it will also make it look alot better...
I also put on a Stillen Z-tube/JWT pop charger and the engine sounds more like the coupe. It also makes it a better drive, espcially on the freeway...

Dont worry about the Auto transmisson, thats what I have and I cant complain. Sure I would rather have a Manual but oh well.....Good thing about a Auto is that when you just want to cruise you can and if you can figure out where to shift on the tiptronic it makes it just a little better...

Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gsRt5
I dont own an X but a 06 sedan. So I wouldnt know everything there is to know about urs. But I've only had my G a few months.....

I had the car dropped on Tein S tech springs and the car handles a bit better and it dosent feel like Im turning a boat. IDK if the X will feel the same way
I have a question for you i have i have an 05 sedan thinking about dropping it on Tein S tech springs as well do you have a camber kit or did you just put in the springs by themselves. Also is the ride a little rougher of smoother? And do you have problems with speed bumps or driveways?

Old 04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All G35X are automatic.

Tints and LED light upgrades are cheap easy start.

With the G35X, you can't have a big brake kit ; no staggered wheel sizes. Limited suspension mods.

I would suggest driving the car for a while before doing any major mods.

My previous ride is a 97 Maxima. My 05 G35X rides much stiffer and take corners like its on rails in comparison. Also it has a much louder exhaust and has gobs of power.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by toymachine2009
I have a question for you i have i have an 05 sedan thinking about dropping it on Tein S tech springs as well do you have a camber kit or did you just put in the springs by themselves. Also is the ride a little rougher of smoother? And do you have problems with speed bumps or driveways?
Nah, no problems what so ever. I dont have a camber kit and only the rear was cambering a bit. The ride is about the same but it now corners better, atleast it feels that way. I have alot of speed bumps around my neighbor hood and have yet to bottom out on one....
I say there are worth the $$.....

Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What firm in Troy? I work for a GREAT civil consulting firm, and we have an office in Albany...my office manager here (in MA) oversees the Albany branch, and he too is a Clarkson alum! Let me know if you're interested!