G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

KP Technologies Sedan Mirror Tilt Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a joke - we have the folding mirrors on our Touareg - which actually need them - and we've used them twice in 2 years. 800 bucks in a future option on the S&P 3 weeks ago would have netted you 15 thousand.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank

Hey everyone. I know there is a thread about this in the other section but this is specific information for you sedan guys. Kevin and company developed this module for the coupe and I was able to convince him to let me try one out on my sedan.

Good news! The module works just as well for us!!

The install is simple; you give it +12V, Ignition, Ground, Reverse and tap into the switch up and down wires. After a little programming and fine tuning for your car it works great. It uses a timed circuit to move your mirror down and back up controlled by your reverse signal or any other +12V trigger you would like to give it (switch, etc). Then you use two turn ***** to fine tune how far it goes down and comes back up. The install took about an hour and I had it set up in about 10 minutes.

Some people are worried about it prematurely wearing out the motor on your mirror. Others would not get one because they only use it occasionally. Well I have good news there too. You can program it to one of two different modes. The first mode is for people who will use it all the time. It tilts the mirror when you put the car in reverse for more than 1 second. If you put the car in reverse and take it back out quickly and put it back into reverse it will not tilt. The second mode is just the opposite and for people more like me who only use it occasionally when backing up near a curb. The second mode will not tilt the mirror when the car is put in reverse for more than one second. If you want it to tilt you put it in reverse, quickly take it out and put it back in reverse and it will tilt.

I believe Kevin wants to continue the beta testing for another month or two before he releases it. From what I know the price will be ~$70-80. I’ll keep you posted.

Could you actually post photos of the installation and long with step by step instructions? for example, I'd like to see exactly how you have it wired

some photos like this perhaps:

Old 04-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool - can't wait for this to be done.

I installed the Beep and Autolock. The Beep works flawlessly and I love the sound. The Autolock doesn't work...I've tested and checked the wiring...I need to get in touch with Kevin about it again.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
now that's a mod i'd go for ... especially at the price listed.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay
Could you actually post photos of the installation and long with step by step instructions? for example, I'd like to see exactly how you have it wired
http://kptechnologies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=352

Old 04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Thanks Kevin!!

That is how I did mine. The only change is that the reverse wire on the sedan is Orange but it is down in the same area.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! I am defintely interested in getting one of these! Take as much time as you need to make sure everything works well.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:59 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
I want one for sure!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
it's late, I'm tired and it's been a long day... maybe that's why I'm not getting it?... what does the vid show the mirror doing? angling down - it does that stock... I know I'm missing something... again - I'm f-ing tired!

BTW, regarding electronic folding mirros - how lazy do you have to be not to fold then in manually if needed?... I can see the curbside being little more convenient electronically but how often do you need it to warrant having electronic? - Big waste there IMO.

But I do want to know what the thread topic is?...

Old 04-25-2007, 01:34 AM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when you put your car in reverse, this will automatically tilt your mirror down so you can see the curb/lines as you're backing up into a parking spot, garage, etc.

The stock set up does not have/offer this feature.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
+1

This is an auto feature to help with backing up. If you back in a lot like I do it is very nice to have. Like a garage door opener, not needed but so nice.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:07 AM
I see (no pun intended)... indeed this is cool... hmmm...

Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, you have to look at it from Inifiniti's point of view: All these little "extras' cost money (R&D, install, problems with blown motors, etc.) so I'm sure we can have these in cars but I don't even want to know what it would cost once every little things we want are put in. Imagine how much it costs just for the premium package, my guess is it would cost about this much for a few extra "cool" features.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Well, you have to look at it from Inifiniti's point of view: All these little "extras' cost money (R&D, install, problems with blown motors, etc.) so I'm sure we can have these in cars but I don't even want to know what it would cost once every little things we want are put in. Imagine how much it costs just for the premium package, my guess is it would cost about this much for a few extra "cool" features.
Well, if they made one like mine it would cost minimum 6-7K more... and mine is only a moderately modded car... That's what "modding" is all about brother!

Old 04-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
It's simply impossible for a car company to please everyone, so they try to please the 'average' person. The 'average' person probably doesn't care too much about a little curb rash.

This is why aftermarket companies, such as KPtechnologies, exists. To fill the void left between what you bought and want you want!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KP Technologies Sedan Mirror Tilt Module